Where would we finish in the English Premiership?

Where do we finish?

• 1-4

Votes: 52 5.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 40 4.2%
  • 7-10

Votes: 189 19.9%
  • 11-14

Votes: 319 33.5%
  • 15-17

Votes: 225 23.7%
  • Relegated

Votes: 126 13.2%

• Total voters
Depends on circumstances, giving a full transfer window with the money available we would be mid-table. Given a few seasons building on the team etc we would be looking at top 4.

We would obviously be aiming to win the league unlike some of those down there who are just there to make up the numbers, bounemouth etc.

Depends on circumstances, giving a full transfer window with the money available we would be mid-table. Given a few seasons building on the team etc we would be looking at top 4.

We would obviously be aiming to win the league unlike some of those down there who are just there to make up the numbers, bounemouth etc.
This ^

Our support would demand success

In all honesty I think our squad right now would do well to be top 3 in championship - if we down there and got the money - we be top half in epl very quickly and on to top 6

I think given that Liverpool have spent 30 years trying to win it again tells you a lot. I'm 55 and if we were to start in there right now, I'm not convinced we'd win it in my lifetime. It's not just about the EPL money, there are owners at these clubs who can bankrole quarter billion spends in transfer fees? How do we ever compete like that? We'd be doing the same as the other mid end teams, over paying for players like Tierney to create nothing more than an ability to survive. You need to be able to attract the best managers and they need to know they have the money for the very best players. Unless some Sheikh takes over, that ain't happening.

Mid table. I don't think people realise just how shite some of these teams are. Just because they have millions of pounds flying about doesn't make them good.

In all honesty I think our squad right now would do well to be top 3 in championship - if we down there and got the money - we be top half in epl very quickly and on to top 6

How many Championship sides would compete in Europe?

In fact, how many English Premiership sides compete in Europe? Outside of the top 4-6, they usually get beat off nobodies.

With this squad we would be fighting to stay up.

The elephant in the room is that PL tv money would lead to a vastly improved squad.

Current squad is top 8 in the Championship.

No doubt longer term we'd be fighting for the top 8 in the Premier League

Current squad is top 8 in the Championship.

No doubt longer term we'd be fighting for the top 8 in the Premier League
I would say that would be about right. A couple of seasons there to build a squad, then promotion, then maybe top half of the EPL after another couple of years. The European argument is correct, but the Championship's difficulty is he sheer number of games and the physical nature of he game. We would win most home games, but away from home would be tough.

If the league finished in December then around 5th. If a full season then 17th

In all seriousness, with the worldwide fanbase, travelling support and history there would be Saudis absolutely choking to pump billions into us.

Currently in tenth are Burnley. A well organised team but no great shakes. I think we’d be around mid table with the current squad.

Got to factor in that our players could tackle without fear of a “poor” decision by the referee going against us

How many of our current starting 11 would get a start for any of the teams in the EPL?

Two maybe? Three at a push.

We would be relegated with the current squad. Top half with EPL levels of cash

"Our support would demand success"

We've been demanding success the last few years but that doesn't mean it's brought us any.

Bottom half probably. People say “with the money we would push for the title in a few years” so why don’t the teams there just now do it then? Look at the money the top 6 are spending just now and Liverpool still ran away with it. It’s a totally different ball game down south.
Big part is due to the fact that most of those sides aren't actually big names so will still struggle to attract players. For example if we were in the epl with the same TV money etc and a player had to chose between us and say Sheffield utd or Burnley when we can all offer the same amount in wages. Who do you think the player would choose

After the events of 2012, in a perfect world I would have loved to have seen us to start over at the bottom tier of English football. In the eight years that have passed we would probably be kicking about the championship now with the premier league not far off.

Back