Which goal was better? Johnstone v Ferguson

Better goal?

• DJ

Votes: 81 46.3%
  • Fergie

Votes: 94 53.7%

• Total voters
Soon be a new poll, no more votes for DJ? My heroes keep losing these votes!

Soon be a new poll, no more votes for DJ? My heroes keep losing these votes!
Sadly more people on the board have seen the more recent goals and have fond memories of the day they were scored and this potentially sways their decision. Also better TV footage of the more recent ones from a variety of camera positions so in a lot of instances we see the more recent strike winning against the likes of John Greig or big DJ.
Feel a bit like Tommy McLean - constantly crying "it's an injustice it is!"

As much as appreciate Big Eck's assist with Fergie's goal... and I remember the scenes quite vividly...it has to be DJ's for me.
The execution on the half volley, just the ball was about to hit the carpet... was superb.
Not sure he could have done that again in a hundred attempts if he tried!

Last edited:
Went for Fergie due technique. Magnificent goal. We did not lose much when Ferguson was in the team. His career statistics at Rangers are incredible.

DJ's goal was a belter, great to see him in his prime, around that time and just after it defences in Scotland could not get near him.

A close poll this one and rightly so.

DJ was known more for his headed goals but was actually an excellent all round finisher. Although Fergie's goal was a stunner I choose Derek's as it was against the Bheasts and DJ was my hero.

With a defender in front of him tremendous technique to get anything from it I go for Fergies but DJs was a cracker.

Back