Where was Balogun?

Robert California

Sorry if I missed it, but any confirmation on his absence?

Was out for two months, and played most of game v Stirling Albion, replaced by King, but I assumed it was just to get King on pitch

Good question.

I’d be wanting him to start at The Piggery.
Either he or Souttar needs to start IMO assuming Helander won’t be ready.

Scum will be playing Giakoumakis and we need a defender who can handle the aerial battle. Bassey let’s too many balls bounce and whilst he is improving in the air, I’d prefer the commanding defending of Souttar or Balogun.

I heard he picked up a knock last Friday which is why he was replaced. Our injury problems seem to be never ending and the length of time it takes to get them back fit again is worse.

Sorry if I missed it, but any confirmation on his absence?

Was out for two months, and played most of game v Stirling Albion, replaced by King, but I assumed it was just to get King on pitch
Yeah seems a strange one, I’m guessing this means that Bassey will start at Ross County and at Parkhead.

Balogun injured again and Helander still working way back we could probably do with pushing through Souttar. Given Hearts have a few defenders injured after tonight it may have become more difficult

Not seen anything to suggest he was injured but Gio mentioned looking at games ahead so its more likely hes been rested with a view to RC or Celt!c?

The fact that both Simpson and King were ahead of him in on the bench though, made me think it was more of an injury issue.

He is absolutely key for the piggery.

Bassey has done very well, but folk have to remember, that he's a young left back, who's been standing in as a central defender.

Back