When Rangers signed a goalie we had scored eight against - Ronnie Lowrie

Used to play National League Volleyball with Ronnie in the 80's, great guy, very competitive ! When he was a PE teacher at Trinity High School( Catholic school just down from Cambuslang ) he told me he would wear Rangers Shorts to wind them up, would also be a complete bastard in Circuit training if we lost an Old Firm game :))

Used to play National League Volleyball with Ronnie in the 80's, great guy, very competitive ! When he was a PE teacher at Trinity High School( Catholic school just down from Cambuslang ) he told me he would wear Rangers Shorts to wind them up, would also be a complete bastard in Circuit training if we lost an Old Firm game :))

Love this kind of staunchness detail :p

I was at that 8-0 game against Queens Park. Was hoping we would hit ten LOL. Parlane got a hat-trick, as did Tommy McLean. Other scorers were Ally Scott (who I think was our second highest scorer that season) and Eric Morris.

I'm sure I seen him playing junior can't remember if it was with Pollok though? I thought he was with Petershill but it's probably me getting mixed up.

I used to go to the odd Pollok game in the mid 90s and Ronnie Lowrie was their goalie. I had no idea he'd played for Rangers though!
Was also in attendance that day.
Donald Hunter was our goalie .

I have no recollection whatsoever of Donald Hunter I have to say. Looks like he only ever played a handful of matches for us, 3 I think. Bizarrely, I DO remember Ronnie Lowrie - who never played a first team game for us. Funny how your mind works sometimes.

His wife was my English teacher in the 80s. She was a looker back then, he defo did well for himself :)) .

I used to go to the odd Pollok game in the mid 90s and Ronnie Lowrie was their goalie. I had no idea he'd played for Rangers though!
I used to watch Pollok a lot then and remember big Ronnie well. Had no idea of the Rangers connection either!

Th
She was mine too, a very good teacher at Eastbank
That’s right Avengers it was Eastbank Academy she taught in. I went there 86 & she was my English teacher my first 2 years there. Was disappointed when she left lol :)) .

So he was like the social media guru Andy Firth of the 70s, I could swear that boy is part of the Rangers media team! Taking videos of Shagger, Goldson and Joe Worrall pished last year was risky!

So he was like the social media guru Andy Firth of the 70s, I could swear that boy is part of the Rangers media team! Taking videos of Shagger, Goldson and Joe Worrall pished last year was risky!
Rest assured Andy Firth wont make that mistake again.

I was at that 8-0 game against Queens Park. Was hoping we would hit ten LOL. Parlane got a hat-trick, as did Tommy McLean. Other scorers were Ally Scott (who I think was our second highest scorer that season) and Eric Morris.

I was there also. We drew Dundee in the next round at Ibrox. It was one of the first Sunday games ever, as championed by Jack Steadman who predicted a huge crowd. Over 60,000 turned up and we got royally horsed 0-3. :(

I was there also. We drew Dundee in the next round at Ibrox. It was one of the first Sunday games ever, as championed by Jack Steadman who predicted a huge crowd. Over 60,000 turned up and we got royally horsed 0-3. :(

I was at that one as well. Absolute nightmare. Huge crowd - huge letdown. As you say, it must have been the first Sunday game in Scotland I think.

Remember Ronnie playing and managing Pollok back in the day . And watching Robert Prytz at Pollok , at the tail end of his career the wee man could still entertain . :)

I have no recollection whatsoever of Donald Hunter I have to say. Looks like he only ever played a handful of matches for us, 3 I think. Bizarrely, I DO remember Ronnie Lowrie - who never played a first team game for us. Funny how your mind works sometimes.

Hunter played in goal in an embarrassing 2-3 defeat to Arbroath at Ibrox in early 70's as I recall among his few first team games for us.
Trivia 1 Celtc also had a Keeper named Hunter(Ally) at this time.
Trivia 2 Andy Bruce also a Rangers goalie left to join the Police.

Back