Which football manager would you want to have a pint with?

Tim Sherwood

The two of us would be grading the slaggggggssss out of ten as they entered the pub.

Redknapp enlisted his dug to cheat the taxman. A round-dodger if ever there was one.

Craig Levein, destined to end up in the strippers, zero fucks given.
He'd have to improve on his mid-90s 'night out' demeanour then cos he was a dour sort back then. Sat mumping in the corner while Robbo kept the table entertained.

I bet Jimmy Calderwood would get his round in and find you a lock-in.

Wildcard: Paul Sturrock. Met him on the tail end of an epic booze-up and would have been good to witness the whole thing.

Craig Levein.
But it would be at a pub Michael Stewart frequented.
Watch Stewart walk through the door.
Order up a double round ... sit back and watch Craigy boy absolutely destroy the wee rat.
Barman of course turns a blind eye.
Craig sits back down and says... " Enjoyable "... smiles and downs his pint.

I would find Brian Clough intimidating for a bit, but after a pint I would ease up.
Harry Redknapp reminds me of my Uncle Ron from the east end.... great company.

Raymond Stewart ex West Ham
Was at a wedding with him, an absolute mad man
Funniest man I’ve ever met, unsure if he was on drugs
The stuff he was coming out with was legendary

Mick McCarthy. I know he played for them but he's the same age as me, from a working class town ( Barnsley) and I want to ask his take on the Roy Keane episode.

Bob Paisley

Matt Busby

Johan Cruyff/ Vic Buckingham (just to ask Vic how he discovered Cruyff, and to ask Cruyff what he actually thought.)

Raymond Domenech - to ask what actually went on with Nicolas Anelka at 2010world cup

Pirlo and Gattuso together. If you've read Pirlo's autobiography you'll know that could be a laugh.

At the other end of the spectrum, Jim Leishman.

Valeriy Lobanovskyi of Dynamo Kiev fame. A miserable bastard possibly, but i bet he'd be up for an absolutely monster session on the vodka while he regaled me with his mathematical tactic principles.

valery_lobanovsky.jpg

whilst I am no fan of man u, I reckon Alex Ferguson would be good company and have lots of interesting chat
I had a few nights in his company back when he was managing Aberdeen. Double vodkas all night and never stopped chatting up the barmaids.
The man would shag a split head.

Terry Venables used to run his own nightclub, so you'd think he'd know how to keep punters entertained.

Past or present.

No Rangers managers allowed (I reckon within 5 comments we'll have a 'Walter Smith')

Used to be Mourinho but he seems to have become a grumpy bastard.

Sean Dyche or Sam Allardyce. Reckon they'd have the jaeger bombs in pre 9pm with a solid playlist on the Juke Box to back it up.
Neil warnock nobody I prefer men dare give him a crap pint

My Gran while she was working in Gleneagles ended up sitting at the bar with Walter Smith, Archie Knox and Super Ally.

That useless fact aside, reckon Jurgen Klopp would be some laugh to have a drink with, probably Martindale from Livi too...

Valeriy Lobanovskyi of Dynamo Kiev fame. A miserable bastard possibly, but i bet he'd be up for an absolutely monster session on the vodka while he regaled me with his mathematical tactic principles.

valery_lobanovsky.jpg

The book written on him, A Man Ahead of His Time, should have been so much better.

His stories on formations, tactics, fitness, formations, preparation would be great to read.

Jock Wallace.......because he is Jock
Terry Venables.....Be amazing listening to his stories
Bob Shankly.......A legend that wanted to manage Rangers
Bill Nicholson.....to hear about White,Gilzean,McKay and Greaves
Brian Clough.......A man who could keep us amused with his tiles ,Derby and Forest
Rinus Michaels ......Brought total football to Europe with Ajax

Back