Where's the goal threat?

Alex Venters

...against Dundee?

With Morelos and Arfield suspended I'm struggling to see where the goals are likely to come from.

Shouldn't be forgotten that Grezda plays as a striker for Albania and was the best player in their team against Scotland
He played on the left against Scotland and Wales, he is a wide forward not an out and out striker as such.

Would like to see him get a run of games and not be in and out of the team.

I think if grezda starts which I hope he does then he will be a massive goal threat, this is a huge game for us and one in which lafferty really needs to stand up and deliver, outwith those your looking at tav and possibly a set piece.

I'm convinced Grezda's got a lot more to offer.
If he can get on the scoresheet/ produce a motm performance; hopefully it will spur him on a bit..
He looks like he has a decent shot on him aswell, very smart and quick player who is only going to get better with a run of games.

I'm convinced Grezda's got a lot more to offer.
If he can get on the scoresheet/ produce a motm performance; hopefully it will spur him on a bit..
To tell you the truth, the whole problem is that they ALL have more to offer.
More hunger required about winning this title.

...against Dundee?

With Morelos and Arfield suspended I'm struggling to see where the goals are likely to come from.
Arfield isn’t suspended, is he?
I take your general point though.
Needs to be Lafferty and the rest of the midfield.
Set plays are going to be crucial.

Lafferty,Grezda and Kent hopefully.

Were I SG I'd be sorely tempted to start with McCrorie,Rossiter and Jack in midfield despite the lack of creativity there and ask Tav and Barasic to overload the flanks to get at Dundee.

Kent and Barrasic both fit , great opportunity to get them paired up on the left and bring Middleton on later in game as impact sub. That will hopefully provide opportunities to score.

Barisic has 6 assists in 11 games for us so far. Him being back would help a lot.
Candieas, Middleton, Grezda, Tavernier and Lafferty can all pop up with goals. Goldson and McAuley aswell from set pieces.

We're averaging almost 2.5 goals per game in the league so far this season with goals coming from all over the park.
If you look at our team almost every player has a goal in them so I'm not overly concerned about it.

I’d hope Andrew Dallas gets a spot on the bench given his recent form and Alfredo’s suspension. Would be nice to give him 30 mins assuming we are a few goals up. Would also be a decent option to come on should we need a goal

Lafferty, Grezda, Middleton, Kent, Candeias, Barasic, Tav (Goldson at set pieces)

Lafferty has waited for a chance. He has a couple of games to show us what he offers.

I really can't see us as bad again.

Having Barisic and Kent back is a bonus. If Coulibaly starts again my heart will sink.

Don't ever fancy Lafferty to score, so its down to the likes of Candeias/Middleton/Grezda/Tav, and if you take Tavs penalties out , there haven't been too many goals from them.

This could well be a game that shows what bottle we have got in our squad and who is going to stand up and be counted.
I would like to think the players selected are all a goal threat.

Don't care how we get the goals, set pieces, deflections or Dundee og's.
We need to make this happen, make our own luck.

This is not going to be as easy as some have suggested, under McIntyre Dundee have drawn two and won one, scored 7 goals and Miller has got 5 of them. They will be a danger, and we must get back to brisk attacking football to see them off.

This is not going to be as easy as some have suggested, under McIntyre Dundee have drawn two and won one, scored 7 goals and Miller has got 5 of them. They will be a danger, and we must get back to brisk attacking football to see them off.
Or 1 win in 7 , 4 defeats , 2 draws & 1 win.Depends how you look at the results but we really should be beating them

Back