The better headed goal?

• Hateley

Votes: 135 64.0%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 76 36.0%

• Total voters

Stephen Johnston

Opening day of 93/94 season

THAT header is at 3.50, but start at 3.35 because the previous header v Hearts is every bit as good and shows just brilliant in the air he was.
Superb!! That’s the header I was talking about, he was brilliant in the air.
Opening day of 93/94 season

THAT header is at 3.50, but start at 3.35 because the previous header v Hearts is every bit as good and shows just brilliant in the air he was.

caddy

Hateley for me. My favourite ever goal. Was at a more critical point as well, we absolutely had to win.

The Clunge Taster

2 massive headers in our history and both brilliantly executed.

I've went for Hateley, just.

On a side note, DJ's header against Wales in 78 is probably the best header I've ever seen from a Rangers player.
No Chance!! Best header from a Rangers player is Kenny Miller league cup final, 9 unbreakable men.

Monty Brewster

Laudrup's for me, just because of the magnitude of the game, after blowing it against Motherwell at home it was relief to get 9-in-a-row done!

BlueNoseBlueblood

Surprised I didn't go with the majority on this one, as I have on all previous.

Hateley got between two CBs and hung in the air, but Laudrup never scored with his head v much and really launched himself for that, so he got my vote

the dug

I've gone for Hateley because of the emotion involved in the day.
Souness leaving, half a squad injured, needing to win etc etc.

And do you see the height he gets?

spirit_of_93

Hateley’s is probably the harder header to execute concisely so I’ll go Hateley.

Splitting hairs though, voting against god on anything just feels wrong, never mind god delivering 9.

rfm53247

Official Ticketer
Laudrup for me as I was a bit young for the Hateley header [although it was such an important goal]. Also a Laudrup header is a bit of a rarity.

Finnieboy

Tough one but there may not have been 9 in a row if weren't for the big man. A fantastic day & atmosphere

The Modfather

Never got a ticket for the aberdeen game, and it was the 3rd game I missed that season. Gutted, listened on a tranny in a burger van at the side of the West Enclosure, think I got in as they were going round the park with the trophy for 5 mins. Was in the United end at Tannadice, and a whole section went cuckoo at the goal. Cue loads of arabs wanting us chucked out.

Rudolph Hucker

Hateley, just. We were staggering towards the finishing line at the time, the Magnificent Bastard had just left, we conceded a late goal the week before in a defeat to Motherwell to go behind the sheep on goal difference and half our team was injured with the other half barely fit. The character shown by the new manager (whatever happened to him? :)) ) and the entire squad was immense that day.

Latest posts