Where have you seen a match abroad? - non Rangers.

arnietac1

Official Ticketer
personally i have watched games in Malaga, Bremen, Gladbach, Rome, Limassol, Malta, LA & Rome.
Malaga was great but the Germans know how to package it...

Have watched Feyenoord, Barcelona and Espanyol and also Union Berlin.
Barcelona is best city experience but for match day experience Union Berlin was the best. Great wee stadium packed out with 23000 and an amazing atmosphere...non stop for 90 mins. Good Food was great and guys running round refilling your beer glass on the terrace from a backpack thing. Doesn't get any better than that

Only Barcelona for me watched espanyol. Had tickets for a Malaga game in April when we were there for a stag doo but they changed the game to the Monday so we missed out

Hamburg
Bremen
Schalke
Dusseldorf
Wolfsburg
Berlin
Nurnberg
Stuttgart
Hannover
Bruges
Barcelona
Atletico Madrid
Getafe
Lazio
Bologna
Yankee Stadium (NYCFC)

Not very many at all.

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (November 2015)
Getafe vs Rayo Vallencano (November 2015)
Barcelona vs Roma (November 2015)

I suppose that's the bad thing about using your holidays mainly in Summer. I've been on a plane multiple times in my life but only twice in winter (the above games + Leipzig away)

Not very many at all.

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (November 2015)
Getafe vs Rayo Vallencano (November 2015)
Barcelona vs Roma (November 2015)

I suppose that's the bad thing about using your holidays mainly in Summer. I've been on a plane multiple times in my life but only twice in winter (the above games + Leipzig away)

what did you think of Getafe? I thought it was a great wee ground, went to see them v Sociadad 2 seasons ago, picked up tickets for behind the goal and after 20 mins the place was 2/3s empty so we wandered round to the half way line (unchallenged) and just walked up the stairs and sat in the 50 euro seats

we were in Madrid for the Atletico v Leverkusen CL gave and realized the day before on the Monday that Getafe was just up the road, great wee bonus

Only one, and a pretty random one. Whilst over in Canada in 2011 I went to see Toronto FC Vs Chivas USA at the BMO Field.

Terrible atmosphere (the only chant heard was "TFC" over and over), it looked like a good number of tims had latched themselves on creating a 'special relationship' with Toronto, going by the number of green and grey tops on show, and the football served up was sub SPFL standard.

Also one of the worst misses I've ever seen too from Maicon Santos at 5mins 02secs:

Never seen a Football match abroad non Rangers but went to Basketball,Ice Hockey, Baseball,American Football, you didn't specify what type of match :D

what did you think of Getafe? I thought it was a great wee ground, went to see them v Sociadad 2 seasons ago, picked up tickets for behind the goal and after 20 mins the place was 2/3s empty so we wandered round to the half way line (unchallenged) and just walked up the stairs and sat in the 50 euro seats

we were in Madrid for the Atletico v Leverkusen CL gave and realized the day before on the Monday that Getafe was just up the road, great wee bonus

I liked it, its proper football nothing fancy. I bought the cheap seats for behind the goal didn't even think about moving. Vallecano are also from Madrid so it had a decent atmosphere not great but something.

I think I was just over 3 euro return on the train. I don't think my mate was up for it but enjoyed it. I like going to stadiums that most people wouldn't think of going (albeit this is the only one abroad).

Been to football games in Madrid and Chicago. Game in Madrid was a champions league game - Real Madrid V Roma and it was a great experience. Especially as the atmosphere was great - Real went down quite early but made a great come back to win the game. The Chicago game was just a really good day out altogether - tailgate party and all. :)

Only 1 for me.
OGC Nice vs Stade Rennes 1-1
In the old Nice stadium. Would love to go back and see their new stadium at some point.

Been to a few Toronto FC games, not had the want to go and see anyone else other than Rangers and Toronto

I have only been at one senior club match in my entire life where Rangers have not been involved and that was way back, around 68/69, when Hibs beat Thistle 2-1.
Never wanted to watch anybody other than the Rangers.

Bluetongue stadium, Gosford Australia.

Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide. The Mariners had Tony Vidmar in their team and Ian Ferguson on their coaching staff at the time. Adelaide had Bobby Petta playing for them who proceeded to get absolute dogs abuse from me and my mate. At one point he turned and looked at us and threw his hands up as if wtf is going on here. :D

Have been to 6 Slavia Prague games. Including 2 Prague derbies. Totally different to an Old Firm game.

Last game was against Brno. Slavia won 4-0 to win the league. Couldn't see the last 5 minutes of the first half for smoke bombs. Ended up on the pitch after the game. Amazing experience.

The game was played at Strahov as Rammstein were playing at Eden. Top tier was closed.

Inter Milan 1 v 3 Brescia
Real Madrid 4 v 2 Levante
Union Puerto de Rosario 3 v 2 Las Zocas (Spanish 4th Tier, Canaries Division)
Cypriot 2nd Division match involving Parlimini FC

Atletico Madrid at home to Sevilla a few years ago, finished 2-2 I believe, was most surprised by how good the atmosphere was.

Watched hearts v lantana in Tallinn
Watched lantana the week before in Tallinn with Jim Jeffries
Saw Scotland In
Tallinn * 3 including the game that never was
Monaco stadium for the replay v Estonia
San Marino
Switzerland
Minsk
Vilnius
Riga
Gothenburg
Wembley
Villa park * 2 (holland and Switzerland)

At that World Cup in 98 I saw Scotland play Brazil, Norway and Morocca

Sydney FC games as my local team. Also been to Melbourne and Newcastle (AU version). Seen various Scotland games in Germany, Estonia, Lithuania, Czech Rep and France.

CSKA in Moscow. Only a few hundred rubles for ticket, had to show Passport when buying the tickets. Plenty of mad Russians, was approaching the winter months and a large section of them were taps aff loyal :D

Also been to a game in Genoa vs Juve. Home side won too!

Went to Mexico around '76/'77 and watched Club America v Guadalajara at the Azteca. This was their equivalent of our famous rivalry only 100,000 in attendance. Mental atmosphere.
Also been to BMO Field in Toronto and Tampa Stadium.

Milan v Ancona
Milan v Brescia (Baggio's last ever game)
Barcelona v Bilbao
Arnhem v NAC Breda

Been to a hajduk split game. If I'm abroad it's usually for a Rangers game or during the summer so there never seems to be games to go to.

Went
Went to Mexico around '76/'77 and watched Club America v Guadalajara at the Azteca. This was their equivalent of our famous rivalry only 100,000 in attendance. Mental atmosphere.
Also been to BMO Field in Toronto and Tampa Stadium.

Went to see a game at the Azteca last year. Thought it was a fantastic stadium.

Also went to a game whilst in Medellin to watch nacional. For those who watch narcos this is the team pablo had an "interest" in. Fans went bananas, especially when nacional went 3 nil down. Considering there were barely any opposition fans it was strange to see so many riot police

The Strongest in La Paz in Bolivia. Bizarre in that the crowd was all men, all wearing those diddy men hats and you could buy chewing leaves outside the ground.

I went with some local mates over to Gothenburg in 2007 to watch Dunfermline - my home team- play against BK Hacken in a UEFA cup qualifier. Hacken's ground would make Central Park, Cowdenbeath look good so the match was played at the Ullevi Stadium which is a cracking ground. Was bizarre as it was pretty empty, but Gothenburg is a great city to visit.

Went to a few games in the Netherlands when I lived out there. Saw JJ play for Charlton against Roda in a pre-season friendly.

Barcelona once
Hamburg twice

As been pointed out before, the German set up is phenomenal.

I've seen LA Galaxy play 5/6 times. Beckham, Keane, Gerrard and Cole all featuring at some point. Been to one in Spain.

Something that I'd like to do one year instead of going on holidays is go on multiple weekend trips to see games around Europe.

Back