When St Mirren hosted Feyenoord with Cruyff

staying in renfrew a crowd of us went up to love st to see cruyff in the flesh , Gullit stole the show that night. I’ve heard he makes reference to the st mirren fans behaviour in that game in his autobiography

Last edited:
staying in renfrew a crowd of us went up to love st to see cruyff on the flesh , Gullit stole the show that night. I’ve heard he makes reference to the st mirren fans behaviour in that game in his autobiography
Positively? Or is that a daft question

Most racist abuse he ever endured. To be coupled with “%^*& off Johan” shouts during the minute’s silence.

Subbueto Stadium Scumbags.
Regarding the cruyff chants , I never realised at the time what a big deal it was with him jumping ship and playing for feyenoord , My son law is Dutch and a big Ajax fan , His dad said it was like a dagger in the heart him playing for them

Regarding the cruyff chants , I never realised at the time what a big deal it was with him jumping ship and playing for feyenoord , My son law is Dutch and a big Ajax fan , His dad said it was like a dagger in the heart him playing for them
If I remember there was a fall out with Ajax so he joined Feyenoord as a big fùck you to Ajax.

I went to the match to see Cruyff I was impressed by a certain young Rudd Guillitt he was superb that night. What a career he had.

I was at that match and couldn't believe the abuse that night. I never thought I'd ever see anything as bad as that at a Scottish ground again. How wrong I was - the depths were well and truly plumbed on the arrival at Ibrox of a certain Mark Everton Walters.

It seems
And then won the league with feyenoord.
It seems he installed an ethos in Ajax , that all coaching positions from top to bottom be filled with guys who had played football at the highest level , Preferably Ajax , They had van der sar and overmars doing a great job , But due to illness and indiscretions And more importantly a new owner , They have lost there way , I’ve always had a soft spot for Ajax , I’m sure they will sort themselves out xxx

I was working in Paisley at the time and went to the game with a few of my workmates probably 4/1 Rangers v St Mirren fans. We all wanted to see Cruyff and Gullit

Back