When were we last undefeated at this stage in the season?

crmpicco

I started following in September 1993 and I’m struggling to remember when we were last undefeated at this stage in the season.

Would it have been the preceding 5IAR season?

it’s a excellent achievement and sometimes you have to reflect how good that is at this stage of the season

92/93? The season we were cheated out of Champion's League final spot.

Edit: just checked we lost to Dundee in the August then went unbeaten until the end of March.

I remember that game, it had got cancelled the week or so before on the Saturday due to a frozen pitch literally 2 hours before kick off. We were shite that night Boydie just looked like he wasn't interested.

I remember that game, it had got cancelled the week or so before on the Saturday due to a frozen pitch literally 2 hours before kick off. We were shite that night Boydie just looked like he wasn't interested.

We were in the St Johnstone supporters club when it was called off. IIRC the whole pitch was fine apart from one of the six yard boxes.

92/93? The season we were cheated out of Champion's League final spot.

Edit: just checked we lost to Dundee in the August then went unbeaten until the end of March.
Forty five games in all competitions including ten in Europe, if I recall.

Disclaimer (might’ve been forty-four, losing the forty-fifth)

N
Did the scum not still have to win their last game, away to Dunfermline who’d just won the Scottish Cup, if we’d beat the sheep?
No, goal average was such that Dunfermiline needed to win by 22 goals or thereabouts.

P.S. Misread your post, yes had we beaten Aberdeen they needed a win.

The closest we've come this century is 02-03 when we lost our 22nd game 1-0 away to Motherwell.

As others have mentioned, the factual answer to the question is 1967/68 season. We went undefeated in 33 and lost on the final day (34 game season back then) and didn't win the league. W28 D5 L1.

In 1928/29 we went 30 unbeaten before losing to Hamilton.

Last edited:
Back