Where are they now? Mark Yardley

I’m sure there is a picture of him playing for Albion Rovers a few years ago and he’s jumping for a header and he looked the size of a killer whale.
3081903285_f763721b35.jpg

Yardley and Lavety. That was a heavyweight front two.

Lavety was still playing in the Paisley and District amateur league about 6-7 years ago. He was bigger than Yardley is in that Albion Rovers photo.

Found the onion bag a lot more often than guys half his size. There was a big fat bastard who played for our school team, couldn’t run the length of himself but was deadly in the 18 yard box. Always got picked.

Big Yardley had his limitations but achieved far more in football than everyone commenting in here.

An absolute wànker of a man.

One abiding memory of him was routinely smashing youth players who were training with the St Mirren first team at Quariers village.

Took great delight in landing an elbow into your face as you went for a header, as a 15 year old almost knocked out you would hear him say something really funny like " phone the polis this boys heading is murder"

I worked at RBS with Mark back in 2010/2011 in the Drummond House office. Really likeable person and a big Hearts fan. Played 5s with him a couple of times and while his fitness wasn’t great his touch and passing was on another level.

Remember that he had a side gig where he was one of the people who attends a game and records the key events like goals and scorers etc. which then end up on the likes of Soccer Saturday.

Austin McCann of Hearts goal v the mentally challengeds fame gave me a quote on behalf of British Gas for a new boiler a few years ago.

I’m not sure that this is relevant to this thread or Mark Yardley but there you have it.

Say what you like, his range of pungent but affordable fragrances is still welcomed in my grans bathroom.

Lily of the Valley Loyal RSC

Back