When Morelos signed

Remember the convo with my mate he was saying hes a good scoring record but its in Finland and me saying the standard cant be much different from here. Hes been a sensation for us and I'm sure in the summer he will go with all our best wishes and probably follow his career as he goes on.

I love the story’s guys, keep them coming please...He’s probably my favourite ever Gers player :p

Imagine when he does score against them I think it will be one of those moments we will always talk about like McCann destroying them, Albertz free kick, Ferguson’s free kick @ Hampden & El Buf’s header @ Piggery in new year game o_O

...and then a few weeks later he bagged a double away to Ross County, including a ridiculously cheeky one where he robbed their keeper. It was clear this boy was no Sebo (with all due respect to big Filip) and I was a fan right away. Started bumping my gums to anybody who would listen that I had a feeling the boy was a special one.

I had completely bought into him as a player after that as well.

I watched that in the snooker hall beside Central Station on a trip back to Glasgow for some reason. I can't remember why I was there but ended up enjoying it and celebrating it like I wasn't the only guy in there giving it complete attention.

Without being over the top about it, it was after watching 5 years of utter laziness, stupidity and incompetence from boardroom to the starting eleven being undone. Or at least the start of a fight back against it. Seeing someone work hard, use a bit of quick thinking and genuinely force in a goal that the likes of Sandaza, Kyle, Boyd in the state he turned up in couldn't have dreamed of seemed like a turning point.

Obviously Caixinha wasn't that point but signing guys like Morelos with his ability and attitude has been.

No-one had heard of him but he was scoring for fun in Finland too.
Just goes to show, we should be looking at leagues like that ,he was no doubt being watched but teams were maybe reluctant to take a punt. I was actually looking forward to seeing him at more at the time just down to his scoring record and YouTube reel. Both were far more impressive than Herrera's even at the time. Is Herrera still on the books, surely not but we did some silly business then it wouldn't surprise me

No, he probably wouldn't have been.

But...

His raw ability and potential were obvious right from the start though. I remember him scoring in his first league start against Hibs (the infamous cheatin Beaton game I think) and then a few weeks later he bagged a double away to Ross County, including a ridiculously cheeky one where he robbed their keeper. It was clear this boy was no Sebo (with all due respect to big Filip) and I was a fan right away. Started bumping my gums to anybody who would listen that I had a feeling the boy was a special one.

Been an absolute pleasure to watch him develop and improve these last few years and as much as it will pain me when it happens, he's more than ready for a step up to elite league level.
same mate i got in lots of arguments with mates that him and jacko would be a core of our team for years to come (like to brag when im right) , also in those first 9 games (he had 9 goals i think) i had a fiver on him every time , was genuinely mental and was my first season with an ST , enjoyable season from that perspective. People forget he was a 20 year old kid when he joined us , hes a man now

Remember that time Murty played Jason Cummings ahead of him against Celtic?
Tbf that was purely out of fan pressure , all my mates would say "cummings would have scored that chance" and want him to play when alfie missed , my response would be "cummings wouldn't have got/made that chance....."

Tbf that was purely out of fan pressure , all my mates would say "cummings would have scored that chance" and want him to play when alfie missed , my response would be "cummings wouldn't have got/made that chance....."

Yeah mine were the same. The resulting game we got trounced and couldn't get the ball up the park at all as there was no out ball.

Remember him coming on a a sub, cannot remember who against but i do remember thinking he looked lively and was a trier , bit raw but there was something there. Thank you Pedro.

This.

A really vital point. Alfredo’s strength & ability to lead the line are so missed when he’s out.

I’ve said the same thing about Defoe many times. Of course he can finish but he isn’t close to Alfie’s effectiveness when the balk is outside the box.

First time I saw him was the friendly down at Sheffield Wednesday, he was a substitute but he was warming up in front of the Rangers fans ,who were on the opposite side from the dugouts now I don't think he had ever kicked a ball for us but he endeared himself to the supporters that day with all the selfies that were taken , he was leaning into the crowd while the match was in progress & that big smile on his face ,he just looked like a young man who was happy to be there.
He probably couldn't understand a word

All the credit must go to JJ for identifying him but the improvement that he has shown in his all round game must go down to himself. He can go to anyone after we get 55 this season.
For me that's the best thing about him. Can't be many who were unknown to us who went on to become a fan favourite and hero to the lot of us. Been great to watch him improve whilst at us. Don't think I've seen such an improvement in a player. He was important to us last season, this season he is the top man. I started loving the boy after his sneaky goal away to Ross county a couple of years back. The biggest fan favourite since the 90s in my opinion.

All the credit must go to JJ for identifying him but the improvement that he has shown in his all round game must go down to himself. He can go to anyone after we get 55 this season.
Would love it if he signed a new contract and stayed for a go at qualifying for the champions league

Anyone remember on here during the mental caixinha transfer months when there was a rumour of Morelos signing. No one had heard of him.

Cue a few days later and a thread on here had become massive with everyone directly messaging him on Twitter etc telling him to sign.

Think he had changed his status to Rangers player about a week before it was even announced :D:D

FF basically forced him to sign

I thought someone had doctored his scoring record on Wiki it was that good.

Genuinely said at the time that this guy looks like we've signed someone special. I may also have said to my dad and a couple of mates that his movement on the pitch reminded me of a certain Ally McCoist.

Not quite right as there was also a wee bit of Hateley in there too.

Anyone remember on here during the mental caixinha transfer months when there was a rumour of Morelos signing. No one had heard of him.

Cue a few days later and a thread on here had become massive with everyone directly messaging him on Twitter etc telling him to sign.

Think he had changed his status to Rangers player about a week before it was even announced :D:D

FF basically forced him to sign

I had :)

Was seen as a cheap punt as backup to big Herrera :))

I miss the posts of Penaseen getting shit faced in Glasgow pubs and posters still telling us notto worry as he was a Roll’s Royce of a signing

Actually I don’t but the difference since SG took over has been incredible

Remember that time Murty played Jason Cummings ahead of him against Celtic?

In fairness to Murty, Morelos' head had completely gone by that point in the season (who could blame him) and Cummings started out of desperation to try something different after we were humped 4-0 a few weeks previous.

Grim times.

Was BothwellBear that broke the news I think. He overheard a conversation at Ibrox with his agent if I remember correctly.

Was posted in the Mad Speculation section of the Transfer Thread that had something like 4 million views.
Ha was another source but aye I just fired it in that thread out of no where pished and it within minutes it was manic and mark phoned me to give me a bollocking cause he’d had one. Learnt not to do that again

Decent eh...interesting choice of words. Especially since he also signed Candeias and Ryan Jack
Forgot that he signed Jack. Candeias was decent, the other 2 obviously better than decent.

Maybe Pedro knew a thing or 2 about football after all.

I actually thought he was going to be an excellent signing and he has proved me right. However, I think we have JJ to thank rather than Pedro

Back