Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

Port Glasgow has 4 clubs to there 1
We have orange halls bouverie Rangers
Upper port and 68 club plus mostly all the bowling clubs are bear oriented
They have the Hibs they used to have a scum supporters club closed down years ago
A lot of people think the port is all green
So wrong the tims in the port are the same everywhere the keep there tims tops on for months and months hence the term the unwashed that’s why people say the port is full of jungles

WATP

Seems stamperland has divided opinion. Personally I can only speak from experience from work etc. Vast majority are the types that will drop hints about being a celic fan.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and happy to be proven so

As stated earlier, would be a sizeable majority Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would also have no hesitation in saying Islay is 75/25 in favour of Rangers. Have friends over there and everywhere you look there's someone with a Rangers strip on! There are a variety of Church of Scotland churches on the island yet only one Catholic one so can see why.
No chance there is as many as 25 % them. Any Mhanks over there are subject to public ridicule
There is also no chapel, the RCs used to have a service in the Episcopal church every fortnight, but more.

Clydebank has two non denominational high schools to one bigot factory as far as I am aware.
Still has a bigger Rangers support than them as a result surely.
I reckon it's only cos they wear the green and grey all the time is what warps people's views.

Only 2 high schools in Clydebank and its one of each.

Plenty of bears in Clydebank but it is majority them

Mainly due to whitecrook, dalmuir and duntocher. The rest is more evenly split with faifley being more blue

There are 2 junior teams in Lochee and United are far bigger than Harp if that is anyway to saying that Lochee is not so much of a "mentally challenged hot spot"
Mate not sure how well you know the area but trust me the place is a republican shit hole

The RC population isn't anywhere near 20% , think it's around 13% at the last census , what people are failing to take into account is the amount of race traitors who support the mockits , going by schools etc isn't an accurate way of working it out.

No chance there is as many as 25 % them. Any Mhanks over there are subject to public ridicule
There is also no chapel, the RCs used to have a service in the Episcopal church every fortnight, but more.

My family came from Islay originally...staunch Protestants

Been mentioned already but Falkirk most certainly has a fair sized Blue majority. The villages up the braes next to the town are extremely staunch, places like Slamannan, Shieldhill and California are very much Rangers places with the remainder supporting Falkirk.

Have loved in Patrick for over 20 years would still say it's mainly Rangers. As we have The Rosevale, Windsor, Stumps and Tenement Bar all next to Patrick train station all Rangers bar's. Also been in Quarter Gill plenty of times before a game at Ibrox with my colours on and nobody's batted an eyelid.
Only mentally challenged holes are The Smiddy and sad to say The Dolphin has re-opened, I though when that building fell down that would be the end of that place.

You're probably right mate, maybe only about 15% or so follow them over there, like Larkhall on an island haha.

The Bowmore Hotel is listed as a Rangers pub on http://www.bluenosebars.com/Scotland.htm so I would imagine thats where they all meet to watch the games. Stunning place to compete for the annual 'Islay Rangers Supporters Cup' wouldn't you say?
port-charlotte-football-pitch-pano.jpg

Was about to post the same bud Drumchapel is most definitely blue. Maybe not as much as when I grew up here in the 90s but still the majority. The fact we haven't been buying tops for the last 4/5 years and they wear nothing but their green and grey probably gives off the illusion they're everywhere and there's none of us tho.
Without a doubt.
I see Drumchapel has no dot.
Should be blue.
Maybe not as much as my generation but still majorly blue.

Have loved in Patrick for over 20 years would still say it's mainly Rangers. As we have The Rosevale, Windsor, Stumps and Tenement Bar all next to Patrick train station all Rangers bar's. Also been in Quarter Gill plenty of times before a game at Ibrox with my colours on and nobody's batted an eyelid.
Only mentally challenged holes are The Smiddy and sad to say The Dolphin has re-opened, I though when that building fell down that would be the end of that place.
Used to have the Hayburn as well.
Further along the road and the Thornwood was a Rangers bar as well.
The other side of Partick, Finneston and Yorkhill were always Rangers first areas advanced well.

Celtic towns and areas that immediately spring to mind are Royston, Coatbridge, Port Glasgow and Clydebank.

Rangers - most of Ayrshire, Bearsden/Milngavie, Newton Mearns, Clarkston, Giffnock, Larkhall, Strathaven, Bridgeton, Cambuslang, Shettleston.
Greenock is full of pond life.

Greenock and Port are easily majority mhanks. Overton, estates and east end all 100% filth.

Gourock 60/40 our favour.

There's no town or city in Scotland with an RC majority, I believe Port Glasgow is the most heavily populated area of Tims in Scotland at about 45%, but I would be very surprised if there was more Celtic supporters in Greenock than bears. I would also say the split in Gourock is more 70/30

Plantation is staunch, unlike mentally challenged loving Kinning Park. :cool:

Plantation has two Presbyterian churches, an Orange Halls and Social Club, a non-dom primary school and a few bluenose bars.

Kinning Park had a chapel, RC primary school and The Stanley Bar, from which a Celtic Supporters Bus picks up.

Was about to post the same bud Drumchapel is most definitely blue. Maybe not as much as when I grew up here in the 90s but still the majority. The fact we haven't been buying tops for the last 4/5 years and they wear nothing but their green and grey probably gives off the illusion they're everywhere and there's none of us tho.
loyalist Drumchapel will always be blue

Cumbernauld/Kilsyth is more Rangers friendly i'd say with the notable exception of Croy. Place is/was full of yessers to a degree though.

3-2 in high schools and the 2 RC schools rely on people being bussed in from Muirhead, Chryston and the likes.

I grew up in cardonald and it was def more Rangers than them however Lourdes was definitely 100% them for obv reasons however they were mainly from Pollok.

Penilee was def more Rangers though.

Now living on Skye and I would say more Rangers. Watched the last OF game in the Isles bar and it was 70/30 us was strange though watching a game in among them. Hadn’t done that since Oz. Not a whiff of trouble though

Still working behind enemy lines, if not undercover, in Paisley. Sad, for a once proud engineering, manufacturing, educational & libertarian town. They even burned down The George. Tea Gardens loyal.

Cumbernauld/Kilsyth is more Rangers friendly i'd say with the notable exception of Croy. Place is/was full of yessers to a degree though.

3-2 in high schools and the 2 RC schools rely on people being bussed in from Muirhead, Chryston and the likes.

As others have said, you can't go by schools or simple population numbers. Kilsyth just has the masonic for us but I think three or four of the other pubs lean heavily towards them, I would say 60-40 them in support.
Cumbernauld I think is 50-50, but maybe more dhims the closer you get to the Croy side.

Port Glasgow has 4 clubs to there 1
We have orange halls bouverie Rangers
Upper port and 68 club plus mostly all the bowling clubs are bear oriented
They have the Hibs they used to have a scum supporters club closed down years ago
A lot of people think the port is all green
So wrong the tims in the port are the same everywhere the keep there tims tops on for months and months hence the term the unwashed that’s why people say the port is full of jungles

WATP

My girlfriend is from Greenock and it certainly isn't the mentally challenged hell hole it is portrayed, neither is the Port. I must admit I believed it not being from that area but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

Still working behind enemy lines, if not undercover, in Paisley. Sad, for a once proud engineering, manufacturing, educational & libertarian town. They even burned down The George. Tea Gardens loyal.

Plenty bears in Paisley. Two busses, Orange Halls, few bands, Teagardens, the Croft (sadly missed). The Bears are there.

As others have said, you can't go by schools or simple population numbers. Kilsyth just has the masonic for us but I think three or four of the other pubs lean heavily towards them, I would say 60-40 them in support.
Cumbernauld I think is 50-50, but maybe more dhims the closer you get to the Croy side.

Only places with a tim majority in Cumbernauld for me is Eastfield, Westfield, Balloch, Seafar, and maybe Greenfaulds at a push.

Abronhill, The Village, Carbrain, Westerwood, Craigmarloch, Broadwood, Smithstone, Dullatur and to a lesser extent Carrickstone and Condorrat they are not visible in the slightest.

Kildrum is somewhere in the middle

At least in my experience. Croy is absolutely full of them though. Would be lucky to find a single Rangers fan there. Theres a sizeable Motherwell fanbase here as well weirdly. Quite a few people i went to school and work with are Well fans

The RC population isn't anywhere near 20% , think it's around 13% at the last census , what people are failing to take into account is the amount of race traitors who support the mockits , going by schools etc isn't an accurate way of working it out.

True. I literally know hundreds of C****c fans in Forres and Elgin and none of them are RCs. Most of them were in my school and I've met the rest in various jobs. Many of them were brought up Church of Scotland, went to Sunday school and were in the BB.

The negative media coverage of Rangers has had a huge effect on some local parents who have steered their kids to supporting the scum. My ex brother - in -law was one.

If your talking about stamperland in clarkston south side then I’m afraid that’s nonsense my gran used to stay there and hardly seen a yahoo in the 27 years since moving just the other month.
It’s crawling mate, lived in the area most my life. The last 25 years has seen a significant shift.

Just about every single post states it’s not what it used to be.

So given the RC pop hasn’t grown in 40 years it can only be from Protestants supporting Celtic.

I live in the shadow of the Garngad and even though it’s a big Celtic area there are still a good number of bears there but I'm making this up as I need attention: on this of districts of the city , some I’ve never heard of , which se to even more Celtic than there.

Worryingly going by this thread they seem to be the biggest club now and by a mile , as towns I thought thought were heavy Rangers are according to this now 50/50 or even worse.

I know a few guys who claim that when Ibrox turned all ST when Murray took over it cost us a huge amount of fans, it’s becoming hard to argue with that reading this thread.

The RC population has grown in and around Glasgow

Drive 20 miles in any direction and they are few and far.....except South Uist

EK is a Rangers stronghold as is most of South Lanarkshire...North Lanarkshire excepting Airdrie is mhank dominated teritory

My home town, “the blue toon” Peterhead. As mentioned previously, Aberdeenshire has a large proportion of Rangers fans and it would surprise you how many of us there actually is in Aberdeen city too

I used to go to uni with a hearts supporter who always proudly declared Linlithgow as “an island of maroon in a sea of blue”

My home town, “the blue toon” Peterhead. As mentioned previously, Aberdeenshire has a large proportion of Rangers fans and it would surprise you how many of us there actually is in Aberdeen city too
Outside Aberdeen, especially the Blue Too, the Broch, Burghead, Foggie Loan, everywhere I found good bears.

Just about every single post states it’s not what it used to be.

So given the RC pop hasn’t grown in 40 years it can only be from Protestants supporting Celtic.

I live in the shadow of the Garngad and even though it’s a big Celtic area there are still a good number of bears there but I'm making this up as I need attention: on this of districts of the city , some I’ve never heard of , which se to even more Celtic than there.

Worryingly going by this thread they seem to be the biggest club now and by a mile , as towns I thought thought were heavy Rangers are according to this now 50/50 or even worse.

I know a few guys who claim that when Ibrox turned all ST when Murray took over it cost us a huge amount of fans, it’s becoming hard to argue with that reading this thread.
Laughable
Celtic will never be bigger than us mate

Back