When you go to war, you take your soldiers !

We lack grit and determination in these battles. But also need leaders to put their foot on the ball and play. We didn't have either tonight

Leaders? We may have "leaders" but we need fighters. We need horrible bastards. We need to get players who are hard bastards who won't take no shit and throw themselves into everything. We need players who will grasp the nettle. There's nobody in the current team who is like that other than Greegsy. That is a sad indictment.

Agree to a point but the biggest problem is the complete lack of creativity and goals in this side.

Frankly when Morelos isn’t at the races we struggle badly to create much.

We’ve become obsessed with stockpiling wingers, defenders and midfielders while completely ignoring that strikers score goals that win you games.

Sadiq, Lafferty, Kamberi , Stewart really aren’t or weren’t good enough signings and Defoe will be 38 next season.

Leaders? We may have "leaders" but we need fighters. We need horrible bastards. We need to get players who are hard bastards who won't take no shit and throw themselves into everything. We need players who will grasp the nettle. There's nobody in the current team who is like that other than Greegsy. That is a sad indictment.

Sorry, mate, but do you really believe that refs would allow hard bastards in a Rangers team ? Guaranteed red cards every other week.

Murphy and Docherty get a chance and seem to be taking it. Why didnt they get a real chance at Rangers. We kept Jones and would have been ideal tonight on that pitch and also Kent has been poor last few weeks ...not given a chance. No point having favourites its a team / squad game...fu(kin use them.
Where was Kamara? Why no Davis? 2 guys that could have rolled their sleeves up

I t
Agree to a point but the biggest problem is the complete lack of creativity and goals in this side.

We’ve become obsessed with stockpiling wingers, defenders and midfielders while completely ignoring that strikers score goals that win you games.

Sadiq, Lafferty, Kamberi , Stewart really aren’t or weren’t good enough signings and Defoe will be 38 next season.
I think the OP has a point to be fair. The 2 he mentioned wouldn’t have lost as many second balls as our midfield did tonight.

Regarding your point on wingers and midfielders, look at the tims. Look how many goals they get from Forrest, Christie, Ntcham and McGregor. That’s where we fail. If Tav and Alfie aren’t at it we don’t get enough goals from Kent, Aribo, Jack or Kamara. Morelos has been banging them in and we’re 10 points behind.

Leaders and warriors?
Our clubs manager told every fan that the ball striking and rolling down an opponents arm, when raised above his head, isn't a handball.
We don't even have a leader or a warrior in the dugout how do you expect us to have one on the park.
Won't even touch on the lack of Jones or Stewart tonight, or other nights when Ojo the saviour has been selected.
You want a warrior on the park? Given our stance on referees being able to cheat on live tv our battlers would be off within 5minutes.

Leaders and warriors?
Our clubs manager told every fan that the ball striking and rolling down an opponents arm, when raised above his head, isn't a handball.
We don't even have a leader or a warrior in the dugout how do you expect us to have one on the park.
Won't even touch on the lack of Jones or Stewart tonight, or other nights when Ojo the saviour has been selected.
You want a warrior on the park? Given our stance on referees being able to cheat on live tv our battlers would be off within 5minutes.
Are you seriously saying Gerrard isn't a leader. I wish some of our players had half of his leadership qualities.

Are you seriously saying Gerrard isn't a leader. I wish some of our players had half of his leadership qualities.
He stands on the touchline and watches his team be overrun without making a change. That's not leadership as a manager. We clearly needed Davis and Stewart on at 55-60minutes. He refuses to change his tactics. He refuses to drop his favourites. He refuses to learn.

I’m not suggesting for a minute that Stephen Gerrard should no longer be our manager , but he’s gonna have to learn how to get ALL the jobs done , even the shittiest jobs , we’ve lost 2 games from winning positions & drew with the sheep when we were so far in front if we gave them a goal for stringing 3 passes together in our half , you still couldn’t see a way back for them .

Fix this & I honestly believe there is the nucleus of a title winning team there .

It’s a fair point. Technically, Docherty and McCrorie are way down the pecking order, but their determination and grit is worth something in this league, regrettably.

He picks the players, so it's his responsibility. I get the impression that there is a hint of snobbery towards the likes of Mcrorie and Docherty. We are a soft touch.

Horses for courses McCrorie , Docherty ,

When lesser ability teams , ie the sheep , hearts , killie can out effort you , you need to roll your fuukin sleeves up & fight harder .

We beat septic . It seems like a distant memory
beating celtic was a waste of time, no point of turning up against them and struggling against killie and the likes.

Interesting post. For whatever reason, perhaps it's due to Morelos' period out of the team, we have stopped playing with the same movement up front; that includes as much of what we do off the ball as on it. It was our movement that was lethal, because opportunities opened up for the whole front three and those from the middle. We need to rediscover those aspects of our game that made us the best time in this league for a period.

Sorry, mate, but do you really believe that refs would allow hard bastards in a Rangers team ? Guaranteed red cards every other week.

Mate. I want players who are hard. Not wee mincers getting pushed off a ball, out tackled and mentally weak. Too busy thinking about their next haircut or Instagram post. I agree that the refs will hammer them probably.

beating celtic was a waste of time, no point of turning up against them and struggling against killie and the likes.
Yup, my feelings precisely. It drives me up the wall when all the other shitey wee diddy teams in the league do it to us, but actually all we have done is the same to the Bheggars.

Yup, my feelings precisely. It drives me up the wall when all the other shitey wee diddy teams in the league do it to us, but actually all we have done is the same to the Bheggars.
it’s never over until it’s over but this there form, If they don’t sort out what ever the issue is we are going to slip up or draw again very soon. there’s an issue behind the scenes somewhere.

Goldson not good enough Tav not good enough, Kent not good enough, Arfield not good enough, Katic raw and young, Kamara not good enough, Aribo not good enough, Morelos isn’t as good as we maybe thought.....raw still and certainly can’t go past a man like the mhank main man.

the only leader and battle proven player is our Keeper.....the rest just aren’t worthy of a League title.......it’s that simple.
As for Gerrard he’s a Rookie manager and Big Name certainly but still a Rookie Manager.....who hasn’t yet proven he has got what it takes or even near it as yet!

forget stopping 10 in a row....11 and 12 is the worry....unless we get some real funds in to change us dramatically

Interesting post. For whatever reason, perhaps it's due to Morelos' period out of the team, we have stopped playing with the same movement up front; that includes as much of what we do off the ball as on it. It was our movement that was lethal, because opportunities opened up for the whole front three and those from the middle. We need to rediscover those aspects of our game that made us the best time in this league for a period.
Totally agree. I can't fathom why we have suffered such a spectacular loss of form, but the appetite and enthusiasm of the players, which was abundantly clear prior to Christmas, especially in our movement off the ball, has completely disappeared. Can't work out which is to blame mind you.

We have some very talented players in our team, but very few battlers. It’s a sad state of affairs that we require that, but we do, and we need them and their mentality. We are far too easily bullied. The fhilth have a core of them that understand what’s required and when. Win at all cost.

it’s never over until it’s over but this there form, If they don’t sort out what ever the issue is we are going to slip up or draw again very soon. there’s an issue behind the scenes somewhere.
Whatever it is, it needs sorting. The appetite and 'spark' has completely disappeared since the Winter break.

Totally agree. I can't fathom why we have suffered such a spectacular loss of form, but the appetite and enthusiasm of the players, which was abundantly clear prior to Christmas, especially in our movement off the ball, has completely disappeared. Can't work out which is to blame mind you.
I personally think the loss of three/four crucial players over the period, sometimes all at once, has affected our momentum; Jack and Tavernier back will hopefully get is back to our best. The Hearts defeat put the pressure on us as well, and we haven't been dealing with that as well as we should be. I'm convinced it was our movement in the final third that was the strongest aspect of our game before the break, and the sooner we rediscover that the better.

I don’t think it’s hard bastards that will go around kicking people... it’s hard bastards like John Brown who intimidated opponents and teammates alike.

There’s a cracking interview with Graeme Souness talking about how he had leaders in his Rangers team and it made his job that bit easier - he says that if someone wasn’t pulling their weight on the park, Bomber wanted to fight them.
That is something that we are missing.

The longer time moves on from their winner and seeing the reaction of the Rangers players, the angrier I get. Only at that point did the players show any recognition that they were in a game.
That attitude is no good if you are hoping to win a title.

I don’t think it’s hard bastards that will go around kicking people... it’s hard bastards like John Brown who intimidated opponents and teammates alike.

There’s a cracking interview with Graeme Souness talking about how he had leaders in his Rangers team and it made his job that bit easier - he says that if someone wasn’t pulling their weight on the park, Bomber wanted to fight them.
That is something that we are missing.

The longer time moves on from their winner and seeing the reaction of the Rangers players, the angrier I get. Only at that point did the players show any recognition that they were in a game.
That attitude is no good if you are hoping to win a title.

Our players aren't allowed to show aggression by refs, mate. The ludicrous amount of red cards racked up by Ryan Jack proved that beyond doubt.

everyone blaims the ref or the pitch that’s the good old favourites. you see there results it at least 3 something. i know it’s not right how the refs and the sfa are treating us but if ur up 2/3 nil and u get a bad decision it’s not so hard.

Gerrard was a leader on the field as he also had the ability to back it up.

Can you say the same about him as a manager?

He cant lace up the boots, he needs to lead via the tactics board.

Domestically he is failing. Is that the sort of leader you want to keep following?

Maybe Gerrard the player and Gerrard the manager will be one and the same one day.

But let's not pretend it is currently.

The problem is the lack of goals throughout the team. The only high scorers are Morelos and Defoe and they usually don’t play together. With Morelos in poor form (looks out of sorts) and Defoe injured, we are really struggling.

I’m sure it said on telly that we’ve scored 100 goals this season , that doesn’t sound like a lack of creativity to me ( if true )

IMO we need a wee bit of good old fashioned bottle about the place , just now & again , I’d have had Docherty on the bench every week , he seems to have filled the Mcginn role at hibs . Would John Mcginn get in our team ? 100% he would , not because he’s better than our midfielders , or because they’re bad players , we’ve got 4 cracking midfielders & Aribo could probably eventually be on their level , but 4 players for 3 spaces was always gonna be tight .

I’m sure it said on telly that we’ve scored 100 goals this season , that doesn’t sound like a lack of creativity to me ( if true )

IMO we need a wee bit of good old fashioned bottle about the place , just now & again , I’d have had Docherty on the bench every week , he seems to have filled the Mcginn role at hibs . Would John Mcginn get in our team ? 100% he would , not because he’s better than our midfielders , or because they’re bad players , we’ve got 4 cracking midfielders & Aribo could probably eventually be on their level , but 4 players for 3 spaces was always gonna be tight .

Docherty had better stats in a struggling Hamilton team than McGinn had in a better Hivs team. He has not been given a proper chance. It's not all about the ability of players it's about building a team that gets the job done. Walter Smith won leagues with Kirk Broadfoot at right back, Greg Wylde on the left wing and Lee McCulloch in midfield.

Leaders and warriors?

We don’t have a leader in the dugout...?

Incredible.

He stands on the touchline and watches his team be overrun without making a change. That's not leadership as a manager. We clearly needed Davis and Stewart on at 55-60minutes. He refuses to change his tactics. He refuses to drop his favourites. He refuses to learn.
I have a degree of sympathy for this. Killie were fired up in the 2nd half and the players we had were not up to the physicality. this is why we need guys like McCrorie and Docherty, guys who won't shirk a tackle and will come out of one with the ball. Players like Ojo Jones and Barker are not up to that sort of pressure

Look at the way Hearts and Kilmarnock fought for every ball against us then look at how they rolled over against the papes. The officials do all they could to hinder us and give the wee teams chance after chance to slow the game down and foul our players without even a word to them.

The other teams and the SFA hate us, it's as simple as that so, we have to box cleverly against them, not get drawn in by something they did or give the officials any excuse to wind our players up so that they have an excuse to penalise us.

I have a degree of sympathy for this. Killie were fired up in the 2nd half and the players we had were not up to the physicality. this is why we need guys like McCrorie and Docherty, guys who won't shirk a tackle and will come out of one with the ball. Players like Ojo Jones and Barker are not up to that sort of pressure
I don't feel sympathy, ultimately he is the one that let the likes of Docherty and McCrorie go out on loan whilst Ojo is seen as some sort of saviour. If he doesn't know we need battlers in certain games after 18 months then there are serious flaws in his professional development.

Murty started playing McCrorie in midfield in December 2017 and our form was fantastic, including a 0-0 draw at the Knew Camp. As soon as he was out the team we were getting beat again. He was a warrior in the 1-0 win in December 2018 as well.

He's obviously not as technical as others but he brings something none of the current midfielders can. He should be here and playing tricky away ties like Tynecastle or Pittodrie where it's more of a fight than a game of football or in Europe where we're heavy underdogs and need to do a Walter.

Goldson not good enough Tav not good enough, Kent not good enough, Arfield not good enough, Katic raw and young, Kamara not good enough, Aribo not good enough, Morelos isn’t as good as we maybe thought.....raw still and certainly can’t go past a man like the mhank main man.

the only leader and battle proven player is our Keeper.....the rest just aren’t worthy of a League title.......it’s that simple.
As for Gerrard he’s a Rookie manager and Big Name certainly but still a Rookie Manager.....who hasn’t yet proven he has got what it takes or even near it as yet!

forget stopping 10 in a row....11 and 12 is the worry....unless we get some real funds in to change us dramatically
This up there with one of the worst posts I’ve seen on here. Where do you start with Goldson and Tav not good enough?

I’m not suggesting for a minute that Stephen Gerrard should no longer be our manager , but he’s gonna have to learn how to get ALL the jobs done , even the shittiest jobs , we’ve lost 2 games from winning positions & drew with the sheep when we were so far in front if we gave them a goal for stringing 3 passes together in our half , you still couldn’t see a way back for them .

Fix this & I honestly believe there is the nucleus of a title winning team there .
He needs Walter to have an honest conversation with him. And I’m deadly serious, not being flippant.

100% mate , it affects our options I'm convinced , posters were wanting a big old fashioned centre forward to give us another option .Players like Cosgrove , the boy at Livingston as well and its a very valid point but after seeing what happens with us if these players played in a blue jersey they would not last to half time . Cosgrove especially throws himself at our players and gets away with it for 90 mins do posters really think he would be allowed to play that way for us ,No .

Brutal assessment mate but when you look at what has happened after the winter break 2 seasons on the trot, when we have been in a strong position and the pressure and expectation increases, we fold, then the only rational explanation is that the aforementioned soldiers are not the warriors we need to get us to 55.

Man Utd pre cantona weren’t good enough , after signing him it turns out they are/were good enough

Sometimes one piece of the jigsaw is all you need .

Repeat I think we’ve got everything we need , apart from some never say die , coal face merchants for now & again , just for when needed .

I don't feel sympathy, ultimately he is the one that let the likes of Docherty and McCrorie go out on loan whilst Ojo is seen as some sort of saviour. If he doesn't know we need battlers in certain games after 18 months then there are serious flaws in his professional development.
If you read the post with which I sympathised you'd understand mine !!

Murphy and Docherty get a chance and seem to be taking it. Why didnt they get a real chance at Rangers. We kept Jones and would have been ideal tonight on that pitch and also Kent has been poor last few weeks ...not given a chance. No point having favourites its a team / squad game...fu(kin use them.
Where was Kamara? Why no Davis? 2 guys that could have rolled their sleeves up
You surely aren’t advocating dropping Kent after Wednesday night, are you?

Latest posts

Back