Where have you seen a match abroad? - non Rangers.

Bluetongue stadium, Gosford Australia.

Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide. The Mariners had Tony Vidmar in their team and Ian Ferguson on their coaching staff at the time. Adelaide had Bobby Petta playing for them who proceeded to get absolute dogs abuse from me and my mate. At one point he turned and looked at us and threw his hands up as if wtf is going on here. :D
Ive been to the same fixture although I reckon it was a year earlier than you and instead of Petta they had Romario playing for them! He was 40, unfit, earned $60k per game for 4 games and was hopeless!

Ive been to the same fixture although I reckon it was a year earlier than you and instead of Petta they had Romario playing for them! He was 40, unfit, earned $60k per game for 4 games and was hopeless!
January 2007 I was there. It was the last game of their season. Think it was Tony Vidmar's last game before he retired.

Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland.

Malaga V Athletic Bilbao
Real Madrid V Villarreal
Rayo Vallecano V Levante
Atalanta V Bologna
Novara V Bari
AC Milan V Lazio
Hertha Berlin V Hannover
Holland V Iceland

Been to loads in England and a few in NI also. Love travelling for random games. Seen some belters and some not so good performances.

England(if that counts) - Blackpool, Manchester(Utd v Liverpool), Portsmouth, London(Wembly x3) - Arsenal and Tottenham games.

Italy - Milan for The Champions League Final, Bayern v Valencia.

Spain - Barcelona and also a few times to see Real Mallorca in the 80s as a kid on holiday as my Dad liked a week in the sun around February. One game was against Madrid and was excellent as a wee boy to see that in the sun in Palma.

Holland - Ajax a few times when over to Amsterdam for long weekends in the past.

France - Paris for the World Cup opener versus Brazil.

There´s been a few over the years. Best game was PSG vs Monaco at the old stadium. This was shortly after french riot police got their asses kicked by the Boulogne Boys in 1993. Never had any hassle though, except for the fact that french people in general spoke very little english in those days.

loads all over the place, off the top of my mind.......

Goa - Churchill Bros v Sporting Goa
Joburg @ Soccer City - Pirates v Kaizer Chiefs
Bishkek - Dynamo Dordoi v Al Archa
Iran, the Naqsh-e Jahan derby, Zob Ahan v Sepahan
Argentina - San Lorenzo v Rosario Central & Argentina v Colombia in a WC qualifier
In Germany: Halle, Leipzig (RB, Lokomotive & Chemie), Fortuna, Dynamo Dresden
Milwall v Luton in the New Den

I was sold a fake ticket in Istanbul for $75 for Fener v Besiktas, didnt get in, raging!

Last edited:
Portugal v Turkey in the Amsterdam Arena at Euro 2000 - https://www.11v11.com/matches/portugal-v-turkey-24-june-2000-268922/
Milan v Lazio in the San Siro in 2001 - https://www.11v11.com/matches/ac-milan-v-lazio-01-april-2001-6455/
Barca v Real in the Nou Camp in 2002 - https://www.11v11.com/matches/barcelona-v-real-madrid-16-march-2002-12533/

Had paid £200 for the Barca tickets and was worried the match was going to be called off as two idiots ran on to the pitch and handcuffed themselves to the goal posts. When we landed, it was all over the news that ETA was causing chaos in the city too. Ended up being a decent game an a 1-1 draw

Last edited:
I liked it, its proper football nothing fancy. I bought the cheap seats for behind the goal didn't even think about moving. Vallecano are also from Madrid so it had a decent atmosphere not great but something.

I think I was just over 3 euro return on the train. I don't think my mate was up for it but enjoyed it. I like going to stadiums that most people wouldn't think of going (albeit this is the only one abroad).

Vallecano game we were at was brilliant. Beat levante 4-2 and Bueno scored 4 in 20 minutes, right good atmosphere too. I also prefer going to the smaller clubs like that.

Beyond Rangers games, my first games abroad were last year at Euro 2016.

I've not been to many games abroad, a few in South Africa and Norway. The oddest experience I had was at a Sandefjord v Odd Grenland match in Norway. The football was crap and the fans happy clapped for the duration of the game, but the strangest part was the guy I was with, a lifelong Sandefjord supporter, didn't know any of the players names, their nationalities and only knew the coach was Irish but couldn't recall his name o_O. Game finished Sandefjord 3-0 Odd Grenland.

Very little.

Man U 8-2 Arsenal in Arsenal end o_O. 2011 I think.
Barca 3-0 Villarreal Ronaldinho overhead kick for third round about 2006/7
Everton 0-0 West Brom round about 2004. Terrible game. Doesn't really count as abroador the game above I suppose but it's a different country so I'll take it.

Barcelona v Real Zaragoza
New York City v San Jose Earthquakes
Hamburg v Hertha Berlin
Bayern v Hamburg
Orlando v Montreal Impact

Saw Italy Poland in the WC semi in 82 but too young to remember.

Lives in Shanghai for three years and followed Shenhua. Albertz played with them for a few seasons during it. Terrible standard of football, really slow.

ADO Den Haag vs Ajax a few years back

my other half has dutch relatives and a couple have season tickets for ADO

San Siro. AC Milan 6 -0 Fiorentina.

Possibly the best display of football I have ever witnessed.

I then had a sizeable double on Rangers for the league and Milan for the CL.

Who'd have thought that Milan would be the one that cost me.

Milan - Inter vs Chelsea
Porto - FC Porto vs Malaga
Dortmund - 3-2 game against Malaga
Malaga - try a go to at least home game every year
Athens - Olympiacos vs Chelsea
Bucharest- Steaua vs Gloria
Tiraspol - FC Sheriff v CSC Rapid
Dnipropetrovsk- Ukraine vs England
Barcelona- Barcelona B vs Real Mallorca B
Dublin - Rep of Ireland vs Northern Ireland

I was lucky enough to see Barcelona v ac Milan in the champions league a few days after the legends game at Ibrox- Barca won 3-0

My only non-Rangers games abroad were at the Euros last year.

Belgium v Italy - Lyon
Iceland v Hungary - Marseilles
Belgium v Sweden - Nice
Italy v Spain - Paris

Outwith Rangers I've only been to see Lazio abroad but I have been 7/8 times as they're my second team.

In the UK I've seen Manchester City twice and Linfield 3 times but not at the new Windsor Park yet.

Saw Sydney fc beat Guinzhou Evergrande 2-1 in last year's champions league, great atmosphere in the cove

- too many Scotland games to count/remember - saw them win away once, in Liechtenstein - finally chucked the SSC membership after the last failed campaign
- PSG several times
- Evian Thonon-Gaillard (now defunct) several times
- Milan/Inter several times
- Juve old & new stadium
- Sampdoria
- Barcelona several times
- Espanyol old (Olympic) stadium
- Malaga
- Ajax
Pretty sure that's it.
Tomorrow I am going to watch FC Annecy in the 4th tier of French football (National 2), in the same stadium that Evian used to play in.

Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao, Munich, Paris, Lecce, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Trinidad and at the original Maracana in Rio

Botafogo v Fluminense in the Carioca Cup at the Maracana back in 2005 was probably the last game I was at.

Raphael Scheidt was playing that night too :p

Was at a Norwegian Div 5d(?) game once, SOLID (Sagvaag Og Litlabo IDrett) v someone. Basically an amateur game.

Went to Real Madrid v Bayern Munich in New York last year - 80,000 crowd - guy sitting next to me was in his 70s and in tears as it was the first time he had seen his "beloved" RM play - parents emigrated from Spain when he was a youngster.

Also been to a number of TFC games over the years in Toronto - standard and atmosphere has improved greatly.

Barca v Real Madrid (3-0 Gio VB scored)

Denmark v Sweden 0-3 1985 (Prytz scored)

Lyngby in intertoto cup 1985

Valerenga in Norwegian league 1998/99

I watched Roma v Atalanta @ Olimpico Stadium and Steaua Bucharest v Legia Warsaw @ National Stadium in Bucharest. Great atmosphere at both games and must say very impressive stadiums.

Went to see Real Madrid vs Levante in 2013. Madrid won 5-1 with goals from Higuain, Kaka, Ronaldo, and Ozil bagged a brace. Higuain's goal was an absolute cracker!! Madrid had a Champions League game a few days later, so they rested Ronaldo and Ozil, but when they came on, they were fantastic!!

Then in 2014, went to see Bayern Munich vs Schalke. Again it was 5-1. Bayern Munich were absolutely sensational for the first 40 minutes or so. Robben was unstoppable!! Bagged himself a hat-trick!!

Only 1 for me . Champions League Final in Paris. Barcelona v Arsenal.

Got tickets through Uefa draw and went with my son who was 9 at the time. Great trip.

Would love to get over to Hamburg to take in a game. Hopefully after the new year.

Went to Barcelona v Vallecano
Really couldnt get into it as i couldnt care less who won and my team werent playing. Barca had Ronaldino, Messi, villa, iniesta, xavi etc and i was sitting wishing i was at Rangers v Killie. Probably wouldnt go to another non Rangers game abroad again unless it was el classico or Milan derby etc. Give me the Bears any day!!

I have been to a few MLS games but don't go anymore as watching it in person is horrible at times. One of the worst ones I've been to was about five years ago at Gillette stadium in Massachusetts. It was a double header of AC Milan and some Honduran team first, then the revolution vs Kansas City I think. I walked out at half time as the difference in class from first game to that was unbelievable.

Turkey - Fenerbahce Vs Karabukaspor
Spain - Villarreal Vs Liverpool, Madrid Vs Liverpool
Germany - Augsburg Vs Liverpool, Dortmund Vs Liverpool
Switzerland - Sevilla Vs Liverpool
France - Bordeaux Vs Liverpool and at the Euros ROI Vs Sweden (Sweden end) and Romania Vs Switzerland

Like your german footie then, work in these countries or you like to travel?

me and my brother in law go away a couple of times a year Friday - Monday and squeeze in 2-3 games, if all booked separately a bundesliga weekend can be done on the cheap easily

for eg the North Rhien Westphalia part of Germany you have Schalke, Dortmund, Koln and Moenchengladbach all within a relatively short distance of each other, and with the train network in Germany being so good its great for a footballing weekend

Watched a women's international tournament in Magluf about 20 years ago.

Sweden v Italy...utterly wonderful.

Italian number 7 was some player and beautiful into the bargain.

I have watched matches at Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Florence and Cologne. The Dortmund experience being the best by far.

Best ones I've seen have been Roma v Lazio, Feyenoord v Dortmund (UEFA Cup Final) and Ajax v Feyenoord.

Watched games in Malta all games at that time played at the National Stadium.All games played over the weekend 4 sets of fans in the Stadium at one time bonkers.

Back