Which goal was better? McCoist v Miller

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Today's poll is between 2 classic Rangers goals scored by our Number 9 when we hit the opposition on the break.

First, in 1992 we played English champions Leeds United in the Battle of Britain qualifier for the first ever Champions League. 3-1 up on aggregate, but under the cosh away from home with no Rangers support, we broke from the edge of our penalty area in a sweeping move that was finished by an Ally McCoist header. The tie was won.

Second in 2010 we found ourselves playing 9 v 11 in the League Cup final against St Mirren and they were camped around our penalty box. Then with 7 minutes left we broke from the edge of our penalty area and within seconds the ball was in the net thanks to a Kenny Miller header. The cup was won.

2 immortal goals. 2 Walter Smith masterclasses. 2 favourite moments. But which goal was better?

Ally's is the better goal - just superb from start to finish.

Miller's goal was testament to Sir Walter and his management.

I'll go for Ally.

Sorry, messed up and forgot to add the poll.

Now on different thread.

Can Admin merge or delete the other one?

Maybe McCoist's the better team goal but I reckon Miller's was the more difficult to finish and he put it right in the corner.

McCoist's goal against Leeds is my favourite ever Rangers goal but there are no bad Rangers goals, just some that are better than others

I made an arse of this thread and missed adding the poll.

Seems obvious already who will win it, but can folks please use the other thread that says "with poll" in the title until this one gets deleted or merged?

Back