When was the game as sung in the trip to Ibrox song . 3-1 to the Rangers was the final score

I may be wrong but I believe it was written as poem first time I recall it was old guy from belfast used to recite it to me in the colpland road hotel says it was written in Lagan village in belfast don’t know if this is fact or not

I prefer the one after the 3-2 victory 1973 Scottish cup final " The first one was scored by Parlane , the second by Alfie Conn , the third was scored by Tom Forsyth...you know the rest...:)

I prefer the one after the 3-2 victory 1973 Scottish cup final " The first one was scored by Parlane , the second by Alfie Conn , the third was scored by Tom Forsyth...you know the rest...:)
A classic. The animals sang the Soldiers Song and The People sang Dolly's Brae.

Still can’t get my head round us having had so many brilliant new year old firm wins, but we sing a sing about one that didn’t happen.
I preferred the version by Gadger Lynch, which was about a real game. The 1978 new year game, which ended as a 3-1 victory to Rangers with goals from Smith, Greig and Parlane and Edvaldsson scoring for them.

Rangers fans they wanted four, 3-1 was the final score; Celtic bye bye

I preferred the version by Gadger Lynch, which was about a real game. The 1978 new year game, which ended as a 3-1 victory to Rangers with goals from Smith, Greig and Parlane and Edvaldsson scoring for them.

Rangers fans they wanted four, 3-1 was the final score; Celtic bye bye
I'd heard another version don't know if it was fiction either but went something like 3 nothing for the champions that was the final score, the 1st one was scored by Baxter the 2nd by Ralphie Brand the 3rd by Jimmy Miller the best centre in the land !

Think it was ‘big John thought that he was dreaming, when big Tam Forsyth knocked number 3 in, The Rangers end wanted 4. 3-2 was the final score, Celtic bye bye’

Back