Votes: 129 67.9%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 61 32.1%

• Total voters

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Most of these polls have been goals from different decades, yesterday they were scored 17 years apart. So today's poll is something slightly different. These 2 goals were scored within a few minutes of each other in the same match.

February 8th 1997, Rangers are top of the table and going for 9 in a row. The opposition was Dunfermline at East End Park.
Gordon Durie put us a goal in front, then just over an hour into the game came this incredible few minutes.

Jorg Albertz, who the previous month had almost burst the Celtic net with a legendary free kick, swung The Hammer to make it 2-0.
Then God himself, by miles the best player in the country that season, ran from his own half as only he could to kill the game.

Our bus were arguing all the way back home which goal was better.

Which one would you have gone for?

Yesterday I gave Alfie the nod with culture over power. Going the opposite way today and The Hammer gets my vote on this one.

Tough one, both crackers, probably go for Laudrup's if pushed

This is definitely a tough one, but I'm going for The Hammer..... just.

Great power, but also great technique, the way he cuts across the ball.

Tough one. Would usually go for Laudrup on any question but think the Hammer just takes it.

Both great goals.

I don't believe I've done this, but looks like I have started 2 polls that Brian Laudrup is going to lose.

Ashamed of myself.

Normally cast my vote first and then watch the video to see if my memory of the goals is anywhere close to reality (getting' on a bit) but on this occasion I couldn't separate the two goals without watching first. Had I voted without watching I would undoubtedly have gone for Laudrup but, as good as his was, it's got to be Albertz this time.
Didn't really appreciate (or remember) how good that strike was - the view from behind is incredible.
The distance, the power, the way he comes around and takes it with the outside of his left foot. Fantastic.

That was my first away game with my mates
At the time would have said Laudrup but watching them today i’ve went for Albertz what an outstanding strike it was

Big Jorg with one of his standard tap-ins

Was coming in to say something similar with Laudrup's effort. Was the first or even only the 20th time he'd done it.

Laudrup for me today. Jorg's strike is a cracker but carrying the ball from inside your own half and thundering it in is one of my favourite type of goals.

You really don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone. Few players could have hit that Albertz goal with that power and precision with outside of the boot, while a foul on Laudrup inside his own half really could have been denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Giving it Albertz today as that was one of his best. Laudrup had many similar or better.

I've gone for der Hammer here, his would have been a goal to remember in any match in the world.

God's was very good but no more than we would expect from him.

Back