Where is Andy King

barrheadbear

Andy King has not had as many minutes as I thought he would have by now, he wasn't even amung the 7 subs today.

With Arfield being rested today I thought he would have been the perfect replacement, playing in that hole between midfield and Morelos that Arfield does so well.

Is anyone else surprised with just how little we have seen of him to date?

Andy King has not had as many minutes as I thought he would have by now, he wasn't even amung the 7 subs today.

With Arfield being rested today I thought he would have been the perfect replacement, playing in that hole between midfield and Morelos that Arfield does so well.

Agree BB. I thought he would start today. Confused, Glasgow.

Thought he might have been on the bench today, maybe injured? May get some game time on Wednesday, don't see there being to many changes though, quite a big game fir a chance at the first cup of the season

He came on against Feyenoord.
He was brought in as a squad player, Arfield was rested and Aribo took his place.
We have a massive squad and cant fit everyone in , yet people think theres something sinister when a player doesnt get picked.

I think we clearly thought going with two wide players was a better option today rather than a narrow front three. Hence King not featuring.

For some reason everybody on FF seems to want guys that aren’t featuring to be starters.:)

Especially when we won 4-0 (or 2-1 according to the outlets) and for the tactics spot on.

I think we clearly thought going with two wide players was a better option today rather than a narrow front three. Hence King not featuring.

For some reason everybody on FF seems to want guys that aren’t featuring to be starters.:)

I just thought it might have been a good game to introduce him with all of the European games VB.

It does seem that Greg isn’t giving the manager a challenge & Kamara disappointed on Thursday too, so to me having another option to enable us to rest Davis or Jack would be useful.

St johnstone were tricky opponents for is last season other than the early season hammering. Two one away with a last minute effort and a nil nil draw at Ibrox. I think that's why Stewart got the nod over King on the bench, in case we needed a bit of guile. Think that's generally why we brought Stewart in.

I thought King could come into the team and be one of the first names on the teamsheet every week. That may, of course, still be the case- but as in all of these debates, it’s testament to how well those in possession of the starting jersey are playing.

We have a massive squad for a reason, because we have so many games coming. Are we going to have a thread fo every single player than doesn't make the 16? He will no doubt play a part

I just thought it might have been a good game to introduce him with all of the European games VB.

It does seem that Greg isn’t giving the manager a challenge & Kamara disappointed on Thursday too, so to me having another option to enable us to rest Davis or Jack would be useful.

I’d say we are more likely to see him and/or Kamara on Wednesday mate. Different kind of game, where there is likely to be less space for wide players to exploit.

I thought King could come into the team and be one of the first names on the teamsheet every week. That may, of course, still be the case- but as in all of these debates, it’s testament to how well those in possession of the starting jersey are playing.

Agree. Jack & Davis are both having a cracking season so far.

Docherty imo isn't good enough to play. He is levels below every other midfielder in the squad imo.

He’s never had one outstanding game for us it’s the Halliday syndrome, He’s a big fan so he’s automatically a great player for some despite never showing it for us .

Good player for Hamilton and Good in League one doesn’t make you a Rangers player you need to earn that.

Who is this Andy King you talk about?

Had Arfield and Kamara on the bench. 2 players who are currently ahead of him

King will be a big player for us,experienced internationalist,and as people are saying plenty of games to come.As for Docherty personally can't see him starting.

If king started and we dropped points people would be moaning about not playing our strongest team. I’m sure Gerrard knows what he’s doing

Would like to see more of him - certainly thought he would be a straight replacement any time Ojo, Arfield or Aribo were injured or rested.

Big squad. Lots of games. Injuries, suspension & tiredness take their toll. I thought SG would make up to 5 changes yesterday & was wrong. He clearly has pedigree & will doubtless gate game-time. Maybe Wednesday for King, who looks compact, organised & a good talker.

What type of midfielder is King? Who is he similar to?

Genuinely don't know too much about him.

If fit, a good option to start on Wed on that pitch against a team that wll sit in. He is good with goals from midfield so hopefully has a good gola threat from distance against a team that will sit in.

A lot of people trying to make something out of nothing imo.

We only have 18 spaces on a match day squad, we have more than 18 players and a hectic schedule to boot.

It's only natural we'll have players missing out.

A little surprised but no idea how much he played in pre-season? Maybe we are still getting him up to speed with our system? He strikes me as being someone who should be able to slot in quickly though, if he is properly fit, given the higher level he has played at.
There is no higher level than the famous

There's a newspaper headline right there! "EPL title winner unable to earn a starting place at Glasgow Rangers"

Weve ended up signing/having too many players which will be a tricky one for SG to manage as they won’t all be happy. But another result of having of having too many is guys simply wont feature enough to be worth the money we are paying ie King

ANDY KING is hoping his Rangers move can help him win a Wales recall.

The on-loan Leicester midfielder has been out of the squad since being hampered by injury last season.

But he reckons being involved in Rangers Europa League campaign can win him a call-back to the international set-up.

Speaking on the club podcast, he said: "Obviously I know I have got to start playing again regularly.

"I haven't played a competitive game since February so that makes it hard.

"But I'm desperate to get back into that Wales set-up.

'
"I know I can do it. Now I'm fit and playing - especially on European nights that will help my cause.

"Hopefully I'll get back in the squad when the manager thinks I'm ready."

King came off the bench in the closing stages of the Gers win over Feyenoord at Ibrox.

And he insists he expects to dominate most teams in Europe at home.

He added: "I knew I was coming to a good team.

"It's not been a shock to see them dominate teams in Europe.

"But at home, I think we can dominate most teams.

"It's not going to be a place where anyone wants to come."

Really disappointed for Docherty, but it seems clear he’s down the pecking order & wont be making it with us.

Back