Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

My girlfriends from Greenock and there’s definitely more poets in that area, however it’s no where near as bad as made out in places. Still got the Brit and the Rangers Club in Greenock and it’s the same up the Port. There are plenty of Rangers in both areas. In fact I don’t think there’s ever been a Republican parade in Greenock?

Greenock is heaving with them. The Celtic Club has 6 or 7 buses to home games , Loretto Club , Black Cat has a pick up as well. There is another bus that leaves from Orangefield Chippy area. With regards the Port I know of at least 4 buses that leave for the Piggery.

Greenock is heaving with them. The Celtic Club has 6 or 7 buses to home games , Loretto Club , Black Cat has a pick up as well. There is another bus that leaves from Orangefield Chippy area. With regards the Port I know of at least 4 buses that leave for the Piggery.
You are right. RCs are now the biggest single religion in both Greenock and the Port. The Port has three RC primary schools and only one non dom primary. Only in Gourock do we still outnumber them and even that is only by just over one thousand now.

Honestly the way I read this is as if most areas are 'proudly staunch' but the reality is the bheasts are heaving everywhere you look. I suppose that's because they don't have their rhags off and have been having a field day since 2012.
Once the tables finally turn, whenever that may be could we see the reality.

Everywhere you go now the filth are in your face and no sign of us.
Increasingly difficult to find a pub anywhere that is Bear friendly.
Maybe I’m just getting on a bit now but this country has changed drastically since my youth.

Everywhere you go now the filth are in your face and no sign of us.
Increasingly difficult to find a pub anywhere that is Bear friendly.
Maybe I’m just getting on a bit now but this country has changed drastically since my youth.
i would expect your"e probably ages with myself mate as that's how i tend to see things these days, as you say its like every turn i make there's some gobby mentally challenged,and their boozers springing up throughout our dear city centre,,sadly this one genie i do not think will be getting put back into the bottle,i worry what the future holds for our community going forward,i do not think it will be pleasant for our kind

Was reading in The Evening Times this morning that the Calton has the worse poverty in Glasgow at a staggering 49%!

Haha, funny you should say that. I remember in Higher Modern Studies we were taught that Calton had the lowest life expectancy in Europe, comparable to places in Central Africa, the life expectancy was a whopping 56 :eek:

Truly, a shitehole of the highest order

Haha, funny you should say that. I remember in Higher Modern Studies we were taught that Calton had the lowest life expectancy in Europe, comparable to places in Central Africa, the life expectancy was a whopping 56 :eek:

Truly, a shitehole of the highest order
jesus,,all kidding aside that's a truly disturbing statistic there,panning out 10 years before pension age is ridiculous in this day and age

Am fairly certain Auchterarder leans towards the good guys.

Also a historical fact I wasn’t aware of until moving here, is that in 1559 the Treaty of Perth was negotiated in Auchterarder by Mary of Lorraine, and by those terms John Knox gained the first state recognition of Protestantism in Scotland.

Now if that’s not uber staunch Brownie points i don’t know what is :)

Am fairly certain Auchterarder leans towards the good guys.

Also a historical fact I wasn’t aware of until moving here, is that in 1559 the Treaty of Perth was negotiated in Auchterarder by Mary of Lorraine, and by those terms John Knox gained the first state recognition of Protestantism in Scotland.

Now if that’s not uber staunch Brownie points i don’t know what is :)

Super staunch mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't be on your stats but the only time I have seen a mentally challenged in Plymouth was selling the big issue. Needless to say I told him what the big issue was!

Would also have to suggest that Glasgow, especially the citys east end and further out to North Lanarkshire are the most pro-celtic areas in Scotland but thats down to their ancestors chosing to move to these parts of the country for work when they first came over and so they haven't really ventured out into other parts of Scotland.

The thought that Rangers is probably the vast majority in every other town outside the East End of Glasgow and certain parts of North Lanarkshire is quite probably true as the Irish catholics never chose to settle anywhere else other than perhaps Edinburgh (as Hibs were formed), Dundee (Dundee Hibernians now Dundee United) and parts of Inverclyde, now most notibly with areas like Greenock and Port Glasgow, but in much lesser numbers.
Nonsense to be honest. The east end is massively staunch#fact

MearnsUnionist - well done that fella.
Smashing the strange notion on here that Glasgow is Green.
We will always be bigger than them by a considerable distance.
55 will see the green and grey disappear behind their rocks.

MearnsUnionist - well done that fella.
Smashing the strange notion on here that Glasgow is Green.
We will always be bigger than them by a considerable distance.
55 will see the green and grey disappear behind their rocks.

Absolute myth mate.

I don't even need to get the stats for them.

They will be staunch as %^*&, no danger.
I work with quite a few folk from the Dumfriesshire area and in general there are very few of the mhanky hordes persuasion-we have a few ex serviceman on our staff as well,excellent guys unsurprisingly.

Just had the misfortune of walking past 5 mentally challengeds from sporting Lochee republican T-shirts,must be over for some Easter rising parade or other

Arran = Red, White & Blue
I was in the golf club for the game we lost 3-2 at Ibrox last season and it was 50/50. Could have been holidaymakers like me, but the barman was one of them.
I came back from Arran for the Killie game last month and was in the same lounge on the ferry as about 20 RSC members. Nice shirts.

Clydebank has a population of just over 26k, with a mentally challenged population of 10,400, so certainly well above average.

As others have said, there often seems more of them due to their constant wearing of the green and grey , morning noon and night, 24/7.

I work in Clydebank and the ones from there are all Crash Barriers with the Map of Ireland on their coupons. Bit of interbreeding me thinks.

To back up some of the more detailed stats posted so far about the RC population on Scotland;

In the 1980s 300,000 people took the mass with John Paul on Glasgow Green during his visit. In 2010 the number that did the same with Pope Benedict was estimated at 70,000.

The 2011 national census put the % of RCs in Scotland at a bit over 15% of the total population, however the church’s own statistics, compiled by the Catholic Directory for Scotland for the Bishops’ Conference of Scotland in 2010, put it at 12.6%, and also stated that only 3.6% of Scotland’s population regularly attend the mass.

Similarly, the actual size of the RC church in Scotland has declined by 19% since 1982, baptisms have declined by 39%, and marriages by 63%.

My only worry is that the RC church will become extinct in Scotland a few years after the CoS if current decline trends continue.

Timmy, the noisy minority that likes to advertise their religion and football club 24/7, but whom goes missing and supports Man Utd when on the receiving end of 12 titles in 14 years. We'll shut them up very soon.

Any info on Kilbirnie, Ayrshire? My late dad's home town. Presume its blue
Very much but the Tim’s do have a supporters bus that starts off in Beith and picks up in Kilbirnie.

Our club,Kilbirnie Tom Forsyth,is still going strong with John McLean at the helm

Back