Where are club1872 in all this?

JD1872

should they not be asking questions of the board and raising concerns regarding the lack of progress with appointing a manager while keeping the fans updated

Their purpose is to hold the club and board members accountable, are they just going to wait and see what happens at the AGM?

My last glimmer of hope is dying for club1872, they are nowhere near active enough or vocal enough for the amount of shares and members we have!

Really close to cancelling!

Those members thinking of cancelling - have you sent them an email with questions you'd like answered like they requested?

Not a go, just asking.

Given club 1872 were statement happy not so long ago, it's surprising that they remain silent when we lurch from one crisis to another.

The fans are clearly unhappy and their silence is worrying.

Those members thinking of cancelling - have you sent them an email with questions you'd like answered like they requested?

Not a go, just asking.

I don't have any questions, I just haven't seen any value from them being the second biggest shareholder. As someone already said it seems more about how many shares these days and when I joined (through the RST) it was for me about helping the club get back to where it belonged and making sure what happened could never happen again.

They've been asking members for questions to be raised at the AGM for the last week. If you have concerns about the board and want Club 1872 to voice your concerns, contact them and let them know. That's one of the remit of the group.

I don't have any questions, I just haven't seen any value from them being the second biggest shareholder. As someone already said it seems more about how many shares these days and when I joined (through the RST) it was for me about helping the club get back to where it belonged and making sure what happened could never happen again.

All fair points mate.

I think the AGM will be their make or break moment.

Given club 1872 were statement happy not so long ago, it's surprising that they remain silent when we lurch from one crisis to another.

The fans are clearly unhappy and their silence is worrying.

The thing is though.... c1872 don’t represent the fans. They represent the members (which I think amount to 7,000 people).

There was a quote on a threat yesterday which confirms c1872’s “manifesto” but it’s pretty much as I just described.

I suspect certain members know whats going on,hence no statements. The agm will be interesting.

Do you think there would be value if Club 1872 had board representation?

If so, then you should be letting them know that. If enough people have that view within the membership, then they can make that a key priority.

Not a go, just asking.
I sent in a question.
The problem if there is one is nowhere as far as I can see is a mission statement about what they stand for.

Awaiting instruction from the board on how to calm the plebs down .

Nah, given the people involved at Club 1872, I'm sure they have questions like every Rangers fan regarding the future direction of the club. I'm sure they're collating questions from members in order to ask questions at the AGM as well.

We really are a pathetic support at times as we are always looking for someone to blame.Chris Graham was getting tight on Twitter last night amongst all the other prominent bears in our support.
Now Club 1872 are getting in the neck.

It's what happens naturally when all around is silence. Not saying it;s right or wrong but when the fans are up in arms and the fans 'voice' is silent then people have gaps to fill.

PS: dont agree with individuals being targeted although i have NO idea what was said.

My issues are twofold:

1. Since merger RST has vanished. The campaigning, aggressive PR, and cynicism is gone. It's now just a share issue vehicle.
2. Not aggressive enough demanding meaningful place on board. Our shareholding justifies real power and real influence.

We really are a pathetic support at times as we are always looking for someone to blame.Chris Graham was getting tight on Twitter last night amongst all the other prominent bears in our support.

The most active moaners on here never stood for election to C1872. They are destructive people by nature who don't want to work hard in an organisation or commit their time. They love to tell everyone how it should be done but do eff all themselves.
They are pathetic

Very vocal before, not a peep now. That is why.
The core support who go to games are pissed of and see no direction from our board or our fans groups.

Club 1872 are the club sponsored fans group. That in itself creates a problem but it should also present an opportunity.

I’d like to see Club 1872 come up with some initiatives to raise real funds for the playing squad. If the fans want a better product on the pitch and to be winning trophies then we’re going to have to pay for it. Hoping for some sugar daddy or fantasy talk of “investment” is doing nobody any good.

Club 1872 sent me an email asking me to put forward a few questions to be put to the board at the AGM, of course people have different views and priorities but I hope at least a couple of my questions will be popular enough among fellow members who've asked the same question to merit being discussed at the meeting on Thursday.

OP are you a member of club1872.if not why not.if so you can contact them with your members number and they will get back to you in a couple of days

we did have the chance to put forward questions to them over a week ago and in five days we all will know the answers members or not.

What do you realistically think the guys ac C1872 can do? Issue a statement ?

A post last night summed it up:

If we performed like this under previous boards then there would be calls for protests / boycotts and the board being torn apart from SoS / Club1872 etc - but this board seems to be beyond reproach.

Hard to argue with that to be honest.

When I dropped down from a 10er to a 5er a month they never even asked why.

It was like they know they are failing us good rangers men

My issues are twofold:

1. Since merger RST has vanished. The campaigning, aggressive PR, and cynicism is gone. It's now just a share issue vehicle.
2. Not aggressive enough demanding meaningful place on board. Our shareholding justifies real power and real influence.

Agreed. I would have liked to have heard something from them from now.

Also leads on to - if place on the board is achieved, then what will comms be like then?

Club 1872 are the club sponsored fans group. That in itself creates a problem but it should also present an opportunity.

I’d like to see Club 1872 come up with some initiatives to raise real funds for the playing squad. If the fans want a better product on the pitch and to be winning trophies then we’re going to have to pay for it. Hoping for some sugar daddy or fantasy talk of “investment” is doing nobody any good.

It strikes me our club and support are determined to overcome everything that's in front of us by doing things the hard way, it's going over old ground I know but how many fans went to Dundee and everywhere else and at what cost? Our supporters are magnificent and have nothing to prove but at a time when cash has never been more important to the club and the task never as difficult because of the situation we've been put in yet fortunes are being spent traveling all over the place and filling the coffers of other club's and some of that money could be better spent in our own club or kept in Rangers fans pockets because the traveling support isn't making a blind bit of difference to the level of player currently in the famous blue jersey, the club shouldn't be taking an allocation for anywhere and asking fans that any spare cash is used to aid our recovery which personally I think is going to take years to get back to anything like what Rangers should be.

I sent in a question.
The problem if there is one is nowhere as far as I can see is a mission statement about what they stand for.

I couldnt see this either. Every time their mentioned, someone comes along with "not their remit" so I'm not really sure what is.

Without a doubt Club 1872 are too close to the current board. That is unsderstandable considering we all needed to work together to get rid of the spivs.

No one is questioning the commitment of this board, with millions in for little reward, they get plenty of flak even with most of them working for free. No one else came to our rescue. Not one millionaire/billionaire. The Murray era players were all conspicuous by their absence. King and the three bears stepped up and then some and cut out the evil behind the scenes. I can't thank them or Club 1872 (and previous guises,) enough.

Football wise however. This can't go on. It's like treading water when McDowall was in charge.

On Saturday my son jumped up when Hamilton scored and said he couldn't watch the rest of the game. Like thousands of others we early. A walk for miles in the cold to the car, sat in traffic for ages going over and over how bad the 2nd half was. A team with millions spent on it looking clueless. A win would have taken us second which made it even worse.

Last night my son, brother, a mate and me watching that shite through our fingers. All die hard bears. Not really supporting any more. Just swearing at the imposters on the park. Not good. A tipping point. Hanging on against the bottom team in the league and looking powderpuff and clueless. Knowing that for two seasons in a row due to poor boardroom decisions we are gifting the supposed invincibles league titles without laying a glove on them. This season we have chucked it in October ffs. We were actually struck dumb when windass scored we were so inept. Fair play to the bears who travelled to that pish.

I accept we no right to win anything. We are not moaning glory hunters. We have been through plenty lately. We are getting seriously short changed by this delay.

What I as a paying member of Club 1872 and with 4 season ticket payments to come out the bank before Christmas would like to know is fairly obvious.

Why the %^*& haven't we appointed the new manager?

I'm awaiting to see how they perform at the AGM on whether they give Robertson an easy ride or go after him for being the imposter he clearly is.

It strikes me our club and support are determined to overcome everything that's in front of us by doing things the hard way, it's going over old ground I know but how many fans went to Dundee and everywhere else and at what cost? Our supporters are magnificent and have nothing to prove but at a time when cash has never been more important to the club and the task never as difficult because of the situation we've been put in yet fortunes are being spent traveling all over the place and filling the coffers of other club's and some of that money could be better spent in our own club or kept in Rangers fans pockets because the traveling support isn't making a blind bit of difference to the level of player currently in the famous blue jersey, the club shouldn't be taking an allocation for anywhere and asking fans that any spare cash is used to aid our recovery which personally I think is going to take years to get back to anything like what Rangers should be.
Of course the club should be taking an allocation. Just because you don’t want to go to games doesn’t mean it’s up to you to decide whether others should go. It also isn’t up to Rangers to decide whether people should go. If people don’t want to go they don’t go it’s that simple.

A post last night summed it up:

Hard to argue with that to be honest.
There’s one massive difference between this board and previous ones. Mistakes have been made but they’re doing the exact opposite to bleeding the club dry.

I'm a member but not overly impressed though it's a small board probably doing their best.

I see a bit of indifference / apathy from fans re club1872 and there were hardly any candidates putting themselves forward at the recent elections that all candidates got on as far as I know. Fair play to those who volunteered. Let's hope for some initiatives soon.

There’s one massive difference between this board and previous ones. Mistakes have been made but they’re doing the exact opposite to bleeding the club dry.
That's true mate, but they don't seem capable of taking us forward.
We are eternally grateful for what they have done but we need changes starting with a new CEO.

Something has always struck me as weird with C1872. Their stated aim is get to 25%+1 shareholding yet they're more than happy with the concept of a debt for equity swap which on the face of it will more than half their current 10% holding (given that expected debt to be swapped is greater than current market cap of the club). They can obviously buy in to any share issue, but the sheer amount of shares the board will have to issue to cover the debt is going to wipe out of the percentage holdings of those aren't getting shares for debt.

That's true mate, but they don't seem capable of taking us forward.
We are eternally grateful for what they have done but we need changes starting with a new CEO.
Something needs to change but a new board isn’t an option. New people on the football board? Or maybe doing everything via a committee/board is the problem?

Without a doubt Club 1872 are too close to the current board. That is unsderstandable considering we all needed to work together to get rid of the spivs.

No one is questioning the commitment of this board, with millions in for little reward, they get plenty of flak even with most of them working for free. No one else came to our rescue. Not one millionaire/billionaire. The Murray era players were all conspicuous by their absence. King and the three bears stepped up and then some and cut out the evil behind the scenes. I can't thank them or Club 1872 (and previous guises,) enough.

Football wise however. This can't go on. It's like treading water when McDowall was in charge.

On Saturday my son jumped up when Hamilton scored and said he couldn't watch the rest of the game. Like thousands of others we early. A walk for miles in the cold to the car, sat in traffic for ages going over and over how bad the 2nd half was. A team with millions spent on it looking clueless. A win would have taken us second which made it even worse.

Last night my son, brother, a mate and me watching that shite through our fingers. All die hard bears. Not really supporting any more. Just swearing at the imposters on the park. Not good. A tipping point. Hanging on against the bottom team in the league and looking powderpuff and clueless. Knowing that for two seasons in a row due to poor boardroom decisions we are gifting the supposed invincibles league titles without laying a glove on them. This season we have chucked it in October ffs. We were actually struck dumb when windass scored we were so inept. Fair play to the bears who travelled to that pish.

I accept we no right to win anything. We are not moaning glory hunters. We have been through plenty lately. We are getting seriously short changed by this delay.

What I as a paying member of Club 1872 and with 4 season ticket payments to come out the bank before Christmas would like to know is fairly obvious.

Why the %^*& haven't we appointed the new manager?
Decent summary of the whole issue.

Most are loyal and grateful to the board but that doesn't make them immune from criticism .

It is not ingratitude, it is sheer frustration and genuine concern .

Back