When someone from this team is inevitably sold it's gonnae be horrible.

He’s a first pick for the World Cup finalists, his stock is high.
Not for much longer, there is a lad in the U21s who a few Croat football accounts on twitter fully expect to be first pick at the Euros with Borna as back up.

I don’t reckon we’ll see too many folk leaving.

I don’t see many clubs bidding what we deem acceptable for our main players.

Zero stress/sadness, for me.

I can deal with it as long as we get the going rate.
If Jeremiah Pong Pong can go for £8mill then what price Kent ?

We all know it will, and needs to, happen.

Fortunately it will now happen after we have won our first title since coming back up so any "pain" from the loss of a major player will be tempered by knowing that our target was achieved.
Whoever goes will always be a Rangers legend to us, and we will always have a special place in their heart.
We say farewell and carry on. There are future heroes out there we haven't even signed yet.
Bloody hell, I am misting up here just thinking of losing one of these guys that put us back where we belong.

Buy low, sell high. That was what we all demanded years ago. Of course, sentiment and emotion comes into play along the way but ultimately the likes of Morelos, Barisic, Kamara, Aribo etc will move on. It's how we re invest the money that will be important.

I know it's inevitable and we know it's the way we must run the club to keep everything sustainable but it is gonnae sting, it actually feels like a lifetime ago since we had so many assets and we vsold one of our top players, big Jelavic is probably the last one that really springs to mind and even then he was sold for far less than I would have wanted at the the time while the shysters running the club in to the ground pocketed it.

Are you a young bear? Great players have always come & gone from the club.

The first I really remember in my lifetime was Mark Hateley. I’d not long got Hateley 10 on the back of my top as well. :rolleyes:

I was fortunate enough to be there throughout our 9 in a row and part of the secret of success is to keep renewing and letting players go. There were only 3 players who collected all 9 league winners medals!
I am convinced that one of the many reasons we did not do 10 was because we tried to hold on to Laudrup when he had already signed a pre contract agreement with Chelsea.

A great and wise man once said, "The dog barks but the caravan moves on".

In all seriousness, whoever is sold will leave with best wishes and a League Medal round their neck, job done.

Hopefully we are able to sell for the player's actual value, how we reinvest that money will be the key part of that transaction.

Certainly the clubs business model going forward will be trying to be unearth good players cheaply then selling them on for a big profit it's just the reality of Scottish football right now.

Guess it will come down to what European competition we qualify for as we are guaranteed European football until Christmas. The Champions league qualifiers are going to be difficult but if we were to qualify I could see 1 player being sold. If its Europa group stages then be 2 at least. We can't keep relying on directors loans to see us through we have to start trading like a football club should do. It will be disappointing to see this team break up but it has to be done we can't stand still have to keep adding more quality to the squad.

I think Kamara and Borna will be the most likely ones to leave. If Goldson won't sign a new contract then we have to move him on as well we can't go back to letting players run their contracts down. Then decisions need to be made with players like Barker, Jones, Edmundson, Katic etc as well.

I think what's more horrible, is wallowing about as also rans without a player in the team worth a carrot.
What really annoys me is playing financial second fiddle to no mark EPL and Championship clubs who are propped up by TV money and without it couldn't lace our boots.
And the fact they try to lord it over us even now when we are still having plenty more success than them

There are brain dead people who think we don’t have to sell anyone if we make the champions league.

Absolute fantasy stuff, we are on record that we spent to get were we are and need to start trading players.

It happens in football you must sell when you can Liverpool are the perfect example of it working and still getting success although it doesn’t always work that way.
Do you know how much we need to bring in if we do secure CL qualification?
This might determine who has to go.

Do you know how much we need to bring in if we do secure CL qualification?
This might determine who has to go.
Problem there is we can’t wait around until CL qualification has been determined before moving for players.

Sakala and Ofoborh are already signed up, but we need another couple for midfield and ideally that’s business we want to do as early as possible in order that they’re bedded in and up to speed for those qualifiers.

In order to afford them however we’re probably going to need to sell, but if no one bites for the money we want, how do we move forward?

More soft loans?

The impression emanating from the club is that that isn’t likely, so there’s a real balancing act to be performed by Gerrard and Wilson this summer.

Problem there is we can’t wait around until CL qualification has been determined before moving for players.

Sakala and Ofoborh are already signed up, but we need another couple for midfield and ideally that’s business we want to do as early as possible in order that they’re bedded in and up to speed for those qualifiers.

In order to afford them however we’re probably going to need to sell, but if no one bites for the money we want, how do we move forward?

More soft loans?

The impression emanating from the club is that that isn’t likely, so there’s a real balancing act to be performed by Gerrard and Wilson this summer.
I’m trying to find out why a poster is so adamant that players will be sold even if we make the CL.
I’ve taken from that comment that the poster knows how much we need to bring in.
I thought, hoped more like, that £20m plus* from the CL might be enough to buy us time to allow us to still run as current for this season in particular with the prize being what it is.

*Yes, I do get that attendance money is included in this number.

I've no problem with us selling anyone as they will go with my best wishes however I want us to stand our ground and get realistic money.

I see Helander quoted at 6mil, WTF a Swedish international whose played in Italy still plenty of years left in him, personally he should be 10/12 mill if he goes to the premier league.

I see Ally has said Kent should be 25 mill, we should name that price and if Leeds or anyone else want him then pay up.

The same must be done for Kamara, Goldson etc.

The fact its all gone quiet on Goldsons contract wouldn’t surprise me if he’s first out .
Everyone of our players will be missed , the will leave knowing that they are all idols for us and contributed to one of the most important titles in our history.
But the club is the most important aspect and we need to move on . We never want to go through the crap we did 10 years ago .

There are brain dead people who think we don’t have to sell anyone if we make the champions league.

Absolute fantasy stuff, we are on record that we spent to get were we are and need to start trading players.

It happens in football you must sell when you can Liverpool are the perfect example of it working and still getting success although it doesn’t always work that way.
Here's 'brain dead' John Bennet speaking just 5 months ago at the AGM. Since it's clear you don't bother really actually listening to what the club are ACTUALLY saying or you just don't have the attention span and/or intelligence to understand it, you can just skip to 3:24 to hear about the clubs current situation regarding the fourth pillar, player trading, on its own, so there's less words for you to get confused about. The crucial point here is to attempt to grasp the difference, like so many others on here, between 'NEEDING to sell immediately' and ' Selling for profit in general' moving forward, as part of a sustainable model. I know it's clearly very difficult for many on here to wrap their little heads around, so I'll say this very slowly, 'there is a diff-er-ence'. Now that last one is quite a big word. It means that the two things do NOT mean the same thing. Something the rest of the brain dead folk on here don't seem to have a problem indentifying and understanding which is perhaps why some people are saying the truth, that we don't need to sell this summer (especially with champions league money), even if there's a chance that we will. Again, there is a difference. Now, as promised here the proof with pictures to help you. Now go watch and listen very closely to the adult man speaking. He knows what he is talking about.

Right, so just incase you, or anyone else, are still not clear, let me spell that out in baby terms for you. WE DO NOT NEED TO SELL ANYONE RIGHT NOW. ¿Comprende? Capisci? or how about Irish gaelic because it sounds like you and a few others might know a few words? An dtuigeann tú? Do you understand now?

So, like any other normal club, it's part of our model to sell players on for a profit. Wow. Big fn deal. But when it's Rangers, even our own (supposed) fans turn into rhabid sounding slavering brainwashed mhutants. Spouting a pile of nonsensical twisted sh!te. Then have the audacity to attack and insult posters that correct them.

IF a bid were to come in which MET THE CLUBS VALUATION, and ONLY IF it meets their valuation, they will consider it. But even then, I'm pretty sure SG would have a say in whether he thinks he could lose the player and be able to bring in a sufficient replacement.

Like many others on here, Im sick to the back teeth of this crap being repeated ad nauseum. Dave King said we don't need to sell (slightly correcting what he said a few days earlier) and John Bennett has said the same. What more do people need/want? Or are you all just Ill phil wannabe's?

Will we sell this summer? Maybe, probably. Do we need to sell this summer? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really is that simple. And anyone not able to get that is either at it or needs to go see their doctor.

I’m trying to find out why a poster is so adamant that players will be sold even if we make the CL.
I’ve taken from that comment that the poster knows how much we need to bring in.
I thought, hoped more like, that £20m plus* from the CL might be enough to buy us time to allow us to still run as current for this season in particular with the prize being what it is.

*Yes, I do get that attendance money is included in this number.
I think we probably do need to sell regardless of CL qualification.

The deficit in the last set of accounts was about £14m, IIRC. That’s probably only gotten bigger due to the adverse effects of the pandemic, so as much as qualifying for the CL could theoretically plug that hole in one swoop, we need to fund new players moving forward and it sounds as if more soft loans to do so isn’t an option anymore ergo selling appears to be the only way we can manage that.

I think that’s sensible too.

Personally I wouldn’t have an issue if we sold both Morelos and Kamara for instance if it gave us enough money to bring in three or four quality additions.

This is how it’s supposed to work and we need to see it in action now.

I just have a feeling Kamara would be the most likely to go. He's the one who would attract the bigger clubs, like the Arsenal rumour.

Alfie up until recently would've been a cert but now he's more settled in Glasgow and unlikely to attract a club that will offer him Champions League or even any European involvement I can see him staying.

Goldson similar, not sure he'd move to anything other than bottom half premier league at a push which mightn't trump being a first team regular here.

Just as well clubs won't be splashing the cash this year as they try to recover from the pandemic cause a silly money bid for Kent was highly likely.

I think Goldson would be off if he got a half decent offer from an EPL club.

Its Football players come and go even legends have left us in the past, not sure why people are stressing over it

One important point is that evidence of us selling players on to Top-5 league clubs means we would be a more attractive destination to talented players. So even though it may not be an immediate financial imperative that we sell up it is still important that we start the conveyor belt, so to speak.

I think we probably do need to sell regardless of CL qualification.

The deficit in the last set of accounts was about £14m, IIRC. That’s probably only gotten bigger due to the adverse effects of the pandemic, so as much as qualifying for the CL could theoretically plug that hole in one swoop, we need to fund new players moving forward and it sounds as if more soft loans to do so isn’t an option anymore ergo selling appears to be the only way we can manage that.

I think that’s sensible too.

Personally I wouldn’t have an issue if we sold both Morelos and Kamara for instance if it gave us enough money to bring in three or four quality additions.

This is how it’s supposed to work and we need to see it in action now.
Indeed, we all know how this has to work.

If Alfie leaves we won’t be the same team , we will need to make some major adjustments to how we play and we will miss him badly . Money is money and I understand it’s inevitable but I’m not looking forward to that day .

As is always the case in football, when one hero leaves, another arrives, or comes through like young Nathan. Our financial model requires that we are a net seller of players. So, when a hero leaves, I won't cry, I'll say thanks very much for 55 and for helping to keep us financially sound so that spivs don't get the chance to rape us again :)

Players leaving is one thing. Gerald and the guys around him leaving would be my bigger concern when it happens. I feel he inspires the players in his team because they know he has been there, done that and got the T-shirt himself.

I would be very sad to see Alfredo leave too. Strong as a bull and a real handful. I would love to see him test himself if (and it’s a big if) we could get through the qualifiers.

If Alfie leaves we won’t be the same team , we will need to make some major adjustments to how we play and we will miss him badly . Money is money and I understand it’s inevitable but I’m not looking forward to that day .
Remember the start of the season when Alfie was in the huff for not leaving yet we were tearing teams apart? Life goes on. Alfie improved each year he was with us, other players will do the same.

I know it's inevitable and we know it's the way we must run the club to keep everything sustainable but it is gonnae sting, it actually feels like a lifetime ago since we had so many assets and we vsold one of our top players, big Jelavic is probably the last one that really springs to mind and even then he was sold for far less than I would have wanted at the the time while the shysters running the club in to the ground pocketed it.
There is no sentiment in football.

If they want to go, then they go. I'll be wanting them to fetch top dollar though.

Remember the start of the season when Alfie was in the huff for not leaving yet we were tearing teams apart? Life goes on. Alfie improved each year he was with us, other players will do the same.
No . We only started playing well when he kicked on . In fact the games he was missing we dipped badly .

No . We only started playing well when he kicked on . In fact the games he was missing we dipped badly .
Wrong. The dip in our form started mid December through to probably mid Feb. Morelos scored a total of three goals in all competitions Mid September to January. Our form dip coincided with Tav and Kent going off form, not Morelos.

At the start of the season Kent and Tav were tearing teams apart.

Wrong. The dip in our form started mid December through to probably mid Feb. Morelos scored a total of three goals in all competitions Mid September to January. Our form dip coincided with Tav and Kent going off form, not Morelos.

At the start of the season Kent and Tav were tearing teams apart.
I’m not wrong , you are .

When he was in the team , scoring or not we were playing better . We struggled when he was suspended and it stuck out a mile . There’s no debate to be had here .

I understand it needs to be done and can accept when players move on but genuinely think I’ll greet a bit when Alfie goes

When he was in the team , scoring or not we were playing better . We struggled when he was suspended and it stuck out a mile . There’s no debate to be had here .
We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

My real point is that Tav and Kent would be bigger losses than Morelos. It's muddied slightly by Roofe's injury record but it should be clear as day that Tav's delivery is miles beyond Patterson's (for now) and no-one else in the squad does what Kent can do. Wright looks the part but I would much prefer Roofe/Itten/Sakala/Another to replace Morelos than I would Wright/Another to replace Kent.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

My real point is that Tav and Kent would be bigger losses than Morelos. It's muddied slightly by Roofe's injury record but it should be clear as day that Tav's delivery is miles beyond Patterson's (for now) and no-one else in the squad does what Kent can do. Wright looks the part but I would much prefer Roofe/Itten/Sakala/Another to replace Morelos than I would Wright/Another to replace Kent.
As you say we shall agree to disagree mate . I think many will be in shock when Alfie goes how much he is missed . We just need to wait and see what happens .

As you say we shall agree to disagree mate . I think many will be in shock when Alfie goes how much he is missed . We just need to wait and see what happens .
I love Morelos mate and if you have ever been unfortunate enough to live through the match day threads you would see that I always recognise his contributions outside of goals. Let's revisit this discussion in 12 months.

Here's 'brain dead' John Bennet speaking just 5 months ago at the AGM. Since it's clear you don't bother really actually listening to what the club are ACTUALLY saying or you just don't have the attention span and/or intelligence to understand it, you can just skip to 3:24 to hear about the clubs current situation regarding the fourth pillar, player trading, on its own, so there's less words for you to get confused about. The crucial point here is to attempt to grasp the difference, like so many others on here, between 'NEEDING to sell immediately' and ' Selling for profit in general' moving forward, as part of a sustainable model. I know it's clearly very difficult for many on here to wrap their little heads around, so I'll say this very slowly, 'there is a diff-er-ence'. Now that last one is quite a big word. It means that the two things do NOT mean the same thing. Something the rest of the brain dead folk on here don't seem to have a problem indentifying and understanding which is perhaps why some people are saying the truth, that we don't need to sell this summer (especially with champions league money), even if there's a chance that we will. Again, there is a difference. Now, as promised here the proof with pictures to help you. Now go watch and listen very closely to the adult man speaking. He knows what he is talking about.

Right, so just incase you, or anyone else, are still not clear, let me spell that out in baby terms for you. WE DO NOT NEED TO SELL ANYONE RIGHT NOW. ¿Comprende? Capisci? or how about Irish gaelic because it sounds like you and a few others might know a few words? An dtuigeann tú? Do you understand now?

So, like any other normal club, it's part of our model to sell players on for a profit. Wow. Big fn deal. But when it's Rangers, even our own (supposed) fans turn into rhabid sounding slavering brainwashed mhutants. Spouting a pile of nonsensical twisted sh!te. Then have the audacity to attack and insult posters that correct them.

IF a bid were to come in which MET THE CLUBS VALUATION, and ONLY IF it meets their valuation, they will consider it. But even then, I'm pretty sure SG would have a say in whether he thinks he could lose the player and be able to bring in a sufficient replacement.

Like many others on here, Im sick to the back teeth of this crap being repeated ad nauseum. Dave King said we don't need to sell (slightly correcting what he said a few days earlier) and John Bennett has said the same. What more do people need/want? Or are you all just Ill phil wannabe's?

Will we sell this summer? Maybe, probably. Do we need to sell this summer? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really is that simple. And anyone not able to get that is either at it or needs to go see their doctor.
You sure?

Alfie never really got going until the start of the new year.

Before then he looked sluggish at best, disinterested at worst.

He may have still played his part but he was also dropped during that period because of his form yet we continued to win well without him.

In fact, our biggest victory of the season occurred with him on the bench.

Back