Which goal was better? McCoist v Miller (with poll)

Better goal

• McCoist

Votes: 261 85.3%
  • Miller

Votes: 45 14.7%

• Total voters

dh1963

Today's poll is between 2 classic Rangers goals scored by our Number 9 when we hit the opposition on the break.

First, in 1992 we played English champions Leeds United in the Battle of Britain qualifier for the first ever Champions League. 3-1 up on aggregate, but under the cosh away from home with no Rangers support, we broke from the edge of our penalty area in a sweeping move that was finished by an Ally McCoist header. The tie was won.

Second in 2010 we found ourselves playing 9 v 11 in the League Cup final against St Mirren and they were camped around our penalty box. Then with 7 minutes left we broke from the edge of our penalty area and within seconds the ball was in the net thanks to a Kenny Miller header. The cup was won.

2 immortal goals. 2 Walter Smith masterclasses. 2 favourite moments. But which goal was better?

Today's poll is between 2 classic Rangers goals scored by our Number 9 when we hit the opposition on the break.

First, in 1992 we played English champions Leeds United in the Battle of Britain qualifier for the first ever Champions League. 3-1 up on aggregate, but under the cosh away from home with no Rangers support, we broke from the edge of our penalty area in a sweeping move that was finished by an Ally McCoist header. The tie was won.

Second in 2010 we found ourselves playing 9 v 11 in the League Cup final against St Mirren and they were camped around our penalty box. Then with 7 minutes left we broke from the edge of our penalty area and within seconds the ball was in the net thanks to a Kenny Miller header. The cup was won.

2 immortal goals. 2 Walter Smith masterclasses. 2 favourite moments. But which goal was better?

2 incredible headers from 2 incredible matches.

I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I'm going for Kenny Miller.

It was the last time me, my dad and my late grandpa were able to attend a match together.

He was simply too ill to attend after that, but thanks to Rangers and Kenny Miller, he got a final game never to forget.

A game with really special memories for me.

Miller. Simply as we were down to 9 men at that point

McCoist's by a mile.

Everything about it just oozes class from Hateley's dummy and Durrant's outside of the boot pass to Hateley's wonderful cross and Ally's bullet header.

It is a fantastic piece of counter attacking

Both goals were fantastic. Millers header was probably a more difficult header than Mccoists. I love the pass from durrant to Hateley. Iniesta style pass perfectly weighted.

I think because of the significance of the competition and knocking out the English league champions I’d say McCoists goal was better.

I’m having a bit more difficulty in deciding between the goals than those who have already voted but in the end have to agree that it’s McCoist.

McCoists header. A much harder goal to score as it was a narrow angle and a diving header, he executed it perfectly.

Before watching them I thought McCoist by a mile. Forgot how good Millers was. Miller better in terms of a team goal due to being down to 9 men but McCoist’s was against the English champions so McCoist for me.

There's been a few of these recently where it's been a tough decision.
Didn't have to put any thought into this one.
Easily McCoist.

Has to be McCoist's. One of the best goals we've scored in European competion. Apologies to the pigeon.

CL Qualifier, stakes massive. Can you imagine Rangers up against the English Champs these days.

Super gets my vote.

That League Cup Final Should Have Been Renamed, “Pigeon Day” after the Pigeon giving Naismith the Direction of the Flight of the Cross! LOL

McCoist for me today to score a goal of that quality against the Champions of England in their own stadium and knock them out of Champions League was outstanding

The merits and context of both goals cannot be underestimated

However it's McCoist's all day long.

McCoist - what a game Goram had that night. Leeds had a fantastic team at the time and we were really under the cosh at times. The speed and class of the breakaway, the ball through from Durrant, Hateley's cross and the quality of finish from McCoist (who wasn't great in the air) means there can only be one winner in this one

2 incredible headers from 2 incredible matches.

I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I'm going for Kenny Miller.

It was the last time me, my dad and my late grandpa were able to attend a match together.

He was simply too ill to attend after that, but thanks to Rangers and Kenny Miller, he got a final game never to forget.

A game with really special memories for me.

It was a day at Hampden we simply won’t forget, how we won I do not know.

Even more special with your family there mate that’s class.

Back