Which goal was better? DJ or Novo?

Better goal?

• Derek

Votes: 84 44.7%
  • Nacho

Votes: 104 55.3%

• Total voters
At risk of making folk miserable. Not seen it back since. The week later in the 3-2 game the ball was zipped across the box at 2-2 about hour gone and Nacho came onto it somewhere similar struck it the exact same outside of foot with power and it flashed by the post by not much.

That one goes in we probably won the league.

Voted Nacho, video stops just before the mobile phone whizzes past them.

we don’t concede the last min winner against them in the above Novo game , we win the league

DJ’s goal is one of my all time favourite goals. We got beat that day but the goal always makes me smile.

Obviously too busy celebrating at the time, but I also remember loving his celebration when I later saw it on TV.

DJ tends to be remembered for his fantastic heading ability but as others have said he scored all types of goals. I certainly remember plenty like this goal, controls it on the chest then volleys it in, I can remember him scoring plenty like that. Brilliant player for us. Having said all that I've gone for Novo on this one!

That Novo goal sums up a large part of why they hated him, he only ever seemed to need one chance against them and he’d bag it. Some finish

Obviously too busy celebrating at the time, but I also remember loving his celebration when I later saw it on TV.
In my memory he ran all the way over to the jungle and gave them dogs abuse. He should always be talked about as one of our great players.

Amazing what you never realise at a match.
I was right behind that DJ shot and it never crossed my mind it took a nick off the defender. But now I see it almost 40 years later! Was a scorer all the way anyway though.

Same here, never realised that there was a deflection. Went for DJ, as loved his and coops gestures to the jungle. What any of us would have done if we had scored.

Back