Where we where, where we are going

I truly believe that whatever the starting XI will be it will be the best Xi for that particular match. We have a squad that if we had Two teams with the players we have this season in the spl one of the team would finish 1st place and the other in 2nd.

The key to the whole situation is "Man Management".
Before I became a Manager I had a few in Managers in charge of me that were absolute Planks and I would do what was asked of me and nothing more.
The ones who were great Managers, then I would have sweated blood for these guys to ensure the job was done and completed on time. I took those good and bad experiences into Management and I can honestly say I had guys who treated me with great respect and would do anything I needed them to do without question.
I would always have their back and would never slate them in front of other Manager or their peers.
If I had to give them a kick up the arse, I would do it in private and ensure the guy left the meeting with his dignity intact.
They also saw that I was capable of carrying out any job and if there was a dangerous risk of injury,then I would step up and do the Job.
I think/ know thats how the players that Stevie Gerrard has brought in have responded, positively and that they would run through brick walls for him to succeed. He has their respect100%. and vice versa.

Back