Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

Must be those names that attract the mentally challenged- Smiddy and Dolphin pubs in Partick are rat holes as well.
The Dolphin is the only pub in Partick I have never set foot in. Smiddy is a Belhaven pub, accommodates their hordes but is a kid on celtic minded pit really. Been in it a few times.

Right next to Linn Park golf course, which is now sadly closed.
Simshill was always seen as a very affluent area of Glasgow southside. It's been known as Timshill for several years now due to the influx. The Smiddy pub was once a great drinking place and hub of the community. Now sadly infested with the rats.
I was brought up in Croftfoot in the 60s & 70s. It was about 90% us in those days, don't know what it's like now.
Story was the housebuilders wouldn't sell land to the RCs to build a chapel, and when they built one on the edge of Simshill the Chapel was giving loans to buy a Simshill house. Simshill primary was expanded in the 60s, as our school (Croftfoot) had a couple of classrooms used for the decanted Simshill classes. Simshill school is long gone and what was King's Park Secondary's hockey pitches has had St Fillans built and rebuilt on them since then. Changed days.

I was brought up in Croftfoot in the 60s & 70s. It was about 90% us in those days, don't know what it's like now.
Story was the housebuilders wouldn't sell land to the RCs to build a chapel, and when they built one on the edge of Simshill the Chapel was giving loans to buy a Simshill house. Simshill primary was expanded in the 60s, as our school (Croftfoot) had a couple of classrooms used for the decanted Simshill classes. Simshill school is long gone and what was King's Park Secondary's hockey pitches has had St Fillans built and rebuilt on them since then. Changed days.
They have 2 RC primary schools within a 2 minute walk of each other in Simshill. Possibly it was an RC school they could not build in Croftfoot?

I would say Stevenston is staunch when I was younger we had a very big LOL 65
Still have the Cross Keys RSC which is one of the biggest in Scotland not bad for a 9k town.
Now we are closing two Churches leaving only one open with Saltcoats and Ardrossan also closing Churches.

Never mind they’re are plans to turn Ardrossans Church to a Mosque

Back