Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

Where i sit in Ibrox, a lot of guys and gals are from Coatbridge and i think 3 buses run from there
Somebody told me years ago that Coatbridge had the most buses leaving from a town for the games or something daft along those lines, he was laughed out the building. Might need to drop him a wee sorry text lol

That map has Carntyne as blue - it certainly was predominantly blue when I was growing up - but I'm really not sure about now -
Having been away for years & only visiting on the odd occasion recently - I get the feeling there may be a bit of a swing towards the dark side
Anyone able to confirm how it is these days ?

Haghill used to be mega-blue in days gone by - anyone know if that's still true ?

Riddrie still seems staunch to me - but again not being there as often as I used to be - maybe that's the wrong impression?

Dennistoun seems to be under a bit of a gentrification process - although maybe that's just the cafes - & not their clientele - anyway it still seems sound to me

Haghill is still as loyalist as ever.
Dennistoun is the same.
As is Riddrie.

It always has been, even over the last ten years the manks have generally stuck to their two pubs.

This season has given the young bears here some confidence to keep them in their place too.

Would be interesting to see the season ticket demographics by postcode, Falkirk and the surrounding villages will easily run into 4 figures when it comes to folk going to Ibrox.

We take 2 coaches from Camelon and off the top of my head you also have,
Falkirk True Blues
Polmont
Carronshore
Bo'ness
Davie Weir Loyal
Stenhousemuir
Brightons
Grangemouth
Bonnybridge
Denny & Dunipace

Not to mention loads who take their cars or get the train.

The tims have two.
Yeah I’m a member of Polmont loyal mate...genuinely Celtic fans started coming out since around 2014, all quiet now though :)

Yeah I’m a member of Polmont loyal mate...genuinely Celtic fans started coming out since around 2014, all quiet now though :)
I first went on the Camelon bus in 1980 when it left from the Crossbow, they were always there if you knew where to look but apart from a few headcases they hid their colours, i remember when their bus used to pick up at the Copper top in the 80's, I was brought up down the road from there and didn't know anyone who spoke about gong on it, certainly not from loyalist Camelon High school :))

Came across this Stade Rennais online fans forum earlier on and they have created a map of Glasgow showing which areas are more Rangers or more Celtic. Do you agree the map is accurate or do you think that some areas have been labeled wrongly?

Also, is your town more Rangers or more Celtic?

http://forum.stade-rennais-online.com/viewtopic.php?id=3085
Vlqx4.jpg
Made the mistake of clicking that link. Is there a corner of the Internet without celtc fans blabbering utter s.hite in it?

The only towns the mentally challengeds outnumber us in is are probably Coatbridge, Port Glasgow, Greenock, Dumbarton, Clydebank and a few small places like Croy and Carfin. Every other town there is likely more of us than them.
There is massive amounts of Bluenoses In Clydebank, when I’m in the shopping centre I often count the tops of both clubs and we come out top on most occasions
I think when people think of Clydebank they assume it’s like Duntocher or Whitecrook when reality it’s nothing like that in other parts

Having very recently moved to the Cumbernauld area for transport links to and from work and affordability ( detached 4 bed with garage 250k compared to exact same house where I was 350k ) I’ve been a bit taken aback at the general feel that the place is totally overrun with Celtic and also SNP minded people.

In the past I do recall seeing supporters buses from the area but I’ve no idea about these days all I know is every second house seems to have a saltire flag on a pole in the gardens , SNP stickers in the window and every kid I see is Dressed head to toe in green and grey. Maybe some on this forum from the area could reassure me that there are blue noses out there , it’s just that I haven’t seen or met them yet ! I did see one house about 8 down from me with some bunting up when we lifted the trophy but the place wasn’t exactly jumping . I suppose I should have known with Croy so close by it might be like this .

Having very recently moved to the Cumbernauld area for transport links to and from work and affordability ( detached 4 bed with garage 250k compared to exact same house where I was 350k ) I’ve been a bit taken aback at the general feel that the place is totally overrun with Celtic and also SNP minded people.

In the past I do recall seeing supporters buses from the area but I’ve no idea about these days all I know is every second house seems to have a saltire flag on a pole in the gardens , SNP stickers in the window and every kid I see is Dressed head to toe in green and grey. Maybe some on this forum from the area could reassure me that there are blue noses out there , it’s just that I haven’t seen or met them yet ! I did see one house about 8 down from me with some bunting up when we lifted the trophy but the place wasn’t exactly jumping . I suppose I should have known with Croy so close by it might be like this .
There's a massive Rangers support in Cumbernauld mate don't worry about that, there were flags on every bridge in G67 & the town centre was covered on flag day .

We have always had more busses , think there was at least six on the go before lockdown , including a double decker from the Village , then there's a lot of fans , including myself, travel by train from Cumbernauld & Croy stations .

Not going to say its like the Scottish Shankill as there are plenty mockits but , imho after staying here over 50 years , there are deffo more of us .

There's a massive Rangers support in Cumbernauld mate don't worry about that, there were flags on every bridge in G67 & the town centre was covered on flag day .

We have always had more busses , think there was at least six on the go before lockdown , including a double decker from the Village , then there's a lot of fans , including myself, travel by train from Cumbernauld & Croy stations .

Not going to say its like the Scottish Shankill as there are plenty mockits but , imho after staying here over 50 years , there are deffo more of us .

I stay in Cumbernauld now and would say its predominantly Rangers. Loads of flags out windows and in gardens the other week.

That’s good to hear mate as I feel surrounded by jungles . What pub is the most bear friendly ? Smiddy looks ok .

Croy punters all stay in council houses.
Always thought Condorrat was full of tims.

I agree with you. There are not more of them than us. We still outnumber them. Golf, cricket. Tennis. Rugby and bowling clubs are mainly us while they mainly haunt the pubs. I read something recently that said that they only outnumbered us in Port Glasgow, Coatbridge and Clydebank.
Agree there, got a few jungle rats around here. Hardly seen any green n grey tops, until a few days ago. A few flag poles up here, one round corner with their flag, one next to it with UJ and est we forget flag. Guy across street always got lest we forget flag and flag commemorating the 12th. Orange lollies at times, and a patio out front with red white blue lights, always make me smile.

That’s good to hear mate as I feel surrounded by jungles . What pub is the most bear friendly ? Smiddy looks ok .
Smiddy is neutral but fine to have a pint in, The Bull in the Village is Bear friendly and a good place to watch the games , Rangers bus leaves from Hatrix at Cumbernauld Utds ground .

I drink in The Burroughs but thats down to the fact I come from Carbrain although its 80/20 us and has always been known as a Bluenose shop.

Smiddy is neutral but fine to have a pint in, The Bull in the Village is Bear friendly and a good place to watch the games , Rangers bus leaves from Hatrix at Cumbernauld Utds ground .

I drink in The Burroughs but thats down to the fact I come from Carbrain although its 80/20 us and has always been known as a Bluenose shop.
Thanks mate . What about the craigmarloch lodge

its nonsense my gran stayed in stampy for 30 odd years until recently she’s moved just further down into netherlee and it’s definitely not infested we still massively outnumber them.
I agree, Stamperland ha always been a well-to-do area and there is no sign of blatant timmery.

Bearsden/Milngavie is Rangers country for sure.

Its one of the few places I actually wear my Rangers gear out and about.

Never have any bother and people often say 'Like your top/shirt/colours'.

Its good living here isn't it! See someone in a Celtic top about once a year. Although head into Glasgow and they were everywhere, which after last season everything has hopefully changed that.

Most of Glasgow is blue but I remember specifically Baillieston having a very high number of ST holders.

As the Rangers SLO, would the club be able to release demographic data from Rangers Facebook page to find out where the majority/minority of Rangers fans stay from across Scotland? Would be interesting to see. Also Season Ticket data of where fans come from.

I grew up in "Timshill" and would say it was pretty even if not more blue than green.
I was brought up there too. The fact my old primary simshill and also holmlea are no longer schools says a lot about the area.
Carmunnock is infested - not that i stay there so i go to busby or mt florida
When I lived there briefly it was mostly blue. School is non denomination.

I don't think that they are outbreeding us it may be simply that RCs by and large support only one team and that obviously is celtic whereas many protestants in the central belt will support their local team, added to that there seems to be a growing number from protestant , non denominational backgrounds who now follow the mhanks.
On that point does anyone know a catholic who supports Rangers ???
Yes a couple

I don't think that they are outbreeding us it may be simply that RCs by and large support only one team and that obviously is celtic whereas many protestants in the central belt will support their local team, added to that there seems to be a growing number from protestant , non denominational backgrounds who now follow the mhanks.
On that point does anyone know a catholic who supports Rangers ???
I know a good few . Best mate married a massive tim , they’ve 6 kids 3 support them 3 us but they’ve been brought up RC by his wife . He doesn’t bother his backside about religion but I’m happy for him 3 of his boys chose the good guys

Loyalist Mosspark.

Right next to Ibrox (other side of Bellahouston park), I grew up with a crowd of about 30 odd boys all from Mosspark and I’d say only 3-4 of them were Celtic fans. We also have/had 3 Presbyterian churches within the area, in total there is 4 places of worship in Mosspark, 3 of them Presbyterian and 1 Jehovah witness hall.
Stayed in Mosspark for a few years and can confirm this is true.
Very few of that mob although that Mcniff scummy family who were on Football, faith and flutes resided there next to the shops.
We used to give the IRA loving c unts some amount of abuse.

Burnley is blue. Loads of bears in this town. Staunch too.
Its good living here isn't it! See someone in a Celtic top about once a year. Although head into Glasgow and they were everywhere, which after last season everything has hopefully changed that.
It's amazing the change in Glasgow the last few months in how few of the green and grey is on show compared to how many Rangers tops on show.
The je clowns are firmly put back in their box.

Stayed in Mosspark for a few years and can confirm this is true.
Very few of that mob although that Mcniff scummy family who were on Football, faith and flutes resided there next to the shops.
We used to give the IRA loving c unts some amount of abuse.

What age are you mate? I don’t know the McNiffs.

What age are you mate? I don’t know the McNiffs.
My Da was brought up in Arisaig drive.

My Papa was originally from Ghia and my Granny was a Mckinlay from Campbeltown and they both settled in Mosspark.
A brilliant area and most definitely Rangers majority though there was a few round about my Grannies bit and I'm going back a good few years.
Does that Yahoo fanny McGlone not stay in Mosspark??

Just back from a wee break in Portpatrick...a number of Union flags flying in the village....and Rangers flags as well. Also saw the same in other parts of Wigtownshire....Good to see.
Can vouch for that. The local taxi is from "across the water" as we say down here. The first time I used him he said " ....and you will note I said NORTHERN Ireland". Was also one of the local incomers saying how we were all Galloway Irish in the pub one day. Someone corrected him to say no f*ckin Irish, Ulster.

There is a Rangers and Celtic bus that leaves the Smiddy. Its been a good few years for me but on my recollection on Old Firm day when both buses left from there, everyone could go for a pint there on their return without any issue. I think it's because most folk know or grew up together. I stand corrected if that's no longer the case.

On the subject of the SNP brigade mentioned on another post, Cumbernauld is infested in that respect even though the local MP is hopeless.

I was brought up there too. The fact my old primary simshill and also holmlea are no longer schools says a lot about the area.

When I lived there briefly it was mostly blue. School is non denomination.
Totally Tim infested. More GAA tops than footie tops.
As you say the schools say it all. The two most populated Tim schools in Glasgow within a couple of hundred metres and apparently they are seeking another.

As you say the schools say it all. The two most populated Tim schools in Glasgow within a couple of hundred metres and apparently they are seeking another.
It was called Tim’shill whe I was growing up there 40 odd years ago.

I’m from croftfoot and went to King’s Park Secondary. The roll is falling at KP and Holmlea and Simshill primary are both closed now. Seems that we have been pushed out in this particular area of Glasgow. Casltemilk is definitely more them now as well.

My Da was brought up in Arisaig drive.

My Papa was originally from Ghia and my Granny was a Mckinlay from Campbeltown and they both settled in Mosspark.
A brilliant area and most definitely Rangers majority though there was a few round about my Grannies bit and I'm going back a good few years.
Does that Yahoo fanny McGlone not stay in Mosspark??

Brilliant mate, love to hear about how people got to Mosspark. Lots of history in such a small we area. Especially when you include in Bellahouston Park into the area.

Apparently he lives here but I have never seen him and everyone in Mosspark knows each other. He prob stays at the edges or Tarfside!

In my experience Springburn is more Rangers. I'm not from there so might be misinformed but everyone I do know from there are Rangers. I would say most of the south side is, Pollokshields, Shawlands, Cardonald and Penilee. Although of course I could be wrong.
Pumped a burd from Shawlands and she was definitely a dirty wrong yin.

I’m from croftfoot and went to King’s Park Secondary. The roll is falling at KP and Holmlea and Simshill primary are both closed now. Seems that we have been pushed out in this particular area of Glasgow. Casltemilk is definitely more them now as well.
What's Croftfoot like these days? I was brought up there in the 60s and 70s and it was 90% prod. 4 churches and the school. I'd was told about 10 years ago KP would end up as an Annexe for Holyrood. When I went to KP where St Fillans is was KPs hockey pitches, with a hut that served as St Mirin's annexe. They then built the new school and replaced it with a bigger one.
I know the demographics for Cathcart Old Parish area are about 45% RC.

Just back from a wee break in Portpatrick...a number of Union flags flying in the village....and Rangers flags as well. Also saw the same in other parts of Wigtownshire....Good to see.
We were down there last month. Plenty of Union flags and Rangers flags across Dumfries-shire.

Sandhead just by the turnoff for Portpatrick has one pub the Ti Na Marra I think it’s called was decked out in Rangers flags and red white and blue bunting for the last game of the season.

What's Croftfoot like these days? I was brought up there in the 60s and 70s and it was 90% prod. 4 churches and the school. I'd was told about 10 years ago KP would end up as an Annexe for Holyrood. When I went to KP where St Fillans is was KPs hockey pitches, with a hut that served as St Mirin's annexe. They then built the new school and replaced it with a bigger one.
I know the demographics for Cathcart Old Parish area are about 45% RC.
I’ve not stayed there for years mate, although I’ve got mates who still live in the area. I don’t think it it’s the place it was, but that could be my youthful memories.

Back