When we won 55

There were a few stand outs.

Goldson, Tav, Davis, Kent, McGregor had excellent seasons.

Morelos, Aribo, Roofe, Hagi, Jack, Helander, Balogun and Kamara had very good seasons.

Goldson POTY for me.

Last edited:
Goldson or Kent for me. I remember thinking that Kent had added 12-15 goals per season to his game. He was the complete modern wide man…:)):eek:

The whole team as a collective played outrageous that season but probably Tavernier edges it for me popped up with some important assists and goals as per.

Goldson

The two wing backs, Tavernier and Barisic were outstanding. It felt every week that Barisic was assisting Tav.

McGregor for me.
Saves in the new year OF, where the Tims had the best of the chances.
Lose that game and potentially it all swings.

We won a number of games 1-0/2-0, there was always a big save required.

Tav, Goldson and Davis the other standouts IIRC.

I’m looking forward to Goldson being replaced. But the fact is he was probably the best and most consistent player for us that season, credit where it’s due.

I’m not sure it’s guaranteed he’ll be replaced in the summer. He’s got a contract until 2026.

Davis for me to answer the OP.

There were a few stand outs.

Goldson, Tav, Davis, Kent, McGregor had excellent seasons.

Morelos, Aribo, Roofe, Hagi, Jack, Helander, Balogun and Kamara had very good seasons.

Goldson POTY for me was think.
McGregor saves v Celtic at Ibrox when Aribo scored the winner were class

Roofe - 18 goals (all competitions)
Hagi - 13 assists + 8 goals (all competitions)
Kent - 13 goals + 11 assists (all competitions)
Tav - 19 goals + 10 assists (all competitions)
Davis - (started 29 league matches)
Goldson (started all 38 league games)
Barisic (started 33 league match, 6 assists)
McGregor - 17 clean sheets (started 27)

It’s extremely difficult to choose one player from that season as almost everyone contributed.

3 of the back 4 were immense that season, Goldson, Tav and McGregor. That's not to say Borna wasn't good, he was but, the other 3 were outstanding. If I had to choose, it'd be Goldson for me.
Wee mention for Kent and Steve Davis who were both excellent that season too.

There were a few big contributers, but it was a collective effort that had been building since the minute Gerrard walked through the door.

We were never going to be denied and I had that feeling quite early tbh.

The manky mob dressed it up as something else of course, our effort to deny them ten, but that was bullshit .

The hunger and desire to put Rangers back on top came from the top down. Very reminiscent in fact of what we're seeing now.

There were a few big contributers, but it was a collective effort that had been building since the minute Gerrard walked through the door.

We were never going to be denied and I had that feeling quite early tbh.

The manky mob dressed it up as something else of course, our effort to deny them ten, but that was bullshit .

The hunger and desire to put Rangers back on top came from the top down. Very reminiscent in fact of what we're seeing now.
Great assessment. That team was destined to peak in year 3 with the evolution it went through. It just happened to coincide with them being a team on the wane and trying to get 10 in a row.

Goldson was fantastic that season, McGregor was crucial as well. Full team deserve credit though.

Surprised not more shouts for Hagi. He had a season where he just found a ridiculous amount of important goals or assists - felt like everytime he was involved in a goal it was a super important one.

Davis as the metronome was never replaced sadly and had an absolute Indian summer that year.

But Goldson was the POTY by some distance I think. Also worth pointing out it was a season he had Hellander alongside him for most of the year.

Steven Davis that year.

But best player as in would go on and get even better we all thought it would be Ryan Kent.

When we won 55 who do you reckon was our best player

Kent for me
Am I going mad or were there not only 4 players in the running - McGregor, Tav, Goldson and Davis?

Absolutely everyone thought one of those was POTY, and they all won POTY awards from various bodies and RSCs

It certainly wasn't Kent!!

Kent, Roofe, Davis were immense.

I do have good memories of Arfield that season. Maybe bias but I always loved Scotty playing for us.

Difficult to single out as a league title requires a lot of key contributors

However for me the key game that set us on the path to glory and set the scum onto a path of ruin was the 2-0 win at the cesspit and Goldson scored 2

Throw in a clean sheet record and il give it to Goldson

He still is our best centre half too, goodness knows where we would have been without him

If we sell any centre half it should be Davies. Surely it makes more sense to sell your 4th best centre half rather than your best

Kent Roofe & McGregor

Kent got us off to a flyer at Pittodrie and we never looked back, he was dazzling that season and nobody could live with him.

Not an outstanding player but everyone played to a high level.
Without the crowds we got a fair performance from the officials.
If pushed I would go for Tavernier as the best player.

Probably Goldson for me.

If ever a performance and picture set the tone for the rest of the season, this game was it.

0_Celtic-v-Rangers-Scottish-Premiership-Celtic-Park.jpg

A small mention for Ced the Ted that year with his goals against Motherwell to keep the unbeaten run going, Goldson was the stand out that year for me.

Funny how many people have said Kent - yet in every thread about him since, people single out one season in particular from him and it’s never this one :D

Davis for me, we've still not replaced him in the team/squad. Not just the old head, but the composure to take the ball and calm things down when its a bit hectic, knowing where to be at important times to cover players or for the second ball. Back post clearances and over head kick goals also welcome.

Truth be told we had a few players who it could've been. You don't go undefeated if that's not the case

Back