When larsson was poor

I will say that I don’t remember ever being particularly worried about him in games (but that doesn’t mean I think he was a dud).

I’d take a player right now that could score 1 in 2 against them while being anonymous in the games.

I quite literally couldn't stand the sight of him back in the day but larsson was an outstanding scoring talent.

Anybody trying to dispute that fact just makes themselves sound stupid tbh.

The manky mob were gifted his signature for a pittance at a time where they so badly needed a player with the X factor to nick them a title. Unfortunately for us larson turned out to be that player.

Curiously enough I honestly believed pre Christmas we'd finally managed to repeat the trick with Morelos. Like larsson did for the mentally challengeds he looked a talisman for us , head and shoulders above his teammates looking every inch as though he'd come of age in Scottish football.

Rangers luck that all looks a distant memory now.

I quite literally couldn't stand the sight of him back in the day but larsson was an outstanding scoring talent.

Anybody trying to dispute that fact just makes themselves sound stupid tbh.

The manky mob were gifted his signature for a pittance at a time where they so badly needed a player with the X factor to nick them a title. Unfortunately for us larson turned out to be that player.

Curiously enough I honestly believed pre Christmas we'd finally managed to repeat the trick with Morelos. Like larsson did for the mentally challengeds he looked a talisman for us , head and shoulders above his teammates looking every inch as though he'd come of age in Scottish football.

Rangers luck that all looks a distant memory now.
Unfortunately for us we blew our 10 th title and in wee dicks last season the players never played for him there's 2 titles he was gifted

He may well have had poor games but he could never be classed as a poor player. He left Scotland and went on to play for Barcelona then Manchester United who were both very good sides.

That’s tarriars for you. I expect nothing less of them. If they had a similar thread in Laudrup there’d be far less honesty I can assure you.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't rate Laudrup, Gazza highly. They are haunted by Goram and the saves he made vs them for years and I've seen a few of them say he was world class.

Larsson was excellent, lets not beat about the bush, just because he played for our arch rivals the OP is trying to re-write history.
I would have loved Larsson to have joined us from Feyenoord and what a player he would have been for us.

He probably would have got a career ending injury with us early doors and never played again - that’s the way our luck goes

I wanted to cut off that tongue and ram it down his throat.World class player and second only to Laudrup in our shitty wee backwater of best foreign players.
In his pomp he was one of best in Europe and proved it with Sweden too.

Ab
Unfortunately for us we blew our 10 th title and in wee dicks last season the players never played for him there's 2 titles he was gifted

Yeah we definitely blew 10 in a row that was all us. That withstanding martian coupon was the player who made the difference for them and you have to concede that.

He stunk the place out, not just in the 2002 scf but in other games against us apart from the 6-2 game he never did anything against us to merit his overblown hype, always seemed to struggle against us, unless my memory is on the slide.
His career, post Celtic, would appear to render your suggestion of "overblown hype" as very silly indeed.

Unfortunately, he was a great player. Let's be honest, both us and them had some excellent players at that time.

Larsson was an outstanding player for them.
The thing I respected the most about him was that he never played to the Timmy gallery like a Di Canio or Broon for example.
He just got on with the job and let his ability do the talking.
None of this, look at me I’m a big plastic terrier mentality.

Theres a fair few that they build up as a world beater ( and the madagascan messi etc) when it's obvious to most sane people that they are crap.
Larsson wasnt one of them. He was actually very good.

His career post spl backs this up as well.

Larsson was an outstanding player for them.
The thing I respected the most about him was that he never played to the Timmy gallery like a Di Canio or Broon for example.
He just got on with the job and let his ability do the talking.
None of this, look at me I’m a big plastic terrier mentality.

i've never been able to find it but his interview on the pitch at the uefa cup final went along the lines of a dejected larsson being asked 'what about these great fans' and his response 'who cares about the fans, we lost'

Off topic slightly, but hopefully an insight in to the character of the man. I worked with a Tim who played against him for Morton many years ago. It was just after Vidulka had just came back from his walkabout and they drew Morton in the quarters of the Scottish Cup. Anyway, said Tim was a defender and idolised Larsson, so he couldn't wait to play against him. He was marking Viduka in the first half and winding him up and said Viduka took it well. Second half he was asked to mark Larsson. He put an innocuous challenge in and Larsson responded by saying that if he touched him again, he would break his leg. Guy said that the to and fro slaggings are common place in games, but there is an unwritten rule that you never threaten injury. He said he lost all respect for him there and then. The ironic thing was Larsson broke his leg against Lyon a few months later. Karma!

Larsson was a one man team at Celtic.

He was that good and that important to them.

Anyone who thinks he was overhyped is at it.
He was as good for them add Laudrup was for us. He went on to play at Barcelona ffs. He's a player that we'd have been drooling over if he had played for us.

You miss the point. The craziness on this thread would have had Larsson winning the Ballon d'Or every season. He was never anywhere near that status. In fact, if its just reduced to a matter of goals Larsson scored, then Boyd being top SPL goalscorer 4 times or 5 times, better than Larsson, says he's a superior striker. Is this the ridiculous argument being played out ?

What a ridiculous straw man argument. You've made an absolute tit of yourself.

have to admit Larsson was a top class footballer for club and country, not many players go on to play for Barcelona & Man Utd at the twilight of their career unless their special and he certainly was,
was he better than Laudrup or even Super Ally is open to debate but he was one of the best that played up here thats for sure

Back