Votes: 166 61.0%
  • Barrie

Votes: 106 39.0%

• Total voters

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Today's poll is between goals scored in Edinburgh in games Rangers lost, so they don't get thought about very often. Scored during very different periods in our history by the main creative wide man in the side.

Goal 1 is from March 1995 and scored by Brian Laudrup. A Rangers team going for 7 in a row were 2-0 down at Tynecastle just before half time. Like many times that season, the player who got us back in the game was the Great Dane with this brilliant curling shot. Unfortunately we couldn't find an equaliser in the second half.

Goal 2 is from April 2016 and scored by Barrie McKay. Rangers were winning the Championship and finally going back to the top division and the previous weekend had famously beat Celtic in the Cup. However, at Easter Road we were 3-1 down with not long left when McKay gave the Rangers fans hope with his second spectacular shot in the space of 4 days. We lost 3-2.

2 consolation goals. 2 Capital defeats. 2 goalkeepers well beaten. Precision v Power.
Which goal was better?

Thanks again to @Rangers Archive Footage for creating this video comparison.

Laudrup for me, but wee Barrie really was a very clean striker of the ball.

Vert hard to separate those two. I went for Laudo's. It was a touch more thoughtful, andexquisitely placed. Barry on the other hand, saw his opportunity and gave it a skelp.

I actually went for McKay, surprised to see it so one-sided. Something that was never in question with Barrie was skill and technique, has bags of ability just far too timid.

Laudrup, he placed his, whereas McKay, the great strike that it is, hit across the ball. I heard Michael Owen say that he doesn’t think and long range goals where the get hit in hope more than anything should be classed as wondergoals, half the time the players miss hit the ball and it goes in. In this clip Laudrup caresses the ball into the top bin.

I am going for McKay.

Just to think the mockits goalie said his cup goal was a one-off never to be repeated. A couple of weeks later - bang!

McKay.
I’m surprised at the voting.
Like many of these polls, affection for the player takes over.

The polls rarely get judged on the quality of the goal which is the point of them however you get people picking the one with the better result or how they liked the player instead of the quality of goal.

Don't remember seeing that Laudrup one before at all strangely. Still think BM scores the better goal here

Isn’t it a pity that a player with such clear talent as Barrie McKay has squandered a very promising career? Oh and Laudrup’s is the better goal.

Eh whit are you serious he was an absolute bottle job and nowhere near good enough , please tell us who you would drop to have him in the side.
He was clearly good enough, He didn't apply himself often enough which seen him dropped and punted. His skill was never in doubt, it was his attitude that fucked him.

Laudrup, and it's not even close.

Brings the ball down at pace with a lovely caress and then arc's the ball round the defender and keeper into the top corner. He had a lot more to do. When receiving the ball, the outcome didn't look likely.

McKay, although a great hit, didn't have to do anywhere near the same. The keeper getting pumped from distance at his near post, was pretty poor as well.

No contest.

Laudrup, he placed his, whereas McKay, the great strike that it is, hit across the ball. I heard Michael Owen say that he doesn’t think and long range goals where the get hit in hope more than anything should be classed as wondergoals, half the time the players miss hit the ball and it goes in. In this clip Laudrup caresses the ball into the top bin.

What absolute f*cking nonsense. :D

Went for Laudrup.
Delightfully placed into the top corner.
If I'm being critical I wouldn't be happy if my goalie was beaten by McKay's goal.

Mckay on the left with Kent on the right would have been a nice option.
He was a cracking player, just didn't have the correct attitude a professional footballer should have. I wish he was still here with someone like Gerrard egging him on.

Laudrups for me, Mckay's goal is a cracker but the curved placed shot from laudrup takes more skill.

McKay.
I’m surprised at the voting.
Like many of these polls, affection for the player takes over.
I'm sure the Op has said previously that Laudrup has never won of these votes so it's not entirely down to admiration of the players involved.

They are both excellent strikes and sometimes it takes a small margin to decide either way.

I am going for McKay.

Just to think the mockits goalie said his cup goal was a one-off never to be repeated. A couple of weeks later - bang!

This for me too. It was a one off then boom.

Great strike of the ball.

If this Laudrup goal was scored by say Lewis macleod up against this mackay goal there is no way people would pick Lewis macleods over mackay but Laudrup is winning this vote purely because he's God.

Back