Which goal was better? Bougherra v Whittaker

Bougherra or Whittaker?

• Bougherra

Votes: 116 40.0%
  • Whittaker

Votes: 174 60.0%

• Total voters
Whittakers for me. Had such a cool head and could actually see in his actions, weighing up his options and making the opposition defenders make a choice before he decided the best course of action. Pretty sure I was at the game where boogie scored and can remember whittakers goal much more than boogies. Tbh, I'd forgotten all about boogies till I opened thread. Whittakers will remain with me for as long as I've still got my marbles

Reactions: dmg
I’d forgotten all about Bougherra’s solo run. Great goal too so perhaps I’d forgotten because it was the last in a rout.

Whittaker’s was so much more important.

Leaving aside the personality (or otherwise) of the individual players - Whittaker's was the better and more significant goal. On that basis I voted for Bougherra.

Naw - gave it to Whittaker despite all natural instincts to do otherwise :(

Whittaker for me.
Regardless of how you feel about him now it sealed a famous away victory in Europe that will always be remembered.

Two great goals. More memorable is Whittaker being quite the Euro run. Just remember thinking pass you p***k! Bougherra was an interesting character and great player for us.

Whittaker for me - wins the ball to start the move and scores an away goal in Europe... context is everything for 2 similar goals.

One great goal was the 7th in a home game stroll against mediocrity. The other stunning effort was a vital European away goal, at a crucial time, against quality opposition and of huge importance and significance.

Whittaker is a bit of a thicko and a prick, no question, but neither is it in doubt which goal was better.

Just couldn't vote for Shittaker. Obvious reasons
OzH5JNs.gif

Whittakers without question.

Bougherras was the 85th minute when we were 6-1 up against a team who had chucked it.

Whittakers was in a european knock out game which was still in the balance. No question which was the better goal.

Bougherra is the better goal, not taking importance of the goal into it or the level of opposition - absolute powerhouse who provided some great moments

Great goal from Bougherra but this is no contest for me - despite what I think of the guy now, Whittaker's goal is one of our greatest of all time IMO.

Not much in it, the 2008 uefa cup run was a very emotional time for me so every result, goal, game of it means so much.

But Whittaker’s a prick so vote for Bougherra.

Bougherra.

Truth is Sporting were knackered and there was barely a single proper challenge on the Grinch as he went through. I don’t think that’s me being clouded by what a massive cünt he is either.

Whittaker's for me.Like others I was screaming,"Pass it,pass it,pass the ball, ffs pass the fecking ball man,whit a goal":))

Whittaker. Voted for it because it was a more significant goal for us, but also the finish into the narrow gap between their Keeper and the corner was superb.

Whittaker but voted Bougherra. %^*& Whittaker.

Bougherra's goal is technically better too, something magical about a center half just going %^*& this and charging up the park but in terms of importance Whittaker has it and it's not a bad goal itself either.

The game at Ibrox against Utd was massive
We were cruising until Miller got sent off they pull one back and we are right under the cosh till the 4th goal goes in !

Whittaker.

The composure to to that in the dying second of a European Quarter Final, yes I know if Lisbon had scored it wouldn't have changed much in teams or qualifying but it was some composure, and his dummy as if he is passing to Cousin was great.

I’ve went for Whittaker, will always remember the shouts of ‘encouragement‘ for him to pass it :D

Back