Votes: 81 46.3%
  • Fergie

Votes: 94 53.7%

• Total voters

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Today's poll features 2 Hall of Fame players with long Ibrox careers and the medals to show for it.

Like all Rangers greats, they made a difference in the big games, and these goal came in the biggest ones.

First, Derek Johnstone scored this beauty in our first ever Premier League game in 1975. Home to Celtic, a goal down and into the second half. Our best player of the 1970s might have been best known for his heading ability, this goal shows he was much more than that. We won 2-1.

Second, Ian Ferguson putting us 2-1 up in the second half of the 1988 League Cup final with a cracker against Aberdeen. A man with 10 league medals, he had already scored in a Scottish Cup final for St Mirren, and now scored in his first Cup final for his boyhood club. We won 3-2.

2 spectacular first time finishes. 2 goalkeepers with no chance. 2 big crowds and great occasions.

But which goal was better?

Ferguson for me, he was one of my favourite players at the time. I'm sure I had Rangers top with his name on the back to go with my Rangers trainers at the time.

Fergie's for me.

Perfect technique and right into the corner.

No keeper was stopping that.

Instinctively went for Johnstone.
On analysis, Ferguson’s strike took more technique to get right.

Today's poll features 2 Hall of Fame players with long Ibrox careers and the medals to show for it.

Like all Rangers greats, they made a difference in the big games, and these goal came in the biggest ones.

First, Derek Johnstone scored this beauty in our first ever Premier League game in 1975. Home to Celtic, a goal down and into the second half. Our best player of the 1970s might have been best known for his heading ability, this goal shows he was much more than that. We won 2-1.

Second, Ian Ferguson putting us 2-1 up in the second half of the 1988 League Cup final with a cracker against Aberdeen. A man with 10 league medals, he had already scored in a Scottish Cup final for St Mirren, and now scored in his first Cup final for his boyhood club. We won 3-2.

2 spectacular first time finishes. 2 goalkeepers with no chance. 2 big crowds and great occasions.

But which goal was better?

Big dj for me. Just

I loved Fergie's goal, but DJ's was a belter.

I also find it hard to not automatically prefer the goal against the filth!

I'll go with DJ.

Must be quite a few in here not even born when either was scored, it's a nostalgia poll today

Me included. :))

Going for DJ , as he was under serious pressure when striking it.

Such an iconic game too sways it even more for me.

Fergie for me. Both superb goals and DJ's was against the filth so should really win for that alone, but i was at that Sheep game and it's great memories of being young and going mental with your mates at Fergie's goal.

Loved Fergie and that was a fantastic strike but, for me, it's got to be DJ today.
His first shot was going in the bottom corner before getting deflected away which only served to give him the opportunity for an even better finish in the opposite top corner.

I'm going with DJ, he's hit a belter from outside the box.
Without detracting from Fergies it sits up perfect for him but not an easy hit none the less.

Back