Where would we finish in the English Premiership?

Where do we finish?

• 1-4

Votes: 52 5.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 40 4.2%
  • 7-10

Votes: 189 19.9%
  • 11-14

Votes: 319 33.5%
  • 15-17

Votes: 225 23.7%
  • Relegated

Votes: 126 13.2%

• Total voters
Would take a couple of years but top 4 would not be out of our reach.
A couple of years!!. It would take at least a decade to become a top four team on a regular basis. I think people should realise that whilst we would be buying the same applies to Chelsea, Man Utd, Leicester, Wolves City, Liverpool and the rest of the EPL clubs. It's not as straightforward as many are suggesting.

Without the blue tinted specs on I think over a long season we would struggle at the moment, we would be more than capable of giving most teams a right good game, but our struggles post Xmas the past 2 seasons would see us at the lower end of the league, given time I have no doubt we would do well, but we wouldn't get European football for a number of years.

Can you imagine the transfer thread on here if we moved to the premiership and made no signings.

Its a pointless question, in the very rare event we move to the premiership we are going to spend £100m+ on upgrades

I think we’d be down around 13-16th. Our main problem in Scotland is failing to be flat track bullies against cannon fodder. Whereas in England most of our matches would be similar to our Europa League games where our compact hard-to-beat style would see chip away enough points to survive, not dissimilar to how Burnley and Palace comfortably avoid relegation. Despite the table in Scotland I reckon Celtic would struggle more as their open, overloading style would leave them exposed on the break, and the likes of Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa have all suffered from that problem.

We have some deluded fans it seems, with this current squad in the form they was we'd struggle to stay up, yeah there's some so called shite in the EPL but they are still way better than us at the moment, time to peel of those blue tinted specs and look at it in "reality vision".

So hope we get it together this season and some of the chancers step up and live the dream...

I saw the much lauded Wolves twice field a full strength side against Braga and fail to beat them.

We beat them at Ibrox, totally outplayed them in Portugal and that was through a spell when we were playing our poorest football of the season.

It seems fashionable for some to bum up the EPL, whilst belittling our own achievements.

Not even a remote chance we'd get relegated.

Mid to lower mid table, comfortably.

With a bit of luck we’d just avoid relegation top 10 is a pipe dream, it’s easy to look at performances against European opponents but we’ve also had performances against hearts, accies and Aberdeen which show we aren’t a top 10 premier league squad.

With the current squad, in a relegation battle.

With access to the EPL millions, who knows.

That is why I hate this ‘debate’ and also the ignorant English who look at it the other way - “Burnley would win the Scottish league easily” - yeah try doing it without 90% of your squad as you can no longer afford them.

It would take us a few yr to acclimatize to the epl.. the football is faster, more skilful.. and basically harder... so i put 12 -14.. we would need better players than we have today.. n most areas.. if not all

As things are currently - lower to mid table at best.

After a few years of the TV money etc then I'd expect top 6 at the very least.

With our current squad, relegation. With TV and sponsorship money, we’d end up a top 8 side.

Really depends how wisely you spend the money. Some teams spend £100m+ in the summer and manage to go backwards.

Sheff Utd fans probably expected to get relegated and they have done exceptionally well and have a chance of European football next season.

Current squad would struggle in the championship , so if we were in the EPL wed be getting relegated.

on a level playing field with the riches on offer we'd be competing for the title

This present team would struggle but if we had the budget EPL teams have we would have a higher standard of player.

Probably just above the relegation zone first time of asking. Hopefully we’d improve as the money started to flow.

Last edited:
Wow some optimism on this thread! Compare our wage bill to even the lowest in the EPL and it's clear anything other than relegation would be a miracle. Same applies to dhims. Yes after a few years with EPL money we could rise up the table but with current squad we would struggle.

A bit of a de-rail, but who would be kept if we had the money the EPL has?
Shagger, Hagi, Alfie, Jack, Kent?

Struggling with my own question ...

We would be bottom five and like villa.

Really depends how wisely you spend the money. Some teams spend £100m+ in the summer and manage to go backwards.

Sheff Utd fans probably expected to get relegated and they have done exceptionally well and have a chance of European football next season.
Very fair point.

Wow some optimism on this thread! Compare our wage bill to even the lowest in the EPL and it's clear anything other than relegation would be a miracle. Same applies to dhims. Yes after a few years with EPL money we could rise up the table but with current squad we would struggle.

Wigan, Bolton, Bournemouth all small sides came up and done well in their first season in the EPL.

Did anyone foresee Sheff Utd finishing above last seasons CL runners up?

These threads are never easy to answer.

The existing side would struggle to just stay in the EPL, but simply by virtue of being there we would have access to Sky’s billions so would be able to attract far better players, therefore we could be much higher up the table.

At the same time though, why is it smaller clubs like Burnley and Bournemouth have done comparatively well, but bigger, more illustrious ones like Newcastle, Everton and Aston Villa haven’t?

Unless we were taken over by genuine billionaires looking to make us a real EPL powerhouse we’d likely just be there to make up the numbers.

It’s part of the reason I’m never convinced by the frequent demands to join the the English set up.

Current squad, 15th to 17th, but with money generated from TV , we would attract much better standard and improve each season
Rangers and Celtic would challenge for titles within 5 years with investment and brand marketing.
Right now? Bottom 8.

Right now, if our investors put a bit in ahead of time or brought on new investment? We'd be challenging for Europe pretty quickly.

Feel like we're a much better team than the bottom 3/4 teams, but really anywhere from 9th to 18th in that league is a bit of a crapshoot in terms of quality. Voted 11-14th but really anywhere from 16th to 9th would be in play.

With our current squad I fear we would be in a relegation battle and quite likely relegated.
Rangers rejects. Hibs also rans are keeping clubs up and seeing relegation fodder not humiliated.
We'd stay up.

You'd need to be brain damaged to think 13-17 in the premiership would brush aside Porto, Feyenoord, Braga, Marseille, Legia Warsaw, amongst others.
We'd stay up, it wouldn't be pretty or comfortable, but we'd not be going down.

Struggle above relegation first season ,then the big money/ sponsor comes in,nobody will want to come to fortress Ibrox.Increased capacity.top referees, Champions League every season
I can But dream,and yes I was at Berwick.

In my opinion, with access to EPL finances and big-money investment, Rangers would be challenging, quickly, at the top end of the table.

Everything at the club (history, mindset, ambition, commitment to excellence/quality in all aspects of the club, work ethic) is geared to make a challenge like that happen.

Rangers are hamstrung by the Scottish environment. It is my dream one day that the club can compete in a stronger league -- my preference being progression through the English divisions. For the time being though, I feel the club should focus on becoming the dominant force in Scotland once again.

Last edited:
First season would be about avoiding relegation, which I think we could do quite comfortably. Then the TV money would kick in I imagine and hope it gets invested in the squad wisely.

To actually try and win it then you'd need billionaire backers to get to that level.

I think our current squad squad would finish lower half of the table, but above the relegation zone. We'd take a few thumping's, but we'd take a few scalps, especially at Ibrox.
Within a few years we'd be up there challenging for a top 6 place or better.. Rangers in the EPL, given the money that goes with it, would be a major attraction to top players.
Unlikely to happen in my lifetime sadly.

Genuinely believe we would finish in the top 8. We are a far better side against teams that want to play football. Our biggest problem is breaking down packed defences. Then with the TV money down there and our support the sky would be the limit.

Relegated or just above . Mid table eventually after years trying to catch up . Would be great to play teams who set out to win against us instead of 10 men behind the ball. Most games outcome would be 50/50 .only downside would be no European games.

Glad op never asked where we might finish in the German league would have posters on giving it .techincal tactical.... du gehst mir auf den keks.... last with 0 points possibly going all season without scoring a goal.

Glad op never asked where we might finish in the German league would have posters on giving it .techincal tactical.... du gehst mir auf den keks.... last with 0 points possibly going all season without scoring a goal.

Fighting it out with Chelsea for bottom spot, judging by the way Bayern pished all over them.

Don’t think we would be bad enough to be relegated but anyone thinking we would finish top 10 has a lot of magic inside their heads and need to give it a wobble.

Current squad, no higher than 15th.

With the TV/Sponsorship Money we’d receive, we’d have a squad that would be competing for top 4 within two seasons

Don’t think we would be bad enough to be relegated but anyone thinking we would finish top 10 has a lot of magic inside their heads and need to give it a wobble.

Burnley, Sheffield Utd are in the top 10.

Additional revenue aligned to more tempered expectation, who knows?

Top 10 imo. Do you Teams like Sheffield united are capable of having the run in Europe that we have done this year or beat the teams we have?? Plus the teams wouldn't be sitting in with 2747373 men behind the ball.

Burnley, Sheffield Utd are in the top 10.

Additional revenue aligned to more tempered expectation, who knows?

Sheffield would beat us though all day long. I’d fancy our chances at home against plenty of sides but away from home we could struggle. Still, it’s a bit of a pipe dream anyway! The proof would be in the pudding of course but it’s one that’s not likely to reach the table.

Back