Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Laudrup to Ferguson

Votes: 22 14.4%

• Total voters

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
The goals in the poll today are remembered more for the creator than the scorer.

In August 1986, it was our first league meeting v Celtic under Souness. Live on TV in the league for the first time, it was 0-0 and into the last 20 minutes. Step forward the great Davie Cooper with a breathtaking moment of vision and skill to set up Ian Durrant for the only goal.

In August 1994 it was the opening league game v Motherwell, a team we struggled against. Rangers had lost the Cup Final at the end of the previous season and on the previous Wednesday had lost in Greece in a Champions League qualifier. It was 1-1 going into injury time. Step forward new signing Brian Laudrup in his home debut to go on an amazing 70 yard run to set up a winner for Duncan Ferguson.

2 geniuses created them. But which goal was better?

PS the second clip shows both Rangers goals in the game, so it's the second one.

I knew it would be hard to find any set up to compare to Cooper.

Can already see that God is about to lose his 3rd poll out of 3 recently!

At least @SDF will vote for him.

Think this may be the biggest landslide yet @dh1963.

Both terrifically worked goals, but the set up by Cooper and that sublime pass are out of this world.

Nice wee dummy by Durrant too before he slots it home.

Only one winner for me.

Think this may be the biggest landslide yet @dh1963.

Both terrifically worked goals, but the set up by Cooper and that sublime pass are out of this world.

Nice wee dummy by Durrant too before he slots it home.

Only one winner for me.

Yip, looks like I should just have accepted it was unbeatable.

Cooper no question.
His awareness of what was around him, not just in front of him, and the ability to slip that perfectly weighted ball through for Durrant was sublime.
One of my favourite goals and in terms of assists by Davie Cooper this is even better than his Ilves Tampere set up for Fleck.
Sorry Brian - got to be DC today.

Ok, so just to give Laudrup’s a bit more credit, Laudrup’s is a better and far longer run.
But, like everyone else thinks, the pass from Cooper wins it overall.
The vision, awareness, cuteness of the touch is all just perfect execution.
Coop knew exactly what he was doing, but the opposition didn’t.
I actually wonder about that goal, and whether Coop just did it off the cuff or if Durranty was screaming for it and Coop just had to get it to him.
Either way, it’s just pure class.

two of my all time favourite moments. The motherwell game is when we saw how special laudrup would be for us, but the cooper take, dribble and pass was genius

I dont think this is even a contest.
Cooper to Durant is the winner for me.
The pass from Cooper was a blind pass that everyone would be raving about if a player done that today.

Coopers pass for me

Struggling to think of a better assist in any game ?

I loved candias assist vs rapid , but not as much , laudrup for durie ( header ) ? McCann in last nights cup final was decent .

Durrant‘s is one of my all time favourites. On a side note, isn it quite sad that big Dunc was not allowed to fulfill his potential with us and become the Rangers legend he could have been.

Terry butcher said in his Rangers news column a week or two later , that his ex team mate & England striker Paul mariner had saw coops pass , tried it in training & said he’d nearly ruptured himself .

Cooper/Durrant for me. One of the classic Gers goals with big Shirley left on his knees the icing on the cake.

Durrant, bonus point for the way he completely leaves Coop hanging with the celebration. :)

Has to be Coop to Durrant. One of my favourite goals against the yahoos. Archie's commentary is superb as well.

Seems like I’m going against the grain here. No doubt it’s the Laudrup one for me. His mazy in the build up was tremendous.

Durrant’s goal. The way Davie Cooper’s reverse pass filleted Aitken was a joy to behold. I always felt sorry for Davie Cooper as he expected Durrant to celebrate with him after the goal and Durrant ran past him.

Back