When yer Sister goes through old pics and finds a belter

The book (“A Captain’s Part”) was published in January 1968.

Photograph must be within a few months of that date.

I'd be about the same age as that young lad then and also had the book.
In these softer days, Big John would be lucky to last 10 minutes without getting sent off!

Are you sure? :oops:
Positive.

Not one photograph exists of it saying 'AYE READY'

People will swear blind that they saw it, but not one of them can back that claim up.

All 3 plaques, one at either end of the Main Stand, and one on top of the old Pressbox have only ever said 'READY'

Upload it to https://www.reddit.com/r/estoration/ and see if someone will clean it up or even colourise it https://www.reddit.com/r/colorizationrequests

Might cost you a couple of quid in a tip, but it'll be worth it.
It’s great to see so many giving up their time so freely on that page but it wouldn’t be me.

I do photo repair and colourisation and I always charge for my time , I don’t know why anyone who is artistic don’t value their time the same as a joiner, plumber, factory worker, shop assistant or anyone who gets paid for their labours.

I’ll really need to keep an eye on reddit to see these folks give up their time so freely when I need a fence built or my central heating fixed LOL

Yep, he was “ the big yank”, am fellow Ibrox primary ( Bellahouston Infants initially ) and pupil of said yank, left to go to the “big school” in 67.
Did you do the pen pal stuff with him? Must have been there same time Cahoochie.

Positive.

Not one photograph exists of it saying 'AYE READY'

People will swear blind that they saw it, but not one of them can back that claim up.

All 3 plaques, one at either end of the Main Stand, and one on top of the old Pressbox have only ever said 'READY'
I agree.
There have been so many threads on it, I was being facetious.
Apologies.

It’s great to see so many giving up their time so freely on that page but it wouldn’t be me.

I do photo repair and colourisation and I always charge for my time , I don’t know why anyone who is artistic don’t value their time the same as a joiner, plumber, factory worker, shop assistant or anyone who gets paid for their labours.

I’ll really need to keep an eye on reddit to see these folks give up their time so freely when I need a fence built or my central heating fixed LOL
WTF?
We're bluenoses. Stick your colourisation up your jacksie.

Did you do the pen pal stuff with him? Must have been there same time Cahoochie.
Naw, I always intended to try to get in touch with him, he did make a bit of an impact on my learning, but hey, life gets in the way. We must share some “tales of the dinner school”!

Naw, I always intended to try to get in touch with him, he did make a bit of an impact on my learning, but hey, life gets in the way. We must share some “tales of the dinner school”!
Caramel cake and lumpy custard. Strangely I always remember fish on Friday or a mince pie I think.

Back