Which football manager would you want to have a pint with?

Gordy Boy

Past or present.

No Rangers managers allowed (I reckon within 5 comments we'll have a 'Walter Smith')

Used to be Mourinho but he seems to have become a grumpy bastard.

Sean Dyche or Sam Allardyce. Reckon they'd have the jaeger bombs in pre 9pm with a solid playlist on the Juke Box to back it up.

Yeah for me Walter Smith but obeying to the thread rules…

I’d go for Sir Alex Ferguson or Ancelotti. If unavailable then Jupp Heynckes

Probably SAF.

Klopp would likely enjoy the pints and strippers, but SAF would be a good listen.

Pep would be a prick.

Had the pleasure of Chris Colemans company for an hour or so in a pub next to Euston whilst we were both waiting for the sleeper to Glasgow about 15 years ago - on his way up to scout a Celtic game apparently. Think he was at Fulham back then. A more down to earth guy you couldn't meet.

Johan Cruyff or Rinus Michels. Masters of total football.
Bielsa would be interesting, but I get the feeling that I would walk away thinking “he needs a bird!”
Diego Simone would be good too.

Have been out for a few with Jim Jeffries when he was hearts manager scouting their European opponents lantana in Tallinn

Harry Redknapp.

reckon he’d be a pub for opening, greasy fry up while we read the racing post to set us up for the day type of guy. Plenty of coupons, night starts to take a turn when he gets a winner which puts him on to the half’s to early.

Night over by half 8 when we’re rolling about the car park fighting cause I’ve told him I’m fed up of hearing about that prick di canio. Sandras hanging out the window of the car shouting at him just to leave it.

Texts me the next day saying he was out of order and we go again next Saturday

Brian Clough would be my choice for an all time one
I worked with John Robertson’s brother Hughie.Him and some friends regularly went down for the European games.They always had a drink after the game and Clough would often join them,he said the man was something else,great company.

Back