When the oddball Lee Griffiths wiped his snot on our corner flag

AnglianBear

I was interested to see the comparison with how Griffiths was treated by the media following his snot wiping exercise on our corner flag that had our badge on it.

Condemnation from pundits galore?

Well, the Scotsman said "Leigh Griffiths may not have tied a Celtic scarf around the goalpost at Ibrox but he made up for it by wiping a snotter on the Rangers corner flag."

Yup. "Made up for it" apparently.

What about The Sun?

No condemnation at all. Just a celebratory capital "BOGIES" in the headline with a "WATCH IT HERE NOW !" video.

Now Alife - Did he wipe his nose on a flag? Did he tie a scarf to the Hearts goal? Did he steal a policemans helmet and wear it to wind up the Hearts fans?

Nope, he simply celebrated as he ALWAYS does.

So why is Alfredo being treated differently?

There’s always been a hatred towards Alfredo, there always will be. When he leaves us every miss, red card or mistake on/off the field will be highlighted by the scum that work in the MSM here. It’s an absolute disgrace the way he’s been treated as a young immigrant who’s performed very highly and achieved a lot against the odds

Sums Scotland up when the thumb is lauded as a hero, and Morelos, football opinions aside, is abused and taunted even though he is by all means a decent human being. There have been undertones of racism when the media have written about Morelos. The media muppets could learn from Morelos, a man who gives back to the world through charity work.

Out with the Rangers social media and forums there was no mention of it at all. They worked very hard to dismiss it in fact.

Remember thinking at the time that thumb had overstepped the mark and would get hammered for that. How wrong was I ! Big joke all round apparently but, now Morelos is some kind of villain for his over celebration- you couldn’t make it up. Now we have an x player saying he is not good enough for the EPL. Who needs enemies

I was interested to see the comparison with how Griffiths was treated by the media following his snot wiping exercise on our corner flag that had our badge on it.

Well, the Scotsman said "Leigh Griffiths may not have tied a Celtic scarf around the goalpost at Ibrox but he made up for it by wiping a snotter on the Rangers corner flag."

What about The Sun?

No condemnation at all. Just a celebratory capital "BOGIES" in the headline with a "WATCH IT HERE NOW !" video.

Now Alife - Did he wipe his nose on a flag? Did he tie a scarf to the Hearts goal? Did he steal a policemans helmet and wear it to wind up the Hearts fans?

He plays for rangers .that's why he's treaded differently.

Definite prejudice. I can't speak to whether it's driven by racism or by something else. I hope not but it's disgusting all the same.

Think it’s more sinister than that tbh with you
It's because he plays for Rangers who are seen as the last bastion of Protestantism and Britishness left in Scotland.
They have finished off the Church of Scotland who are never asked for their views on any current affairs, its always a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Church says...They are also well down the road of trying to finish off the Protestant Loyal Orders, complaining about knuckledraggers on parade spewing their hatred of all things RC and anti Irish rhetoric.

You can always time the attacks with a upturn of form. Beale ‘lucky man’ Morelos celebration. Wait just wait until we beat them in this final. Another meltdown.

It's because he plays for Rangers who are seen as the last bastion of Protestantism and Britishness left in Scotland.
They have finished off the Church of Scotland who are never asked for their views on any current affairs, its always a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Church says...They are also well down the road of trying to finish off the Protestant Loyal Orders, complaining about knuckledraggers on parade spewing their hatred of all things RC and anti Irish rhetoric.
What about them and their scummy walks nothing said about them

There’s always been a hatred towards Alfredo, there always will be. When he leaves us every miss, red card or mistake on/off the field will be highlighted by the scum that work in the MSM here. It’s an absolute disgrace the way he’s been treated as a young immigrant who’s performed very highly and achieved a lot against the odds
A young man from a very poor background. Missed out on his own education to sell fruit at the side of the road to help provide for his family.
Now that he's achieving in life and has status and wealth, he uses this to provide for others so they might avoid the kind of childhood he had.

A racist, junkie paedophile waster gets a better press than him.

Civic and joyous Scotland summed up in one post.

Or when the little rhat was photographed waving a tri colour at Ibrox. This from a Scottish international who has no connections to the flag of the country he so venomously held up. If that wasn’t inciting potential racial hatred I’ve no idea what does.

Im a fairly easy going type and honestly don't wish ill on anyone

But for this guy I wish him nothing but misery ,lording it over us at a time when we had a team the equivalent of a hearts or Motherwell,really really stung and was sickening to see.

What about The Sun?

Either racism or because he is starting to look more like his old self and they're terrified of him.

McCann's comments can't really be explained other than being sucked into the mindset of those in the BBC scotland cesspit due to association. I thought he was better than that and I'm disappointed.

I say f.ck them all,not interested in their opinion unless it's an opinion on football. Got to laugh no protection for Alfie when he gets destroyed at every ground from anyone

What about The Sun?

because the scottish media are scum

curtis main is an idiot
he scored against aberdeen and ran past the sheep fans cupping his ear

why arent we reading about this

The two incidents are not even remotely similar but as has been pointed out by other posters, the level of scrutiny Alfie is getting shows up the scottish media for what they are, rangers haters.

Players around the world regularly put their fingers to their lips as a gesture to opposing fans, who have been abusing them throughout the game. It is very unusual for the press to even mention it but in scotland......

Wee Groomer Griffiths. He’s a paedo, so doesn’t surprise me that he has no class.

The police may not have brought charges about, but he was trying to get naked photos by grooming an underage girl. Nobody and nothing will convince me otherwise.

He’d still be doing it now if he didn’t get caught, the scumbag. He probably lives in fear of the day his door goes and someone is standing there demanding to check his browsing history and hard drive.

Thankfully when all is said and done, and when both have fully retired from football, Alfredo can say he’s set up a charitable foundation with the aim of better the lives of children in his home country, and he’s made millions of pounds from the game and did the right thing with it, whereas thumb will be destitute and possibly bankrupt in the next 10 years time.

All that because he was, and still is, a hateful prick.

Who’s had the better career? Thumb may have more medals, but they won’t be able to better his life. That’s the difference in the end.

Alfredo is hated because he looks like a wee miserable so and so, but he’s our miserable wee so and so and he loves being one too. And a he’s got class in spades behind it all.

Wee Groomer Griffiths. He’s a paedo, so doesn’t surprise me that he has no class.

The police may not have brought charges about, but he was trying to get naked photos by grooming an underage girl. Nobody and nothing will convince me otherwise.

He’d still be doing it now if he didn’t get caught, the scumbag. He probably lives in fear of the day his door goes and someone is standing there demanding to check his browsing history and hard drive.
The sooner the better.

What about The Sun?

I asked earlier about Goldson’s celebration directly in front of the Hearts support and a helluva lot closer.
Not a word said.
Absolute proof that Morelos is treated differently.

If he played for any other team they would call it racism and the perpetrators would be ostracised. But unfortunately we as a support will not throw dirt.

He's not an oddball.

He is a despicable hate filled child grooming, bigoted low life bastard.

That should've been put in jail.

Only in Scotland...............

Most players you could probably ignore in the street, I've even ignored Lennon on a few occasions up the West End...although a few bears have kicked him up and down the street. Griffiths is very different, I would be having serious issues withbthat scumbag if our paths ever crossed.

Im a fairly easy going type and honestly don't wish ill on anyone

But for this guy I wish him nothing but misery ,lording it over us at a time when we had a team the equivalent of a hearts or Motherwell,really really stung and was sickening to see.
Your wish is being granted. Every. Single. Day.

Back