Where would we finish in the English Premiership?

Where do we finish?

• 1-4

Votes: 52 5.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 40 4.2%
  • 7-10

Votes: 189 19.9%
  • 11-14

Votes: 319 33.5%
  • 15-17

Votes: 225 23.7%
  • Relegated

Votes: 126 13.2%

• Total voters
Current state 11-14 at best.

But an established Rangers in the EPL with access to the riches would be challenging for the title and CL places every year.

We cant win our own league yet but talking about the EPL where we would finish lol.
Agreed, we'd get scudded down there. It's alright watching it on tv, watching these players live is unbelievable. Yes, even the so called diddy teams.
The fitness, speed and more importantly mental strength to play in that league is incredible.
We have a chance if we could survive the 1st season of possibly being lowrer mid table the next. We would be a force at home, no question. Be prepared to take some spankings though.

We have some deluded fans it seems, with this current squad in the form they was we'd struggle to stay up, yeah there's some so called shite in the EPL but they are still way better than us at the moment, time to peel of those blue tinted specs and look at it in "reality vision".

So hope we get it together this season and some of the chancers step up and live the dream...
Agree 100%. First half of the season we could have given it a go...second half....we'd be making Norwich look damn good. Need consistency.

First season be lucky to stay up, so voted 15-17. Second season be decent mid-table , season 3 competing for Europe. All would take was 2 years of their money for us to have as much of a chance as any of them

Having an argument with a mate and I genuinely think we could push top ten in our current state.

With time and EPL TV Money we could look top 6 and 4.

Just watching a lot of the games, and the standard is not as good as many would have you believe.

Our Euro form shows w're a match for most teams on our day.

For a start we are comfortably better than the three who will be relegated, Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa.

Hypothetically where do you think we would finish in our current form?
Villa have spent since getting promoted the best part of £200 million

If we spent a few years in the championship first, finding our feet and building up our squad and infrastructure we'd easily be top 8 every season maybe better.
If we were in the premiership now we'd be in the bottom 8 or worse for 2 season's maybe more.

I don’t really think European performances are barometers of how we would fare domestically in England.

Two of our key players have come from the likes of Burnley and Brighton. One has come from Liverpool’s youth team without really getting a sniff of even a loan to a Premiership club.

I really don’t know if our squad would have the depth and quality to last a full season in the Premiership without being in a relegation fight. We could feasibly beat any team in that division at Ibrox though, although I would be expecting Liverpool, City and United to beat us at home well.

I think they key is having a good manager and a plan. Theres so many overvalued and hardly any undervalued players in the premiership that sometimes our perception of the league is flawed.

If we could manage to escape all the players who hop from team to team and find players who would buy into a project and with a bit of luck and obviously money we'd do really well.

Some of the comments here are just ridiculous. We are still loaning kids from sides from the EPL to bolster our squad and yet some of you have us down as winning it within two years or something.

Absolute madness. Nothing quite like a bit of bias in football.

Right now we would be in a relegation fight but given time and with the money available in the EPL we would more than hold our own.

With this squad that managed to lose to Hamilton at home?. Relegated. Would be fighting for a play off spot in Championship. With all the money English football brings though and because of the size of our club, it wouldn't take too many years to be up beside the big boys.

Having an argument with a mate and I genuinely think we could push top ten in our current state.

Just watching a lot of the games, and the standard is not as good as many would have you believe.

For a start we are comfortably better than the three who will be relegated, Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa.

You’re off your rocker if you think that squad is competing for top half

I think current squad we would struggle but with tv money and serious investment with in ten years we would be pushing to win the league.

Where did I say that I think sheff utd have much better players than Rangers?
Well imagine that you think our squad is similar quality to Sheffield Utd's, for the sake of argument.
If that's your position on player standard, then I'm struggling to understand why you think that they're finishing top 10 but we'd have 'no chance'.

We'd be starting the season on the same day in this thought experiment, and we'd be playing the same teams.

If your argument is that it would take us too long to find consistency coming from a lower standard league, well it hasn't taken very long for Sheffield Utd's players to do just that.

This squad, relegated. Given time and the money available down south, top 4. It's why they don't want us and them. We'd dominate English football.

As a club, there’s clearly the potential to do well. But, as a squad, we’d struggle. Hardly surprising given the wages on offer.

I don’t watch much English football.

My sole interest is watching my bets go down the tubes.

The games I have watched, decent ones have been like hen’s teeth.
I like the way Man City play and that’s where next season’s money is going down the stank.

I have certainly watched a fair quota of fucking guff mind you and there’s absolutely no way we’d be relegated in that league.

About mid table for me.

I think we would finish low end of mid table but with the money made available we would be top 6 within a couple of years, obviously if money spent wisely

We would be in the bottom half struggling with the players we currently have, but with that league comes big money and big investment and we could certainly step up another few levels.
We have a fantastic fan base a great stadium but most of our players are not at the level needed to do well in the Epl.

Relegated. I watch loads of live EPL and SPFL football, mainly at Ibrox and St James' Park and the gulf in quality is huge. The ball control, the touch, the speed and fitness of the players, the finishing from the strikers, they are on totally different levels.

When you look at the contrasting budgets between ourselves and even the likes of Bournemouth it's not difficult to work out why.

I think we would finish low end of mid table but with the money made available we would be top 6 within a couple of years, obviously if money spent wisely

Liverpool
Man City
Man United
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Spurs
Wolves
Leicester

All of these teams are light years ahead of us and will all improve further more than likely.

People here take the piss about how much United have fallen. And yes, they're not the club they once were obviously on the field and have some way to go still before they are. But realistically how many of our players would get near their strongest 11?

Anything other than mid table would be a fantastic achievement,Heard so many times over the years that a few years TV cash would see the teams from here challenging for the title ,But look at who does best down there ,Everybody gets the big TV cash but it’s the team with the big foreign investment that win the trophies ,

I think as is we would certainly be bottom half but not sure exactly where. Ideally we would go into the Championship and have a few years to build up. Championship is a really good league as well.

Liverpool
Man City
Man United
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Spurs
Wolves
Leicester

All of these teams are light years ahead of us and will all improve further more than likely.

People here take the piss about how much United have fallen. And yes, they're not the club they once were obviously on the field and have some way to go still before they are. But realistically how many of our players would get near their strongest 11?
So that's 9 teams, if we finish a over the rest that would be top half I said that we would finish low mid table.
In a few years we would catch up with some of these, Leicester, Wolves are not big clubs but with money well spent we would be above them.
It's all conjecture of course as it wont happen in my lifetime

If we moved to the English premier league, it would really be about who would buy us .
It’s all about who pays the big wages .
We would be lucky to keep any our players if we moved to England

Current squad, 15th to 17th, but with money generated from TV , we would attract much better standard and improve each season
I disagree I think you are underestimating is I think a season or 2 in the division and we could challenge for top 6 not with the current squad but I’m talking with the money that’s in the EPL

Well imagine that you think our squad is similar quality to Sheffield Utd's, for the sake of argument.
If that's your position on player standard, then I'm struggling to understand why you think that they're finishing top 10 but we'd have 'no chance'.

We'd be starting the season on the same day in this thought experiment, and we'd be playing the same teams.

If your argument is that it would take us too long to find consistency coming from a lower standard league, well it hasn't taken very long for Sheffield Utd's players to do just that.

That is a fair point you make.

However, they now have players who are used to playing at a far higher level than our players week in week out.

We could be a match for anyone in a one off or even two legged affair but over a season we would struggle. You only have to look at our post New Year form over the past two seasons to conclude we may have an issue going the distance.

Admittedly I take very little interest in the Premiership anymore so my judgement may be somewhat skewed.

If we moved to the English premier league, it would really be about who would buy us .
It’s all about who pays the big wages .
We would be lucky to keep any our players if we moved to England
We could hit gold and get a REAL player buying us like Fenway sports or Sheik Mabigbut.

We could hit the pan and get the tit that took Portsmouth into admin 3 times filling his pockets. Allegedly.

It would be a really dangerous stick or twist.

Current squad is nowhere near the quality physically or mentally to survive in the EPL imo.
We would be a yo-yo team for a fair bit until we established ourselves.
Pipe dream stuff anyway.

I agree given the same advantages as the EPL teams enjoy in terms of revenue and given our fan base, I don't think we'd wait too long til we'd be challenging. Certainly top six. By that I don't mean the current team,I think we'd struggle initially but with the pull of the EPL and our great club, I think it would be easy to attract players of a superior level.

Last edited:
All a bit of fun of course, but 110 mentally challenged votes for relegation is a bitter concern for this forum.

Having that amount of lurkers is quite shocking.

Anyway, there was no 'Champions' option so I went for 1-4.

Current squad, 15th to 17th, but with money generated from TV , we would attract much better standard and improve each season

Yeah I agree. We can't even win the Scottish League with the squad last year.

We have shown we can compete against better teams in Europe so the talent is there in one off games. There would be more chance of a cup win.

Initially we would be down with the likes of Villa in terms of squad. However you are right, having access to that cash would see us improve and over time compete in the top half. There is no way we would ever have a chance of winning the EPL unless a billionaire threw money at us though

We would do well down there tbh.

Pretty much every game would be open and teams would want to attack us, That suits us big time. Hence the results in Europe and against the manky mob.

I’d say 9th-12th

Back