Where to watch the games in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria

luvly_jubbly

Going over with the Mrs for a week and looking for some suggestions on where best to watch the games in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria?

I can see plenty bars showing games but alot are subject to demand so may show other games, any suggestions where possibly other bears watch when over?

The Centro Commercial shopping centre had a Rangers pub when we were there 4-5 years ago. Used to be The Highlander maybe????? Cant remember now. But someone will know. It was on the ground floor

Edited: Not the Europa centre. The big mall near the beach area.

The Centro Commercial shopping centre had a Rangers pub when we were there 4-5 years ago. Used to be The Highlander maybe????? Cant remember now. But someone will know. It was on the ground floor

Edited: Not the Europa centre. The big mall near the beach area.
Thanks mate, According to Facebook the Highlander is shut.

Thanks mate, According to Facebook the Highlander is shut.
Aye it is. It was on the upper level, then moved downstairs iirc. Then someone else took it over and renamed it.

But we also used a bar upstairs (bar 69 I think) next to your local, The Nags Head. They put the games on for us then had the Karaoke. Beware though, there are a couple Bheast FC pubs in that centre.

I was out there last month and The Highlander i was told by a local waiter only opened for the match and closed after it and as i was staying up near the Europa Centre i didn't want to chance coming all the way down to find out it wasn't open. I used a bar in the Eurpoa Centre called The Hideaway (just on the left as you go down the stairs) very Bear friendly,there's a few in there if they're open now will show the game and one specific one Barbacoa which has multiple tellies and one big screen outside but you're not guaranteed volume with them whereas in The Hideaway you will be,they show all the Rangers games.Have fun wish i was still out there now.

As Weebudsbud said they're are quite a few Bheasts bars even a couple in the Europa Centre but i never gave them the time of day,made to feel at home in The Hideaway so was more than happy to give them my dosh and in good company also.:shh:

Aye it is. It was on the upper level, then moved downstairs iirc. Then someone else took it over and renamed it.

But we also used a bar upstairs (bar 69 I think) next to your local, The Nags Head. They put the games on for us then had the Karaoke. Beware though, there are a couple Bheast FC pubs in that centre.
Thanks for the information mate first time heading to GC so fingers crossed its as good as its made out!

As Weebudsbud said they're are quite a few Bheasts bars even a couple in the Europa Centre but i never gave them the time of day,made to feel at home in The Hideaway so was more than happy to give them my dosh and in good company also.:shh:
Thank you very much for the information mate, I will give the hideaway a try I am staying the Eden two minutes away so will pop my head in a few days before to be sure.

The Eden apartments, two seconds from the Europa Centre apparently.
Fck knows where my last reply went?? I stayed in Eden 2 years ago good set of digs and only about 1/2 minutes from the Centre There's a wee alley/lane that runs down the side of the aparments and brings you out at the top of the stairs to the Europa Centre.You and the wife must have a day out in Peurto Mogan,take the ferry taxi from the harbour (about 30 min sail) you will love it,i won't say to much about it as you will probably thank me later.B-D Guaranteed you will have a good time out there enjoy your holiday....Bastards!!;):))

Last edited:
Not everywhere was open last month due to the covid shite but if when you're eating out if you don't see what you want on the menu just ask them as they can't do enough for you they're desperate for custom as the place is not as chocka as it usually is due to the pandemic,you will still have a ball,enjoy pal.

Was a great wee bar back in the day, maybe 20 odd years ago when it was downstairs, then moved upstairs and wasn't as good then back down again.

Thank you very much for the information mate, I will give the hideaway a try I am staying the Eden two minutes away so will pop my head in a few days before to be sure.
Eden is a couple of minutes away from Europa centre right enough, nice wee area.
There is a bar downstairs, if still there called Extreemz or something, big guy that owns it, maybe Russ, is a Spurs fan who likes the Rangers and hates the beggars, good shout in there for later on mate.

Eden is a couple of minutes away from Europa centre right enough, nice wee area.
There is a bar downstairs, if still there called Extreemz or something, big guy that owns it, maybe Russ, is a Spurs fan who likes the Rangers and hates the beggars, good shout in there for later on mate.
Great bar as well mate, the boy has good patter and as you say, hates the beggars

Going over with the Mrs for a week and looking for some suggestions on where best to watch the games in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria?

I can see plenty bars showing games but alot are subject to demand so may show other games, any suggestions where possibly other bears watch when over?
We use to go the Highander down at the Centro Comercial, but don't know if it's still there as we haven’t been for 15 years

Fck knows where my last reply went?? I stayed in Eden 2 years ago good set of digs and only about 1/2 minutes from the Centre There's a wee alley/lane that runs down the side of the aparments and brings you out at the top of the stairs to the Europa Centre.You and the wife must have a day out in Peurto Mogan,take the ferry taxi from the harbour (about 30 min sail) you will love it,i won't say to much about it as you will probably thank me later.B-D Guaranteed you will have a good time out there enjoy your holiday....Bastards!!;):))
Thank you again mate absolute gentleman. We have never been to GC before so looking forward to it. Did you ever walk down to the Commerical Centre? Everyone seems to think this is a nightmare walk?

Thank you again mate absolute gentleman. We have never been to GC before so looking forward to it. Did you ever walk down to the Commerical Centre? Everyone seems to think this is a nightmare walk?
The only good thing about it is it's all downhill still take you about 15-20 minutes though (you'll see what i mean when you get there) but it's doable,coming back up unless you've got the lungs of Mo Farrah or similar get a fkn taxi,only costs a few euros,save your breath for the bedroom!!;)

Last edited:
Walk down get taxi back. Went when a was about 12/13. 2nd day there Rangers were playing me and my da walked down to the Highlander watched the game then after it said we would walk back ended up going up the wrong hill as we had no idea the name of the place we were staying.

The Thistle replaced The Highlander in the main shopping centre, The thistle just closed but they are taking over the old Linekers right at the front of the shopping centre and should be open in a few weeks.

As mentioned The 69 bar 2 at the back of the main centre beside The Pub and VIP pizza will put the games on. Extremez and The Hideaway up at the Europa will also have the games.

I’ve stayed at the very top and walked down to beach, past shopping centre, and then back up every day. No problem at all if you’re healthy.

Go to the Red Cow mate. Not a Gers pub as such but shows all our games and very Bear friendly

Took your advice and spent the day in peurto mogan today, absolutely fantastic place, on a par with Puerto banus would certainly return

Sorry for the bump but is there any Rangers bars in Puerto Rico showing the game on Sunday. Is the highlander still open? Have a family member asking me.

The Bonnie Scot will definitely have it on, it's a funny place to find but If you stand at the McDonalds serving window and look up to the left you will see a Saltire. It's up there, Rachel and John will see then alright, and a cracking pinto Tropical for 2euro as well.

Hideaway is no longer up in the Europa, it is now located in the main centre, head towards the back and it will be up on the left beside Sixty-nine. It has taken over The Harp which is very welcome, big Russ is a great guy but if there is another game that clashes with the Rangers there will be no commentary for the good guys.

Hideaway is no longer up in the Europa, it is now located in the main centre, head towards the back and it will be up on the left beside Sixty-nine. It has taken over The Harp which is very welcome, big Russ is a great guy but if there is another game that clashes with the Rangers there will be no commentary for the good guys.
Your thinking of Extreeemz. Big Russell is a good friend of mine, a Spurs man to the core but certainly has a very soft spot for the Rangers.

Think Hideaway is still in the same spot in the Europa. (It was still there last July)

I’m in Puerto Rico now, undecided whether to watch the game in Xtreeme or Bonnie Scot.
I’ll venture into both tomorrow at some point.

I'm in Maspalomas for the hibs game, anyone watched a game there?

Never been before

Back