Where was it won?

The difference was that every time they dropped points we got a win. The complete opposite had happened in previous years. The pressure of them knowing we would win every game broke them

Few games that have already been mentioned were crucial
Motherwell at home
Beggars at home
Hibs away in January
Beating them 2-0 in October- I think if they had won that game they would have went two points clear with a game in hand
Killie away

The game I knew we were winning it wasn’t one of ours though, it was the game after they came back from their Dubai fiasco.
Went 1-0 up with 5 mins to go and then conceded in the last minute to draw 1-1. That hadn’t happened in recent years. I knew then they didn’t have the mentality or confidence to stop us, even if we did have a wobble. We never did and they continued to be a shambles. B-D

For me the "we are going to do it" moment was Hibs in January. But this is subjective, there were clear milestones before and after that game. But I remember putting some pots in the dishwasher and thinking yes!

The 2 nil game in their own midden broke them. Although they weren't performing great they were still winning all their games up till that point. They fell apart after it.

The league was over when we beat them in the New Year game at Ibrox.

I also think them having to play catch up to us with the 2 games in hand due to their Covid issues at the start of the season was a big mental barrier as well. We were always in front and able to exert pressure on them. The first bit of real pressure they have been under since we returned to the top flight and they crumbled.

Alfredo slapping baldy on the back of his napper was when I knew we had the correct attitude and we would get them.

When we won at Easter Road I knew it was 100% done.
Before then there was always the nagging doubt that we could hit a bit of a blip like previous seasons.

When we beat Motherwell after being one down I did think it was going to be our season.

Motherwell at Ibrox in December.

Winning that game, having been a goal down for 70 odd minutes following the defeat to St Mirren during the week, was massive.
This, with hindsight, was the defining game for me, although at the time I still suffered from the scar tissue of the previous 2 seasons. Didn’t really let myself go full celebration until Hibs away at the end of January. The scum had drawn three in a row and our healthy lead was now way beyond them!

For me the day they handed them the title. The club, management team, players, supporters all came together at that point and for me there was only one outcome. That and many moments but the comeback against Motherwell was massive.

3-1 Motherwell for what it did for us. 1-0 New Years win for what it did to them.

After the 3-1 game it didn't matter what happened, you could tell we had the bit between the teeth and were never letting this season go. The 1-0 win was what caused their almighty collapse, it broke them.

Not a single moment. After drawing 2-2 at Easter Road in September they thought we were going to crumble.

Instead we went on a run of 15 straight wins which broke the back of them.

Motherwell at home was the first time I genuinely felt we were way ahead of last season mentally.

I wasn't happy until the 1-0 Livingston win though!

There were a number of “tests” that we had fallen down on in the previous couple of seasons... coming away from Pittodrie, Easter Road & Rugby Park in particular without defeat was vital.

Going to the Piggery and winning easily in October, especially after the shenanigans to get home supporters into the ground, was vital.
Beating Celtic at the turn of the year was important as well.

That Motherwell result at Ibrox in December was a real turning point though... facing dropped points but turning it around late on showed that we had turned a corner mentally.

Overall, the mentality was just different, more focussed this season. Last year, one or two players having a bad game seemed to give permission to everyone else to chuck it. This season, everyone else digs a bit deeper, and that catapulted us towards the finishing line in March... an incredibly early point at which to clinch the title.

For me it was the 0-2 game against them the game they pushed back for their benefit. We had built up a good head of steam but that game burst them, the way we played, their 'no shots on target' and gave us overflowing confidence that we should fear no one and kicked us on to our sticky time at Xmas

Winning 2-0 at the Piggery was massive. If we had lost that day we could have been 5 points worse off than them.

Motherwell 3-1 at Ibrox was another big win after losing in the League Cup during the week.

The victories at Easter Road & Pittodrie in January were also huge as we were fearing another capitulation.

Season opener v sheep is a good marker to put down
First game v them, easy there is no other word to describe that game
Motherwell when 1 down,

but I think the game that really knocked the stuffing out of them was the 1-0 at Ibrox, we were terrible and never managed a shot at goal and they still couldn’t lay a glove on us

Like most folk, the Motherwell game at Ibrox was when I thought this season was different.

Not convinced we would have won that had fans been in.

As for being certain? The win at Easter Road.

There was no way back for the tramp after the 1-0 New Year game. That was their last chance saloon and they knew it. After that the inevitability of it all was plain to see as the rattlers staggered from one disaster to another sinking without trace by the pressure we applied.

One single moment was McGregors save from the thumb, had they got a win that day the swing would have put us under severe pressure.
Like most others, the day I saw something different and something we had lacked previously was the 3-1 Motherwell game, when we got the 3rd I actually knew we had a team capable, we hadn't done it but I knew we were capable. That was the first tear of the season, remember wife saying "you're actually crying" then it was every week and now fecking typing this I'm away again.
Tomorrow I might just sit in the hut and greet for hours on end.

Hivs away in jan is when i really knew!
From that point on I can just sit back and relax and watch the meltdown from across the city with great delight.

Beating ten men behind the ball Motherwell was a big result, but beating the filth in the second OF game really sunk them, I knew after that result we had them beaten.

I think if we're all honest, we worried about the until now traditional New Year-ish blip, so for me the narrow win v Hibs and the 3-1 v Motherwell when they scored early. Throw in beating the scum just after, despite not playing anywhere near our best, and that for me was what won it.
On the contrary, the idea that we'd suddenly tank just because it was January while the filth morphed into Pep's Barcelona was absolutely barking.

The fact you've described it as "traditional" shows how hysterical it was.
It happened twice!

On the contrary, the idea that we'd suddenly tank just because it was January while the filth morphed into Pep's Barcelona was absolutely barking.

The fact you've described it as "traditional" shows how hysterical it was.
It happened twice!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing though, up until December we'd been pretty free flowing and dismantling teams by 3, 4 and 5. A narrow win against Hibs, out the League Cup to St Mirren and 1-0 down with 20 odd to go v Motherwell, if at least a tiny part of you wasn't thinking 'here we go again', then I can only admire your cast iron constitution!
Anyway, regardless of whether anyone was right to think it or not, in terms of the OP I still think those were the games that set us up for the title more than many others. In truth though, every game has rammed home our superiority.

IMHO - there was no defining game .

But, the 2-0 win at Parkhead threw down the marker for the remainder of the season -

When I first saw the fixtures for December and January I thought we were in trouble. The way we performed during that destroyed them, but even if they had kept it together we still would have won it given our form. If I was forced to pick a game it would be the Motherwell 3-1. Coming back so late on was confirmation we were up for it. Close second was beating them at new year. An absolute body blow. I think we all started to believe we could do it after that. Can remember David Edgar's post match report and thinking we could actually do this. After 10-years that was big moment.

For me, beating them at Ibrox on January 2nd and then winning up at Aberdeen the following week were big big results for us. Also have to include the midweek win at Easter Road at the end of the month as well.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though, up until December we'd been pretty free flowing and dismantling teams by 3, 4 and 5. A narrow win against Hibs, out the League Cup to St Mirren and 1-0 down with 20 odd to go v Motherwell, if at least a tiny part of you wasn't thinking 'here we go again', then I can only admire your cast iron constitution!
Anyway, regardless of whether anyone was right to think it or not, in terms of the OP I still think those were the games that set us up for the title more than many others. In truth though, every game has rammed home our superiority.
It wasn't hindsight though, it's exactly what I was saying on here back in December/January.

People were building the filth up to be this mythical unbeatable team while simultaneously trying to convince us Rangers were a team of shitebags, everything we were witnessing was the complete opposite.
Even your own post confirms this "a narrow win against Hibs, beating Motherwell having been 0-1 with 20 minutes to play". The key thing being that we won those games.

As I said back then, I genuinely don't get what anyone is seeing in our performances, or those of the filth, to make them think we won't win the league.

It wasn't trying to be staunch or brave, it was simply based on what we were watching from one game to the next.

It wasn't hindsight though, it's exactly what I was saying on here back in December/January.

People were building the filth up to be this mythical unbeatable team while simultaneously trying to convince us Rangers were a team of shitebags, everything we were witnessing was the complete opposite.
Even your own post confirms this "a narrow win against Hibs, beating Motherwell having been 0-1 with 20 minutes to play". The key thing being that we won those games.

As I said back then, I genuinely don't get what anyone is seeing in our performances, or those of the filth, to make them think we won't win the league.

It wasn't trying to be staunch or brave, it was simply based on what we were watching from one game to the next.
Wasn't aware of your posting history, but fair play you called it right.

I know the 'fear' wasn't based on any particular logic, just 9 years of hurt and wanting something so much that the thought of not getting it was unbearable!

Plus even though the scum were and are terrible, let nobody forget that for the outlay they had on that team, on top of years of success, they SHOULD have been performing much better and clicked at some point.

Anyway, enjoy the party tomorrow mate!

Don't know if its when we won it but when the bheasts got battered 8-2 by The Prague Electrical Company XI I had a massive feeling of 'is this what we are worried about?' For me that was the game changer. After that it was only ours to lose.

Beating Motherwell 3-1 at home when we were 0-1 down with 75 mins played.
The score says different but we won ugly. Rolled up our sleeves and got into a battle. Its all about momentum and if we had lost or drawn we would have lost that momentum.
That for me was a moment that I thought...we might just do this.

Agreed, this one was massive. On the back of getting knocked out of the League Cup, 0-1 down for most of the first half and a good chunk of the second. Really showed the mentality.

Apart from that, I think the way we dominated the first OF game at Sharkheid really sent a message to them.

2-0 game with Goldson double, they never recovered from it.
I never doubted we would win it from that day on.

In saying that, I’m not the best judge given that there’s not been a single season since I started going to Ibrox in 1981 that I haven’t been completely convinced we would win the league before a ball was kicked!

Beating Motherwell 3-1 at home when we were 0-1 down with 75 mins played.
The score says different but we won ugly. Rolled up our sleeves and got into a battle. Its all about momentum and if we had lost or drawn we would have lost that momentum.
That for me was a moment that I thought...we might just do this.

I celebrated the goals against Motherwell as much as I do goals against them. I’d be inclined to agree.

Last edited:
Motherwell at Ibrox in December.

Winning that game, having been a goal down for 70 odd minutes following the defeat to St Mirren during the week, was massive.
Absolutely. This showed the mental character of the team. Coming back to win after being behind for so long showed that we didn't rest on that St Mirren defeat. The players put it out of their minds and got the result

Malaga.

They had no chance once we could stretch a points advantage while they were out of action due to Bolingoli's jaunt. It was over from that point on. They never pegged it back, and we kept winning.

Was win wherever Dave King had the idea of appointing Steven Gerrard.

Tomorrow is going to be a wee bit emotional. We have had so many days of hurt and false dawns. Tomorrow we lift the trophy some that started this Journey aren’t here to see it.

But while there are many different people with many different views that support Rangers no other club in the world would have had the support we have shown through all the shite.

To all our haters who tried to bury us, to the muppets in the media that gloated over every aspect of our troubles tomorrow is the sweetest revenge of all.

I intend to savour it. And the countless others that will follow as sure as day follows night.

In my view leagues are normally won before a ball is kicked, over 90 mins ‘luck’ can have a massive influence on the outcome especially because football is such a low scoring game but over the course of 38 matches it’s the team with the best management/players/tactics that will win.

So our league win was probably more to do with all the hard-work and time we as a club (fans included) have put in before Aug but ignoring all that. What was the game, couple of results, or month when it was won?

The months of Dec or Jan would be in with a strong shout, their game against hibs post Dubai seems significant as when they recognised it was done but for me the way we won the first OF game was most significant.

To go away from home, have that amount of control and win so comfortably, it started, and with hindsight probably ended, their hopes. They would’ve had to have sacked lennon the very next day and take a punt on someone else to have any hope.

The nerves of the games before that first OF was unreal, every game was like an OF or Fiorentina away stress levels. The lows of Livi and Hibs draws seem like years ago, still can’t believe this of all seasons was so comfortable.

I don’t want the season to end to be honest.
You nailed it. Lockdown sped up the impact of us having a professional coaching team whilst they had a lazy alcoholic neanderthal with no ablity to delegate and an aversion to modern methods and technology.

In terms of games - them losing to St.Mirren just removed the last dregs of their former winning mentality. For us the first Old Firm game wasn't just a win, schooling them in their own backyard was a belief multiplier.

Very good question - for me it was Hibs away when Alfie scored the winner - It was the last of our very difficult January run, something we have clearly struggled with in the past and I hate to mention it but they were in complete disaray at that point and I think we finally realised they weren't a good team on a rocky patch (like they all believed) and that they were infact a bad team.
I think this game as well, I started to feel quietly confident after that one

Back