Votes: 129 57.8%
  • Alfredo

Votes: 94 42.2%

• Total voters

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Today's poll is between 2 very different types of goal scored at the same end of Pittodrie in victories over Aberdeen.

In January 2002, Lorenzo Amoruso scored the only goal of the game with a thunderbolt right out of the blue. A game remembered not just for his brilliant goal, but for some worrying crowd trouble when Rangers fans were pelted by coins.

In February 2019, Alfredo Morelos scored twice, with his second goal being a cool placement into the corner of the net to finish off a good team move. A game remembered for his ridiculous red card later on.

Both silenced the sheep.

But how do you like your goals? Raw power or clinical precision?

Which was the better goal?

Amoruso for me.

The game couldn't have been an easy game to play in considering what went on in the stands and it sent our support absolutely wild.

Plus I love a long distance screamer. :))

Amo - just because it was so spectacular.
It wasn't a surprise to see Alfredo score from that position, but I just wasn't expecting that thunderbolt from the big man.

Difficult one for me. Too different for me to call one better than the other.

I love how the goalie didn't even think about moving for Amo's. That is a bullet.

They’re the ones I generally call “lucky”.
More so, if you’re old enough to have seen Amo’s shooting, you may well agree!
It’s the “clinical precision” of Morelos for me.

I know Amo's shooting could be a bit wayward Tazza, but I wouldn't say Alfredo is the most clinical finisher either.

On the flip side, both executed what they were trying to do perfectly.

Tough choice there OP but a good one.
I picked Alfie purely for the composure and finish. Big Amo always fancied himself from distance and on this instance it went in.

Sorry to detract from thread, but anyone remember big Amos free kick against the yahoos in the 3-2 game at Ibrox in 2002? Must’ve easily been 35-40 yards out and rattled the corner of the bar and post. Goal of the Century had that gone in.

Amo's is a tremendous strike, but Morelos is more a precision finish, and the whole team move leading to it shades out for me

Seeing the Morelos replay from behind the goal wins it for me.

Back