Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

One thing about Tims, they do love to move into Prod areas to live.
I was brought up in Bearsden and they used to be rarer than rocking horse shytt, but year in year out they were heading to live there.
Conversely, Prods very rarely choose to live amongst Tims.

I left Dumfries 25 years ago and at that time the Dhins were more organised and would run multiple buses keaving the sands, we were more fragmented with different clubs travelling, from what I father it’s still the case but on a whole probably more blue the green, outside Dumfries the county itself is definitely staunch!

The borders are most definitely blue!

I went to King's Park Secondary and back then, apart from Simshill, the area was staunch. Nowadays there are much more Tims in King's Park and parts of Cathcart, they rebuilt one of the RC primaries about twice its original size. The RC population of Cathcart Old parish is 42%, its not known as Timshill for nothing.

I was brought up in Bearsden and they used to be rarer than rocking horse shytt, but year in year out they were heading to live there.
yip ,certainly seems to be the case, a look over the water to belfast would back up this as well, once strong unionist areas gradually through time have turned full circle , we find it in boozers and clubs over here as well,a couple of mentally challengeds start going in,they get some of their mates and before you know ,the bears have either f@cked off elsewhere or sit there quiet whilst that other shower take over the place,,

Prepare to be suprised mate.

32k population and 4k mentally challengeds.
Unfortunately mate I went to a non dom high school and many prods chose to support them, growing up in the town I’d hazard a guess that for every 10 that supported less than half were from a terrier background . Baffling I know but that’s the way it was!

Thanks for clearing this up, I'm feeling a little bit dim now! :D To be honest I've never heard of the Harriers athletics club.

Battlefield is a strange one, seems to be 50/50, you'll see tops of either side on any given day. Cathcart has the same poety feel to me as Simshill does. Castlemilk I would always have down as being majority them, but I don't spend much time over there. Netherlee/Muirend/Newlands/Shawlands/Giffnock are all majority bears in my experience.

Govanhill used to be a Legia Warsaw stronghold but is now more of a Steaua Bucharest area.
Been in Battlefield for couple years now. Hadn't really noticed either way

Billy Bonnar one of the guys who started the club many years ago sadly passed last month. There will be many on hear that knew him from the old days. RIP Billy.
Sorry to hear that, never knew Billy myself but good on him for getting the club started in Blair

Not on the map but, when I were a lad, Neilston was more Protestant than RC but actual supporters was about 50/50. No idea what it’s like now.

As a general rule, I’d say that they infest the more scummy areas of Scotland whilst we work, play and generally improve the more salubrious parts of the country. Pigs live in pigstys after all.

Thats because celtic fans normally stay in poor areas, fact.
How many RC schools in bearsden and milngavie compared to non demo.

Milngavie

Up here we have 7 churches, only 1 chapel.

4 non-denomenational primary schools, 1 non-denomenational secondary school, 0 catholic schools. St Joseph's closed in August 2018 :))

Loving your work Mearns.

Apart from the one in my house I could not tell you how many papes are in my street. You've got every town and village in Scotland counted:)

Know your enemy Woodrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been seeing a wee bird from Knightswood and her and family are poets.. don't know the area well but assumed it was full of them. it seems I was wrong.

Originally Slamannan one catholic family I can think now more central Falkirk haha
A few more of them here now mate but still a tiny, tiny %age of the population. The most staunch area I've ever lived in (walks start and end here lol) and I've lived all over Scotland. 1 church, 1 non denominational primary, 1 (all blue) pub, Union Jack's visible as you drive through, well maintained war memorial etc. Glorious in the summer. :) nearby shieldhill, greengairs, avonbridge, California etc all equally blue I believe. Don't intend moving again anytime soon.

Larkhall has a population of 14,700 with only 1240 mentally challengeds, so seriously staunch, as we all knew.

Hamilton may suprise you though.
54k population with 17.5k mentally challengeds, so we still outnumber them 2 to 1.

As far as I know there's only a couple of Rangers buses that leave from Hamilton, the scum have loads. Not to mention the amount of mentally challenged slop house pubs there

They breed like rabbits.

Although that is starting to change!

Most of South Lanarkshire is blue apart from pockets in Hamilton and Blantyre. Rural areas are especially staunch.

Loads of the towns in rural parts of Lanarkshire don’t have any secondary bigot factory schools which happily keeps the undesirables out

Eastwood district, which takes in Thornliebank, Newton Mearns, Giffnock, Clarkston, Busby, Netherlee, Williamwood and Eaglesham is overwhelmingly Rangers.
At the last census we outnumber them 9 to 1.
Also home to the famous Clarkston Loyal RSC with close on 150 members.

I’d probably say the Uddingston/Tannochside area is 50/50.

I know tons of Bears but I also know a fair amount of Tims. In my street, there are 3 mentally challenged families who all support the green and grey. We’re the only bluenoses.

As pubs and buses go I think they win it by 3 to 2. Tannochside RSC and Uddingston No. 1 RSC.

Milngavie

Up here we have 7 churches, only 1 chapel.

4 non-denomenational primary schools, 1 non-denomenational secondary school, 0 catholic schools. St Joseph's closed in August 2018 :))
Its a fact that they are poorer, i knew a tim that worked for me.
A biiter lady's front bottom, stayed 200 yards from boclair academy yet sent the weans to a midden RC school in summerston or maryhill.
There s plenty that just move to bearsden etc to get into the schools.
That shows you their mentality.
Anyway he got the sack eventually

Its a fact that they are poorer, i knew a tim that worked for me.
A biiter lady's front bottom, stayed 200 yards from boclair academy yet sent the weans to a midden RC school in summerston or maryhill.
There s plenty that just move to bearsden etc to get into the schools.
That shows you their mentality.
Anyway he got the sack eventually

They've moved all the catholics from Milngavie to St Nicholas' Primary, a new £10 million primary opened in August 2018 in Bearsden.

Nope a lot of areas in Glasgow are now majority RC, check the website city population. Its actually scary. RCs are now the majority religion in the city of Glasgow.
That’s because most ‘Protestants’ are atheist now and tick no religion whereas the papes are still stuck in the Middle Ages for the most part and believe they are on some crusade

They are slowly secularising but still carry all their baggage around with them

That’s because most ‘Protestants’ are atheist now and tick no religion whereas the papes are still stuck in the Middle Ages for the most part and believe they are on some crusade

They are slowly secularising but still carry all their baggage around with them
yip , deep down its always there within them

Nope a lot of areas in Glasgow are now majority RC, check the website city population. Its actually scary. RCs are now the majority religion in the city of Glasgow.

Id reckon no area of Glasgow or Central Scotland is majority anything, other than Atheist

Next census will show that i think.

Surprised to see the RC population in Govan is more than the prod one. Sad days in Gladgow in general.

If you count the "no religion" figure, then the RCs become a minority.

Every one of them will specify they are RC, wheras a lot of our lot sadly now fall into the "no religion" category.

I’d probably say the Uddingston/Tannochside area is 50/50.
I know tons of Bears but I also know a fair amount of Tims. In my street, there are 3 mentally challenged families who all support the green and grey. We’re the only bluenoses.
As pubs and buses go I think they win it by 3 to 2. Tannochside RSC and Uddingston No. 1 RSC.

Back