Where was Katic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Katic,a fans favourite, isn’t selected but it brings us the right results then us as fans can’t have any gripes with the decision.
It’s unfortunate on the big man as he’s had a decent start to the season.

Team lines on Sunday will reveal whether there is anything sinister about Katic’s absence

There maybe something sinister as Katic not even on the bench but Edmundson is.

Hold my hands up and admit to being a fan of Katic. I will agree he did not have his best game against Celtic but then neither did Goldson. Most fans would agree that up to the Celtic game Katic was our best performing CB, so much so that in an interview after the Legia game, which was only 3 days prior to Celtic game, SG was effusive in his praise of Katic.

A manager has the right to manage his side, select who he wants but in saying that, he also has to do it in a way that is seen as fair and justifiable, otherwise he might start to lose the dressing room. None of us know why Katic has been excluded from the last two squads but the fact that his omission has not been addressed leaves it open to speculation which is not a good thing.

However more than anything I want Rangers to win. I may still be a little peeved that IMHO Katic, like last season, has been dropped unfairly, but results speak for themselves. If Goldson and Helander become a dominant and succesful partnership I ain't going to complain, winning is everything.

It's the fact he's not even made the bench for both games that is a cause for concern. Him making way for Helander wasn't a surprise to most people but I'm sure most of us would have expected him to at least make the bench if that happened.

All of a sudden Edmundson is above Katic in the pecking order?

Katic is pretty unlucky, has a back game and the gaffer bombs him out. Goldson doesn’t get the same treatment.
Hopefully it’s just a rotation

Gerrard really doesnt seem keen on Katic unfortunately.

The slightest thing and he is completely dropped, yet others get off with alot more mistakes. Does seem very strange
For all he said it wasn’t personal it does seem very strange as though he can’t wait for the chance to drop him .

It worries me that we run the risk of losing Katic for pennies because hes had a fallen out with the manager.
You must be a hoot on a night out. Do you fear crossing the road incase you get run down by a car, probably already imagined someone waiting for you to cross so he can hit you. Just as you have imagined that he's had a fall out with the Gaffer, when the Gerrard CLEARLY explained in his interview that he and nobody else was dropped or out of favour, he was out of the squad for one game, the manager explained exactly why, because he wanted to go with experience, and it worked. Some people really are just miserable f****

Gerrard really doesnt seem keen on Katic unfortunately.

The slightest thing and he is completely dropped, yet others get off with alot more mistakes. Does seem very strange
Some on here just make up shite and ignore things the Manager has clearly said to have a moan it's rediculous. He was dropped cos he was shite last time out and it was time for Helander to come in. He choose Goldson as he clearly said in the interview when asked the very question because he went for experience, it worked.

Did you these comments on him interview as well, or just selective reading / listening?

“I think he is moving along very quickly, he has come back in such a positive frame of mind after a really strong tournament with Croatia Under 21s in the summer,” Gerrard told reporters.
“He has taken his form into the new season and that is probably a reason why I haven’t been able to introduce Filip Helander at the moment.”

Also:
"I love him, he's mine"

Also:
‘You know out there that one goal against could be so damaging to the team. Niko was in the way of everything, he passed sensibly and positionally he was spot-on. Everything that was in his way, he just flattened it. ‘There were a lot of big performances tonight but if I was pushed in one direction I would probably give Niko man of the match.’

But naw, let's be a Negative Nancy and make up shite to have a moan, he was dropped for a reason, the Manager explained why, he will be back in the team for the right match, we have 4 good centre backs. We won for christ sake.

You must be a hoot on a night out. Do you fear crossing the road incase you get run down by a car, probably already imagined someone waiting for you to cross so he can hit you. Just as you have imagined that he's had a fall out with the Gaffer, when the Gerrard CLEARLY explained in his interview that he and nobody else was dropped or out of favour, he was out of the squad for one game, the manager explained exactly why, because he wanted to go with experience, and it worked. Some people really are just miserable f****
Katic has been our best centre half this season and has been dropped from two squads, not just the starting 11 so i find this highly suspicious.

You expect SG to come out and tell the press what actually happened? You prob believed SG when he said we were not getting Kent? Stop being such a gullible fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back