Which ex Gers player is Goss similar to?

I haven't seen him play yet but thanks to the comments on this thread I'm looking forward to seeing a cross between Spackman/Adam/Clement/Baxter/Kevin Thomson/Bett/Ness/Sandy Robertso/Nerlinger/Dave Smith/Albertz with a sprinkling of Hemdani and Boli. He'll certainly stand out.

I haven't seen him play yet but thanks to the comments on this thread I'm looking forward to seeing a cross between Spackman/Adam/Clement/Baxter/Kevin Thomson/Bett/Ness/Sandy Robertso/Nerlinger/Dave Smith/Albertz with a sprinkling of Hemdani and Boli. He'll certainly stand out.

Haha . . . you know what it's like on here . . . one shit performance and he'll be the new Dalcio

Hemdani.

Great range of passing, deep lying playmaker, not overly physical but capable of winning the ball back

Good shout, i would say on what i've seen Goss looks a more mobile version of Brahim, he also appears to be more adept at set pieces but i see the similarities.

Agree it’s way too early but he reminds me a bit of a thin Dave Smith. Understand why some think he looks like Baxter but can I just point out that Baxter thought defence was something in de garden and that holding had something to do with a pint!

And he was the best and most entertaining player I’ve ever seen at Rangers.
Dave Smith was the first for me that came
to mind.only time will tell.
One thing for sure his style was nothing
like Baxters.

After one competitive game, he reminds me a bit of Charlie Adam.

Charlie Adam could win you the game on his own, he had a wicked shot and was wasted out on the left wing where Walter played the kid a lot. Goss has a quality left peg but I don’t know if he will turn out to be similar to Adam a bit more defensive from what we have seen so far. Great corners and free kicks though.

After one competitive game, he reminds me a bit of Charlie Adam.

Lol I was saying the exact same to my mate the other night who wasn't at the game. Said Goss looked decent but he reminded me a bit of Charlie Adam as he hates a world cup baw and tries to take every set piece etc :D

Dave Smith was the first for me that came
to mind.only time will tell.
One thing for sure his style was nothing
like Baxters.
I can see the Dave Smith likeness but I think quite a few fuckwits seem to take that I suggested he was as good as Jim Baxter. What I said was his style was reminiscent of Jim Baxter meaning his languid comfortable style on the ball much in the same as Dave Smith had. Baxter, Gascoigne Laudrup were probably the three greatest, certainly most talented players ever to wear a Rangers strip. FFS do I really need to spell it out that I didn’t say he was anywhere as good as Baxter?..After one game ?Baxter probably my favourite Rangers player ever.

If he's anywhere near as good as some of the names mentioned then I'll spooge in my cornflakes.

You can not compare a kid with less than 10 professional starts with Jim Baxter.

You just fücking cant.

You can mate.

My dad is the biggest Baxter fan you’ll ever meet. The first time he saw Jamie Ness, he said to me that the way he moves and the way he passes the ball is reminiscent of Baxter.
Doesn’t mean he’s saying he’s as good or is going to be, just that he reminded him of him in certain movements!
Funny that Ness and Baxter have both been mentioned in this thread. Ness was the one I thought of!

You can mate.

My dad is the biggest Baxter fan you’ll ever meet. The first time he saw Jamie Ness, he said to me that the way he moves and the way he passes the ball is reminiscent of Baxter.
Doesn’t mean he’s saying he’s as good or is going to be, just that he reminded him of him in certain movements!
Funny that Ness and Baxter have both been mentioned in this thread. Ness was the one I thought of!
Exactly. Someone gets it !

Is this serious?

A guy plays one game for us and gets compared to the man some regard as the most skilful player of our 145 year history and the finest Scotland player in living memory.

I've said a billion times in here we exaggerate too much...
And I’ve agreed a hundred million times.

Is this thread for real?

We've signed a kid on loan from QPR who's played 1 game & now folk are trying to compare him with the likes of Ferguson, Baxter & Christian Nerlinger of all people?

What is going on man? :D
Saturday night. My guess is drugs.

Back