Which goal was better? Durrant v Ferguson

Better goal?

• Cooper to Durrant

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Laudrup to Ferguson

Votes: 22 14.4%

• Total voters
Think this may be the biggest landslide yet @dh1963.

Both terrifically worked goals, but the set up by Cooper and that sublime pass are out of this world.

Nice wee dummy by Durrant too before he slots it home.

Only one winner for me.
And an even better dummy after he scored. Durranty left Cooper looking like a spare pr*ck at a wedding as he ran past him to celebrate. Brilliant goal. One of my all time faves.

Cooper to Current.

Both goals were so important in the history of the club, but that one was required to prove Marlborough and Holmes were correct in the way they wanted the club to go.

In the minority again today. laudrup's pace allowed him to breeze thru
the opposition - Only surpassed by gazza against the sheep.

to have that instinct, those of us old enough to have seen Cooper when he was on song were truly blessed

Laudrups run was amazing and he is still my favorite Rangers player of all time but that ball from Cooper was just sheer brilliance. The vision, the weight, the fact he isn't facing the run.

Durrants goal wins, plus I think it was a better finish. It looked more composed

No contest, Cooper to Durrant is up there with the best worked goals we've ever scored. Sublime skill from Cooper, not many players had that in their locker.

Yer auld Da might be wrong but was the game live on the BBC for Durrant's goal?

Seem to remember this as a bit of a novelty for a league game back then?

I stand to be corrected right enough.

And an even better dummy after he scored. Durranty left Cooper looking like a spare pr*ck at a wedding as he ran past him to celebrate. Brilliant goal. One of my all time faves.
Cooper talks about that celebration in a recent heart and hand episode I'm sure .

Not too often I’ll go against Laudrup but, sorry Brian, you’re on a loser this time.
Laudrup’s run was superb in every way but the pass was standard and the finish a wee bit above standard but certainly expected.
Cooper though, great run, great vision, great pass whilst inviting Aitken to chase him even though the ball was elsewhere, then a brilliant decoy for Durrant to get past him and celebrate with the EE.
Durrant’s contribution, great vision seeing the gap appear, great anticipation and a great “sit down Pat” dummy before an expected finish.
Add to that, dummying Cooper en route to the EE was maybe better than the actual dummying of Bonnar.

Two great goals but the Cooper pass was a thing of beauty followed up with a composed finish by a young Durrant. That wins it for me.

The control by Cooper to beat his man before the pass is also superb.

Back