Which goal was better? An Albertz special.

Better Albertz goal?

• October 1997

Votes: 108 49.8%
  • February 1998

Votes: 109 50.2%

• Total voters
What a player, the joy he used to give us, you could feel the excitement in the crowd as he lined up another pile driver.

1997 for me - probably because I went to the game with a Hibbee-supporting mate and thought, after they went 3-1 up - we were in or a doing. Petric was effing useless and I never liked Snelders in goal.

Gazza's free kick changed the game and after der Hammer's goal I knew we were on easy street.

I remember the 1st one I think. His goal made it 3-3 before Negri scored the winner after being 3-1 down?

1997 for me - probably because I went to the game with a Hibbee-supporting mate and thought, after they went 3-1 up - we were in or a doing. Petric was effing useless and I never liked Snelders in goal.

Gazza's free kick changed the game and after der Hammer's goal I knew we were on easy street.
Snelders was a major disappointment tbf.

I just had a keek and the highlights are on YTube. Gazza's free kick was a delight. Some clown-shoe defending from us though.

My birthday is October, I’d be turning 16 then. I remember this game as I was listening to it on Clyde with two school mates who were Tims and at half time they were 4-0 up and us 3-1 down. I was taking pelters, so when Negri scored the winner I gave the two of them it tight!

Went for the 2nd, there's something special about a dipping strike of a ball. It looks like its going over then just dips in. Both were crackers from a proper Rangers Icon.

My birthday is October, I’d be turning 16 then. I remember this game as I was listening to it on Clyde with two school mates who were Tims and at half time they were 4-0 up and us 3-1 down. I was taking pelters, so when Negri scored the winner I gave the two of them it tight!
So you're 39 this year, mate? I'd not have guessed that from the photo in your profile :cool:

Sitting at 102 votes each after 24 hours, we need a casting vote :)

Back