Which ex Gers player is Goss similar to?

It’s the start of his time here on loan but I was wondering which Rangers player from the past is Goss similar to, I was thinking maybe Spackman, winning the ball, taking it from the defence and spreading out the play but I’m not always good at matching up players unless it’s obvious.

Jeremy clement I thought he was kinda similar to. Although I was probably only at a handful of games the Frenchman played as I worked away LeGuen era

I think Goss will get better at i read somewhere that was only his 8th competitive start in senior football

Guys had 1 game ffs ok he played ok but wasnt outstanding as folk made out .he broke up play and passing was good but thats it his delivery at corners he kept over hitting them

It’s a given he’s a long way to go to get to this level, but his style is very reminiscent of the late great Jim Baxter.
Having only seen the Youtube clips of Baxter I'm no expert, but in the games in the US I agree Goss looked very like him is stature.

Il be happy if he is the “new” Nigel Spackman.
Spackman was a very good midfielder, who imo, was vastly underrated.

It’s a given he’s a long way to go to get to this level, but his style is very reminiscent of the late great Jim Baxter.

Totally agree bud.....left peg is a wand.....hopefully he has a bit of the Kings arrogance when putting the filth to the sword!

Is this serious?

A guy plays one game for us and gets compared to the man some regard as the most skilful player of our 145 year history and the finest Scotland player in living memory.

I've said a billion times in here we exaggerate too much...

Is this serious?

A guy plays one game for us and gets compared to the man some regard as the most skilful player of our 145 year history and the finest Scotland player in living memory.

I’m guessing by how arsey he got with me pointing out the lunacy of the post that he is.

Coming soon:

How Lee Martin evoked memories of Cooper, and later in the series Bojan Djordjic as the new Wee Bud!!

Is this serious?

FFs mate did you actually read the post. First I said it’s a given that he’s got a long way to go to be as good as Baxter. I know well duh...! But clearly it seems it’s got to be spelt out but of course even that’s not enough! Then I said his STYLE is reminiscent of him. How in f***’s name am I suggesting he’s anywhere as good as Baxter. He also looks the neebor a Messi......

Agree it’s way too early but he reminds me a bit of a thin Dave Smith. Understand why some think he looks like Baxter but can I just point out that Baxter thought defence was something in de garden and that holding had something to do with a pint!

And he was the best and most entertaining player I’ve ever seen at Rangers.

Goss can win the ball, carry it forward and has a decent range of passing, he reminds me of a young Barry Ferguson.

Back