Where is Andy King?

As per title.

He is a proven goal scoring midfielder, a premiership winner. Even described as a 'no brainer' of a signing by the manager. He can hardly get near our bench never mind start a game when our midfield offer us very little in atttacking options.

Strange signing

Agreed, bit weird.

No doubt the OP will get hammered for suggesting it though

I am really losing patience watching Arfield.and Ojo being selected every week when both have been very poor.

Arfield is not scoring goals either to justify his spot and looks like he is towing a caravan.

45 mins aside v Feyenoord were he was immense

Leicester obviously don't have the your c rap but you play anyway clause that we indubitably have with Ojo's loan.
:)) You are a new member so you won't know there was a thread on here around about this time regarding Ryan Kent on the same assumption. Look how that's turned out ;)

Squad is far to big and as a result we have to many players not just King regularly not quoted.

Why pay 3 million on Helander for him not to be quoted.

Bizarre signing!
Deserves a game!
Better than, pick any one from three!
Goal scoring midfielder!
Not even in the squad of 18, waste of loan wages!

Then we have a poster who actually sees him pull up in training with a groin injury, giving the reason why he was not involved today. Blasts all the negative posts to pieces. Love it. :))

Get fit soon Andy.

Turning into a bizzare signing.

yeah - was thinking the same. The guy is an exceptional player........ proven, experience, ticks most boxes but can't even get on the bench.
Has something happened on the training ground? Has he said something to upset the management team? Is he injured or carrying an injury?

Not a peep from the club - very unusual.

Not for the first time Arfield has come back, looking knackered, from International duty and has strangely, for me, been thrown straight back into the team !

Sorry to come back on my own post but it underlines the age old debate about Club v Country.

I, for one, don't delight in us having X number of internationals in our squad.

There are Borna, Alfie, Joe, Glenn and Jordan tend who ( are likely ) to come back OK but Scott and Steven given their age and jet lag ( if appropriate ) do/could inevitably return the worse for wear and almost inevitably aren't fit to play any time soon. I won't mention our Albanian international.

Said at the time it was a strange signing. Boy has hardly played in 2 years, wouldnt be surprised to see him back soon and maybe us bringing someone else in Jan

Not the point though is it? If king isn't showing more than them then he doesn't deserve a game.
It’s all well and good doing it in training but these three players I mentioned have been very poor for a number of weeks in the actual games.

King as far as I'm aware has been rehabbing from an injury he picked up on loan last season for most of the summer. Davis barely played football all season and it took him a long time to get into the groove of playing regular first team football again after signing in January. Andy King hasn't been a first pick at Leicester City for years. Playing mostly a diminished bit part squad role. I haven't seen much of Andy King since Leicester won the title and that was 4 seasons ago.

As for those thinking Leicester will be wanting him back due to a lack of game time, this is the final year of his contract with them and Andy King is getting nowhere near Brendan Rodgers first team. The guy is surplus to requirements there. I think he was brought in to be more of a dressing room presence overall, after all he did win the most unlikely title win in recent footballing history. He may have an impact in the games to come. We are about to hit upon a massive run of Fixtures between now and the winter break, our squad is going to be stretched and tested. If he's still firmly out of the picture come the end of December. Then I'll start speculating if he's a waste of a wage or not. It's also worth bearing in mind, the team had won it's last 2 matches 5-0 prior to yesterday's game and it's the first time we've dropped points domestically since the game against the Scum at Ibrox.

Anyone who has ever watched Ryan Jack and Andy King play football wouldn't say they are a like for like switch, not even slightly. Our midfield was static today and at times looked reactive rather than proactive. This thread is completely hoaching with the usual shite that usually comes after dropped points. We are nine games into the season. Three games ago people were questioning why we'd signed Greg Stewart, lo and behold countless people questioning why he wasn't included in today's starting 11 after impressing against Aberdeen and Hamilton.

Why can't people read all the comments before posting? Quite clearly we have @Ulsterscot providing the reason why King was not in the squad yet we continue the hysteria.

Ive noticed this recently that I don’t think many posters actually read every reply on a thread.

Maybe sometimes guilty of that myself on larger threads.

I fail to see why there is such hyperbole around him

He is a safety net who can be burnt off if need be.

He wasn't playing at the club he was at, he wasn't some would be superstar playing each week who has turned into a squad player.

He was a squad player who was never going to get a game he is now a squad player who might on occasion get a game.

He is there as a study, over the course option if we collect injuries and need a player to lean on when we are in a title race - that's smart - he has left us with a higher low water mark than we previously had.

He will likely feature little while one of our kids can go out (McCrorie) and play often

At the end of the season we can %^*& King off, shake hands and we all go back to where we were.

He is little other than this, not playing doesn't make him better than.

I think he will be recalled to Leicester in January being honest. Rodgers will be wanting him to get some game time, not sit on his backside watching from the stands.
I think it’s time Greg was back in the picture again IMO

Rodgers won't a give a %^*& what a 30 year old player who is out of contract in 2020 is doing...

If he was that arsed about his midfield in January his board will likely back him with 10 million plus on a player rather than him getting back a player who is a free agent and going out the door next summer

It’s all well and good doing it in training but these three players I mentioned have been very poor for a number of weeks in the actual games.

Aye.....so what if King is showing up even worse in training?

This is Rangers. Not some two bit mob where we just throw in folk to give them a chance. Our midfield has been very strong in recent weeks. Our results show that.

King didn't exactly set the heather alight during his loan spell last year. He might not be the same player as a few years ago.

Aye.....so what if King is showing up even worse in training?

This is Rangers. Not some two bit mob where we just throw in folk to give them a chance. Our midfield has been very strong in recent weeks. Our results show that.

King didn't exactly set the heather alight during his loan spell last year. He might not be the same player as a few years ago.
Aribo and Kamara haven’t been that great this season it’s only jack and Davis who have been performing well consistently in the midfield.

Aribo and Kamara haven’t been that great this season it’s only jack and Davis who have been performing well consistently in the midfield.

Well our results suggest, strongly, that the midfield hadn't really required any change.

Regardless though- what if King isn't any better? That's the crux of this argument. We can't just give people a game just because. It's like complaining that Docherty isn't a game. The guys before him might not be on form but are still better players than he.

Back