Where will Gio's next job be?

GVB is not a bad manager, he just got unlucky with injuries and having to work with people who gave him poor advice on what players we signed in the summer.

If we had the right people who could have given him better transfer advice in the summer he would probably still be manager.

This horseshoe patter is honking! People forget Gerrards side was even worse for that.

Good luck to the guy, would get a job in most leagues across Europe for his achievements in the EL and winning the Cup. His level probably isn't a team expected to win every game in every competition. More than capable tactician.

Some mid table team, an underdog type team where theres not constant pressure would maybe suit him

Reactions: VGM
He's only been out of work a short time but has he been linked to any clubs yet?

Although he was sacked, there's got to be some decent teams who will look at his European record and take notice you would think.
What European record.

The one you are hanging onto or what we have witnessed this season?

I doubt any team with serious ambitions to better themselves and make a mark in Europe will be looking at him, certainly not if they've tracked him domestically as well.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if in 10 years' time Gio will have led the Dutch national squad to a Euro or World final.

Technical Director with the Dutch FA and assistant to Koeman at some point.

I reckon he might even succeed Koeman in that job.

He's only been out of work a short time but has he been linked to any clubs yet?

Although he was sacked, there's got to be some decent teams who will look at his European record and take notice you would think.
Agree. A lot of clubs will have surely taken note of our results in Europe last season and our CL qualification this season, though obviously the group stage did him no favours. I'm sure he'll claim mitigating circumstances regarding injuries for that tho. Throw in the Scottish Cup win and I think, if anything, his reputation will be intact, possibly even enhanced, on the continent over the past year. I wish him well.

He was tipped to take over after the World Cup as national boss earlier this week.

He’s not a manager, certainly not at a big club under scrutiny and pressure. Good guy and would probably make an excellent no2 but cannot control a dressing room.

Probably a kick away from being a decent enough manager though, had we won the Europa League things may have been different.

Led a club from the barely professional Scottish league to Europa league final. You might be surprised.
If they're that clued up on the barely professional Scottish league they'll also note that he lost the league last season from a position of strength and was an also ran just three months in the barely professional Scottish league this term.

He’s not a manager, certainly not at a big club under scrutiny and pressure. Good guy and would probably make an excellent no2 but cannot control a dressing room.

Probably a kick away from being a decent manager though, had we won the Europa League things may have been different.

I just think the way he wants to play isn't suited to the Scottish league. As much as I love build up play at times it needs to be direct and fast.

Hope he gets a decent job next - think he will. Has he put a statement out since Monday? Not seen any and thought it was a bit strange and the fact that Tav etc hasn’t said anything on social media. Really feel for him though it was the right decision.

He also gave us the worst night in our clubs history and the worst campaign in champions league history.
Did you really expect Rangers to get anything from that CL group that we were in, taking into account the overall quality of players we have compared to Napoli, Liverpool,Ajax. You're being naive if you think we would

Did you really expect Rangers to get anything from that CL group that we were in, taking into account the overall quality of players we have compared to Napoli, Liverpool,Ajax. You're being naive if you think we would
No but I also didn’t think we would go down in history as the worst ever team to grace the Champions League. There has been plenty of smaller teams in difficult groups over the years yet we managed to outdo them all.

He ain't a bad manager. Like nearly all managers, he is stubborn, and his tactics are totally unsuited to the way Rangers need to play domestically.

No but I also didn’t think we would go down in history as the worst ever team to grace the Champions League. There has been plenty of smaller teams in difficult groups over the years yet we managed to outdo them all.
We've failed in what appeared weaker groups than that under other managers and that group is arguably our hardest ever in the CL. Other teams aren't my concern, as a club we were not near the level of the teams in that group.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of him. He can be proud of what he did here without being backed. 50% record in domestic trophies. A European final and qualification for the Champions League. He wasnt ruthless enough for me - but there are an abundance of managers out there who could never have done that.

Rangers wasn’t the right fit for him in the end but he wouldn’t have got us within a kick of the Europa League if he was a complete dud.

To an outsider the obvious achievements he can point to are the EL run, winning the SC and taking us to the CL for the first time in over a decade. We may be second at the moment, but given Celtic have won 10 of the last 11 league titles I don’t think many foreign chairmen will hold that against him.

He is very well respected within the game and will certainly have offers.

Could see a lower half Bundesliga or La Liga team being an option for him.
Those achievements in twelve calendar months are really quite something.

Anyone seeking assurances he has something about him managerially will also remember he won the Eredivisie and Dutch Cup during his time with Feyenoord.

He’s far from the complete dud many on here were at pains to portray him as.

A lack of funds, an horrendous injury catalogue, poor recruitment and an opposition able to outspend us are readymade excuses many a chairman will swallow up as reasons it didn’t work out.

He’ll be fine.

Could replace Southgate at England and no one would no the difference
XyC8Nn1.gif

It’s obvious some of the comments on this thread are very much tongue in cheek, my McDonald’s one included.

However, there’s a few self righteous prats that fly out the woodwork for ‘likes’

What makes you think that?
(Not meant as a dig or anything, just curious)

two things that have been very clear during his time with us are:
- he relies heavily on individual talent as opposed to a system
- he has ability to massively influence games with tactical changes

given how little time international managers get with their players, I think those two characteristics go hand in hand with international football

Back