Which goal was better - Albertz vs Ferguson

Albertz or Ferguson?

• Total voters

rfm53247

Official Ticketer
Ferguson for me. His shot that came off the post just before the free kick would have been even better.

Shengus Malengus

I can't understand the amount saying Fergie's was better.
Wonderful goal that it was, you see very similar on a weekly basis.

The Albertz strike is a once in a blue moon effort.
No contest for me.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I can't understand the amount saying Fergie's was better.
Wonderful goal that it was, you see very similar on a weekly basis.

The Albertz strike is a once in a blue moon effort.
No contest for me.
Have to agree with that. Although to be fair the silent majority are voting Albertz. But free kicks like Ferguson’s are fairly common. You really don’t see many strike them like Albertz did. Even if you consider the importance of the games too, was a Scottish cup final really more important than beating them in the crucial 9IAR season? I’m not sure. As Andy Gray said, “that was awesome, absolutely awesome”.

Klos 1

Both goals are belters but picked Fergies because I was actually at that game right in line with it. Fergie had hit the post not long before the free kick & just felt it wasn’t going to be our day. So the elation when he scored it was immense.

tazzabear

Different types - Albertz gets it if your voting based on sheer power but Fergie's was a more cultured finish and, IMO, was more significant so it's Barry for me.
I think, by 50.1 to 49.9, you’re right.
I can hardly split these two but Ferguson’s, being in a cup final, just gets the tick.

moiphy

That's so hard. Technically, Albertz goal was better, was from miles out. Ferguson's goal meant more to me I think, that cup final was one of my best days as a Rangers fan. Both quality, Albertz for sheer power and Ferguson's for being an exquisite finish.

Evil-Monkey

Fergusons one for me as it turned the final in our favour. Great memories that day out watching the final as a young carefree 17yr old, scorching day and out on the lash with ur mates. What a team we had back then!

MatangiBear

Really hard to seperate these 2 absolutely brilliant strikes! - Ill go for Ferguson's because it was a cup final and the pressure was on.

Defoe_9

Hard to split these 2 Ferguson’s just edges it for me, as others have said completely turned that cup final in our favour.

BlueNoseBlueblood

The Hammer for me.

as with Ehiogu goal, for me it is just the assertion "this is going in, we NEED this"
- Then of course, who apart from Roberto Carlos can shoot an arrow like Jorge?

The_Seal

Good 1 op. Every time I watch both the smile on my face is from ear to ear lol. I love big hammer but I went with Barry due to growing up as a youngster I looked up to him and was my favourite player

Duffy1983

Albertz for me you don’t see hits like that often and from that distance.

If the keeper had got his hand to it - it would have broke his wrist on the way in. Great goal.